May 9th, United Center in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG!! My friend just offered me a ticket to this Chicago gig! Since I was going to Toronto this weekend anyway, I'd catch a ride with him - we'd drive the 8 or so hours from T.O. to Chicago then head back the next day! (and I have to add T.O. to Ottawa on top of that!).

I doubt I'd be able to partake in any of the extra activities mentionned in all these threads but this is the coolest thing and I'm so excited and I've always wanted to go to Chicago & I just have to share it!!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

ROAD TRIP + U2 + COOL AMERICAN CITY = BEST WEEKEND!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Was there any confirmation on the Death Disco the night of the 10th? That'd be a cool place to go after the show that night. :hmm:

i'd really like to go to this too! however, i have a feeling i might be falling asleep after the show on the 10th, due to fatigue from being in GA all day.... if you hear anything more about it, please let us know! thanks, PopAngel! :up:

*Ally* said:

i'd really like to go to this too! however, i have a feeling i might be falling asleep after the show on the 10th, due to fatigue from being in GA all day.... if you hear anything more about it, please let us know! thanks, PopAngel! :up:
i'm typically wiped out after a show, especially 2 days of GA back to back :crazy:

But I hope details are posted here if people decide to get together.

I will be arriving in Chicago alot earier Sunday than I thought :) Iam not sure about the HardRock Cafe but if there are any other meetups on Sunday I love to know :)

We will be leaving right after the concert so I wont be able to attend any thing after the concert Monday.

So, people, any more thoughts about a meeting place for after the May 9 concert? Rock Bottom Brewery? Someplace else? Anyone?

Cell phone lists for everyone this afternoon...not too late to send me your info! kyrau2@yahoo.com

What the majority of people want to do, I'm cool with.

Are we meeting somewhere at the UC and then going, or just meeting at the place?

tawanda said:
now predicting thunderstorms...:huh:

i just looked on weather.com, it just says scattered, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

actually thunderstorms don't bother me, in fact it may help weed out some of the less avid fans from standing outside all day in a GA line and give us a better chance of getting in the ellipse :sexywink:

although i don't want to get struck by lightening :huh:

i could care less about the weather, but thats when im there.

I'm flying in around noon on 5/9 and if my flight gets delayed, I'll be pissed

We have clear plastic rain ponchos that were dirt cheap (like a buck or two) that I'm stuffing in a bag and can toss w/o guilt.
I forgot where we got them though :shrug:

hluvslmj said:
We have clear plastic rain ponchos that were dirt cheap (like a buck or two) that I'm stuffing in a bag and can toss w/o guilt.
I forgot where we got them though :shrug:

that would be the "emergency poncho". available at your nearest drugstore. don't leave home without it.

RademR said:
What the majority of people want to do, I'm cool with.

Are we meeting somewhere at the UC and then going, or just meeting at the place?

Same question. I can't go anywhere afterwards but I can meet somewhere at the UC for a little while. I'll probably want to film some fan reactions for my documentary video.
(see http://forum.interference.com/t126043.html)

I'll be there!

5/9, 5/10 GA for both and hopefully seats for 5/12!
Hope to see all of you there!
I'm about 5/4, have brown hair and eyes, light skin and I might be wearing a shirt that says LOVE

I'm flying solo for 5/9, 12.

I'll be @ the Hard Rock Sunday, I would like to join some folks on the 5/9 get together...I ain't got much ideas, haven't been downtown in a long while, matter of fact...but anywhere where they sell booze is alright with me :)

I've got a ride so a handful can come with me if needed...

I was too late to catch the list, my email is hrvoje4@rcn.com

I'll be the tall, handsome guy w/ 'stache & goatee (I'd like to think I look like Chris Cornell, maybe when I'm tanned & toned, but I'll keep dreaming! :)

Paul

P.S. I heard Bono will be promoting Edun somewhere downtown on Wed.

I'm proposing an early afternoon pow-wow at the Cass, followed by drinks in the neighborhood, followed by a mass migration to the gig, perhaps to catch Bono signing autographs . . .
My cell is on the list for those who got it.
Two more days!!!
love and peace or else,
Anu

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
So is there an unofficial spot to meet before the show? Especially for those who do not have GA tickets?

good question. The Cass hotel sounds like a good spot to meet up because everyone is staying there (I'm staying 0.5 miles away). Any other ideas?

I think a landmark (such as the Jordan statue) should be the Interference HQ after the show so we can all decide where to go and how to get there? Yes, no?

well y'all i'm heading to my friends house tonite and the airport tomorrow morning :hyper:

i don't know if this had been posted somewhere before or not, but i got an email from the united center with their GA policy...here's the link:

http://www.unitedcenter.com/test/U2GAlinepolicy.pdf

see you there :hyper: :wave:

oh and i finished bono's card for anyone who wants to sign it there can :) i'll have it in a red plastic bag...so i guess look for that :laugh:

Last edited:
nobodysbabynow said:
I think a landmark (such as the Jordan statue) should be the Interference HQ after the show so we can all decide where to go and how to get there? Yes, no?
Sounds good

so is there an official meeting place for after the show on 5/9? A specific bar/lounge we're all going to?

Or are we just playing it by year and using the cell phone list?

Flying out of DC tommmorow :wink:

Back
Top Bottom