May 21, Madison Square Garden in NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha the rich people are still working or the poor are working overtime to be able to afford the ticket prices!

I will be in the GA line! And no I didn't pay thousands of dollar, I just found someone to trade with... a real miracle. I'll be by myself however, and it will be my birthday so I hope to find some cool fans to hang out with...

I don't have tickets, but should be living there around that time. So would love to see everyone anyway. :(

I stopped by MSG the week the sales started, and the guy told me to show up by 3pm to get the GA tickets. But people are going to show up much earlier than that.

I want to wait in the GA line, but I don't want to wait all day and end up maybe not getting any tickets at all. But I don't want to pass this up and wait until the fall tour.

I'll be in NY :wave:
I have a horrible seat, one seat behind the stage, and its basically the last row of the arena :lol:
but i said what the hell, to see the boys in MSG is a dream come true. I'll try for better ones in the fall. If there is some kind of gathering, Ill be there.

RademR said:
I'll be in NY :wave:
I have a horrible seat, one seat behind the stage, and its basically the last row of the arena :lol:
but i said what the hell, to see the boys in MSG is a dream come true. I'll try for better ones in the fall. If there is some kind of gathering, Ill be there.

Haha, me too--crappy seat, but what the heck.

New York Night Before MSG Gathering f/ The Unforgettable Fire

uf-tonycraig.jpg

Come one, come all...

Friday May 20th, the night before U2 plays it's only Madison Square Garden show on this leg, The Unforgettable Fire will be playing at Flannery's on 14th & 7th in Manhattan.

Perfect setting for those already in town and those comming from out of town to get themselves ready for the show.

Got GA tickets to the Garden? Head out to the UF friday night, drink it up till closing, and head on over to MSG to line up for the GA line at 5 in the morning. It's just a short subway / taxi ride away. In fact, it's only a 20 block walk. And make sure to give any extra tickets to me 'cause I still don't have any :wink::sad:

Hopefully all our Interference people comming from out of town, out of state, out of country, can make it down to see the best U2 tribute band in the New York metro area.

flannerysmsg.jpg

Ooh, good, now I have something to do that fri. night and I'll be sure to bring any of my Toronto friends who were as lucky as me in scoring tix.

Good location too since I'm staying on 7th and 23rd - halfway btwn the pub and MSG!!

And I promise not to heckle the singer :wink:

Hmmm, on 2nd thought, should I be scared of him??

I can say, having seen UF about 20+ times, you will not be scared....you might get scared at the uncanny resemblance and vocal ability of "bono"

ladywithspinninghead said:
Good location too since I'm staying on 7th and 23rd - halfway btwn the pub and MSG!!

Where is that? Is it any good? Expensive?

:wink:

*still looking for a place to stay in NYC*

I might be there too. :D

Numb1075 said:
I can say, having seen UF about 20+ times, you will not be scared....you might get scared at the uncanny resemblance and vocal ability of "bono"

hahaha, nooo, it`s more of an inside joke actually. We had a bit of a falling out the night of U2`s Brooklyn show. He seemed like a pretty decent guy though (who had one too many beers?).

Popmartijn - I`m actually staying at a hostel in NYC. It`s waaaay too expensive to get a hotel there (well, for someone who`s tight with her money like me!) and I like to be in the centre of things in Midtown which is why I don`t stay with my friends who live in Brooklyn. What kind of accommodation are you after? If you`re interested I'll give you the details!

Last edited:
Popmartijn - I`m actually staying at a hostel in NYC. It`s waaaay too expensive to get a hotel there (well, for someone who`s tight with her money like me!) and I like to be in the centre of things in Midtown which is why I don`t stay with my friends who live in Brooklyn. What kind of accommodation are you after? If you`re interested I'll give you the details!

I think I'll PM you in the next couple of days.

*never been to NYC before*

Headache in a Suitcase said:
lol i wouldn't call it a falling out... i'd call it someone having too much wine, and someone trying to ruin the person who had too much wine's fun :lmao:

it's a moment that will live in infamy, that's for sure.

HA! Not a falling-out? Then I guess you didn`t hear me almost yelling in the Virgin store "Why don`t you ask him to talk?" and "He`s a fraud folks!!". I never thought of myself as a heckler until that night. Funny thing is if it happened again, I would do it all again.

I`m principled like that. :wink:

Just imagine all those people now who think they've met Bono!!!

But looking back, it`s all pretty funny now!

Last edited:
Popmartijn said:

I think I'll PM you in the next couple of days.

*never been to NYC before*

Sounds good!

And by the way, from past experience, if you stay in Midtown Manhattan for anything less than $200.00, you can expect lots of cockroaches in your room! :eek:

And if you've never been to NYC before, take it from someone who`s completely unbiaised (I`m Canadian), it truly is as the Pope says " The capital of the world". It`s the best!!

Last edited:
Tony had too much vino? No !!

I'm gonna try to go to this show. problem is that the show starts and ends late (which I wouldn't have minded years ago) but now with the little numb1075 in the house, my days tend to start early and end early:reject:

HA! Not a falling-out? Then I guess you didn`t hear me almost yelling in the Virgin store "Why don`t you ask him to talk?" and "He`s a fraud folks!!". I never thought of myself as a heckler until that night. Funny thing is if it happened again, I would do it all again.

I`m principled like that. :wink:

Just imagine all those people now who think they've met Bono!!!

But looking back, it`s all pretty funny now!

my only comment is just imagine all those people getting pissed off when they realize it wasn't bono... thus why i was trying to tell you to quell the comments and tried to get him out of the store and into a cab... which is what happened and thankfully without any ron artest like moments. that's all.

I doubt a riot would have broken out. New Yorkers or not. :wink:

Anyhow, you trying to keep me from saying anything wasn't what bothered me - it was him pretending to be Bono in the first place. (but thanks for clarifying why you were trying to keep me quiet - I get it now)

But it's all water under the bridge now. :yes:

And I have no idea who Ron Artest is :shrug:

Last edited:
Nice! I'll probably go, since I'll be in NYC for three nights by myself... (plus it's my birthday on the 21st...) I might as well try to meet some fellow U2 fans. Is there a cover charge, and do we need to buy tix in advance, or can we just show up at the door?

cover i believe is 10 bucks but i'm usualy there way before they start charing the cover so i might be wrong

expect the place to be absolutely packed... they don't go on till 11, but i'd suggest getting there by 8ish.

no tickets ahead of time just show up and pay the cover.

i should be there by happy hour... yes... i am planning a happy hour 2 months in advance. that might be a sign of a problem :shrug:

Hello there, I will be coming into NYC for the first time from Los Angeles. I haven't scored a ticket yet for the show but I will be there from May 18th to 25th. If anyone has an extra ticket or knows of anyone, can you please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom