May 22nd, Wachovia Center in Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in GA, so I'll be spending Sunday in line, but I'm coming down Friday to see Ryan Adams, so I'll have Saturday to knock around town. I suggest the art museum and the Rodin museum. If the weather is nice, I plan to spend Saturday evening on South Street. It's a bit touristy, but it has a lot of nice little shops, and it ends overlooking the water.

Or you could come hold my place in line while I try to meet the band! :wink:

Incidentally, what time are others thinking of lining up?

Sherry Darling said:

Anyone know of a cheap place to stay?

Go to hotwire.com. I got a room downtown at a Holiday Inn that regularly goes for $175/night for $75 a night. It doesn't tell you your hotel until after you register and pay, but it lets you choose from various parts of the city and tells you what quality the hotel is and what features it has. I couldn't believe what a great deal I got.

Maybe I'll see you in the GA line! :waves:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm in GA, so I'll be spending Sunday in line, but I'm coming down Friday to see Ryan Adams, so I'll have Saturday to knock around town. I suggest the art museum and the Rodin museum. If the weather is nice, I plan to spend Saturday evening on South Street. It's a bit touristy, but it has a lot of nice little shops, and it ends overlooking the water.

Or you could come hold my place in line while I try to meet the band! :wink:

Incidentally, what time are others thinking of lining up?

If your planning on going to the art museum call ahead and reserve tickets for the Salvidor Dali exhibit. They just extended untill the end of May. I was there last month and its really great.

we will be in line sometime Sunday morning Im leaning towards 9 or 10am. Hope to see many of you there!!

weather.com is predicting a 60% chance of rain for next Sunday. Yuck. Maybe it will at least scare less die-hard fans away? I'd better find my poncho...

Hawkmoon04 said:

If your planning on going to the art museum call ahead and reserve tickets for the Salvidor Dali exhibit. They just extended untill the end of May. I was there last month and its really great.

:yes: I was there last month too. :up: Wow, I didn't know they extended it until the end of May.

I'll be in Philly 2 with lower level tix.

Oooooo I adore Dali! I just might do that.

So does any one know how this works? Do we stay in line all day,or line up and get a # or a bracelet or something? Is there another thread that talks about this that I've missed?

I plan to leave DC by 6. :huh:

skjuls said:

Dizzy, you are still following me!!!

What, don't tell me you also went to the Dali exhibit! :no:

Skjuls, you should show yourself next time so I know who I'm following. :wink: Or rather, who's following me....

dizzy said:

What, don't tell me you also went to the Dali exhibit! :no:

Skjuls, you should show yourself next time so I know who I'm following. :wink: Or rather, who's following me....

No I didn't go to the Dali exhibit.

what type of tix do you have for May 22?

not looking forward to the drive!

remember I was in Chicago May 7

The 5/14 line had its ups and downs. I got there around 3 and was #293. Around 4:30, they made us put our stuff (coolers, chairs, etc.) in our cars and broke us up into 2 lines--a regular GA line, and a line that was pre-sale and or fan club members. What stunk was that a huge percentage of the people in line were in fact fan club people, so our line was remaining long while the non-fan club line barely had anyone in it. Looking back, I should've hid my crappy u2.com keychain and jumped into the non-fanclub line, but I'm not complaining (wound up 2 people back from the rail, slightly to the right of the tip of the ellipse--awesome!). Our line DID move slightly faster because we had two doors to enter through while the other line was only getting to go through one.

Overall, I loved being in line, and luckily had a great GA experience. Philly U2 fans are the best, and I can't wait to do it all over again on Sunday!

BonoIsMyMuse said:

Go to hotwire.com. I got a room downtown at a Holiday Inn that regularly goes for $175/night for $75 a night. It doesn't tell you your hotel until after you register and pay, but it lets you choose from various parts of the city and tells you what quality the hotel is and what features it has. I couldn't believe what a great deal I got.

Maybe I'll see you in the GA line! :waves:

This is the best kept secret on the web. I am travelling with my friend from Toronto to see the band in Philly. We booked our hotel on hotwire and got the CROWNE PLAZA for cheap.

Just wondering where the party will be at.....and what time I should line up. We've got GAs and ready to show some Toronto U2 spirit.

Any ideas or word on soundcheck and where the band stayed last time round?

As for the questions about the NY show? They usually skip town if they play another city. I don't expect them to stay in NY. They'd prolly leave right after the show and head to the city of Brotherly Love....

Last edited:
I really hope they come in that night! That would be best case senereo for an amazing show. I really hope they treat this show as a second show(like a back to back) not just another single show with the standard set list. Would love to see them mix it up and blow us away.
Anyway,,,,,cant wait....will be in line around 10.

I might have an extra ticket to this show (sec 109, ROW 4!!!). I don't think my friend will be able to make it- PM if interested.

elevateandy said:
I might have an extra ticket to this show (sec 109, ROW 4!!!). I don't think my friend will be able to make it- PM if interested.

Hi elevateandy I may be able to help you with that ticket. Email me if you get a chance. jgindele@gmail. com

Thanks that would be great!!

People should make some signs requesting BAD!!!!! I hope they don't give us the same set list as the 14th- I hope they treat it like a second show!

elevateandy said:
People should make some signs requesting BAD!!!!! I hope they don't give us the same set list as the 14th- I hope they treat it like a second show!

Man I cant agree more, I have been thinking about this for a while. I am really hoping they dont see it as just a single show. I hope they treat is like Philly had back to back shows. Also a little worried about them coming off a Saturday night in MSG. I know this will take alot out of a band.

Anyway Im glad I wasnt at the 14th so I really have nothing to compare it to. This is the longest work week since..............................the Elevation tour:laugh:

Hawkmoon04 said:

is the longest work week since..............................the Elevation tour:laugh:

I know! It's only Tuesday, and I'm already ready to go. I think they played last Saturday safe because it was their first east coast show, and they were coming off of the crazy setlist of the last night in Chicago. I hope they'll bring a lot of energy down from MSG and put on an amazing show.

If they do no other different song from last Saturday, I'm praying they do Bad!

looking at an earlier post in this thread- The Crowne Plaza is excellent! has a Elephant & Castle pub there.

Also, i would not reccomend the holiday in at the stadium since it is not really near anything other than the stadiums- a downtown hotel is better, it is easy to get to with the subway which PLENTY of people ride.

Did anyone get in really cheaply last Saturday? My friend Lars went down without a ticket- scalpers were asking face for lower level- finally at 7:45 he got a second level back of stage from a fan for $10 (the fan wanted $20 but Lars is a good business man)

Anyway this Sunday, we (Lars, Shelly, Dave from Dayton, Chris Christopher) will all be at the McGillan's pub in Center City from 4pm to around 7 and then we will take the subway down to the show. Dave will have on a "7" Edge shirt and a 1972 Stones hat.

Since I have GA, I'll be going in around 7:20 or so to guarantee my spot in the ellipse.

Back
Top Bottom