May 18, Continental Airlines in East Rutherford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm all over it !! 5/18 can't get here soon enough.

I'd love to meet up w/ you folks. The only problem with the Meadowlands is that there is nowhere to go like MSG where their are bars etc.

But, I would definitely meet up w/ fellow interferencers.

I have no tickets but I live 10 minutes away.:|

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'll be at both NJ shows :up:

cool; I keep meaning to meet you at on of the unforgetable fire shows.

:wave: I'm there!!

I have GAs for the 18th does anyone have lower level seats they'd be willing to trade?

As 5/18 gets closer, perhaps we can arrange a meet up spot like an hour before the show....if it's nice out, maybe the parking lot, if cold/rainy, perhaps inside at a designated beer vendor or whatever......

Well, I know what Headache looks like, he's got his mug plastered all over Lemonade stand Photos section:wink:

but I'm curious to put faces to screen names at the show !!

I'm going with a relative and if he hears, "oh, Numb, pleasure to meet you, or Numb, stop groping me", he'll be a bit confused:huh:

:eek:

it'll be the first time I say the phrase "hi, I'm jofo".:|

I think I'm gonna introduce myself to you guys as Jick just to mess with you.

Just make sure to bash Pop a lot.

Jick did post pics of himself in Lemonade stand so I have a good idea of what he looks like.

lauren430, that's wonderful. only about 6 more weeks to go !!

As the date gets closer, we should settle on some place to meet up prior to the show.

So how far away is the venue from Newark Airport? And NYC? I am going to be going back and forth between these places, and actually, I don't even know where my hotel is yet.

Is there good public transportation?

The thought of paying for cabs the whole time is scary :|

I don't live in NJ, so my answers are best guesses.

Newark to the venue - 15-20 minute cab ride - perhaps Jofo can confirm

also a cab ride is probably your best bet.

NYC to the venue is probably 45 minutes.

where are you flying in from?

the meadowlands are only about ten minutes out of nyc, once you get to the lincoln tunnel.... and yeah about 15-20 from newark airport...

You can take a NJ transit bus from Port Authority that gets there in 15 minutes-- that's what I plan on using. They should have a "special events" shuttle that day that takes you there starting at 6 or so and then brings you back to NY directly after the show, very convenient.

Kinda wish I were driving there though... can't really bring a beach chair to the GA line when you don't have a car to store it in.

Back
Top Bottom