May 14th, Wachovia Center in Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl91289 said:
So seated people- where are your seats? I'm in section 224, row 7- will that have a good view?

Yeah you should be good to go. The lower half of the second level is fine. Rows 8-15 at the Wachovia Center really start to get up into nosebleed status.

i got section 207A, direct view in front of the stage.

Forgot which row, it's one of the first ones though I believe.

I will be driving in at about 3pm from DC. Hopefully that won't be too late to get a decent GA place. I'm not set on being in the first row or even in the oval necessarily, I just want to be able to see the boys and get my face rocked off!

I'll see you guys in line. :)

I'm leaving today after school so this is officially my last post before I see my first U2 concert- actually my first concert ever!!!

Weather.com is now saying that tomorrow will be 81 with a low of 65, mostly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain, so you GA'ers shouldn't have it too bad.

I can't wait until tomorrow and I hope that everyone has an AMAZING time!!!

I'm leaving for NY this afternoon, and driving down tommorow. So If I don't see anyone, have a good time :up:

Now all we need is a miracle for them to repeat the exact same setlist that they played in Chicago yesterday night... :hyper:

im leaving NJ at 5 today .... leaving my house in philly around 730am tommorow morning to be at the WC around 8am .... i can't believe tommorow is the show!!!! i hope you interfercers know how to kill 12 hours of sitting around in the GA line :wink:

Weather is supposed to hold up till around 9pm! (according to weather.com)

Mostly cloudy and 81.

I was worried the GA line might be a little wet and rainy.

ill be in section 109 tomorrow! U2, philly and 2 dollar pints of yuengling...cant beat it!

Have just called the Wach again - this time the woman answering the phone knew that there would be two GA lines, and said "they will be distributing wristbands at 6" - when pressed, she said "for the GA line"

Basically, the lot opens at 12 for parking and security will know everything. I feel so much better not having GAs this time around.

Everyone - best of luck! I'm getting there at 4:30 to hang out before the show - if you see a red prizm with a bunch of people nearby, stop and say "Hi Phyllis!"

p.s. - the Wach's number - 215-336-3600

Love their level of unpreparedness!

i am sooo excited ... im packing up to drive to philly (got my u2 books for the GA line, my albums to hopefully get signed when the boys arrive, and of course my tickets) .... not to forget my "People Get Ready C - Am - F sign" for the show

I have SEC 113 Row 4 tickets- has anyone ever sat in this section before? Is the view going to be good? What is a good time to arrive ?

the forecast has changed- now the high is going to be 77 with a 40% chance of strong scattered storms. Have fun GA people. So this morning, we turn on the TV to MTV and what do you supposed is on?Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own! Today is going to rock!!!

njelevation06 said:
i am sooo excited ... im packing up to drive to philly (got my u2 books for the GA line, my albums to hopefully get signed when the boys arrive, and of course my tickets) .... not to forget my "People Get Ready C - Am - F sign" for the show

haha...just in case they forget how to play it!

Also***...what is everyone bringing to the GA lines, chairs? something to read? guitar? i guess you can have one person take everything back to the car before you enter right? and i have read the lot isnt opening until 12 so where will the GA people park at 10? sorry for my crazy questioning...im quite excited!

Last edited:
Hi Philly IIers! I'll be in the GA line this Sunday 5/22 :hyper: (Had to see Bruce in my hometown 5/14. :wink: )

Can anyone who GAed on 5/14 let us 5/22ers how it went? Was it decently organized? Portapotties? Food places? How early did folks line up?

Did ya'll get rained on? ;)

Thanks for any info!

Peace,
SD

Sherry Darling said:
Hi Philly IIers! I'll be in the GA line this Sunday 5/22 :hyper: (Had to see Bruce in my hometown 5/14. :wink: )

Can anyone who GAed on 5/14 let us 5/22ers how it went? Was it decently organized? Portapotties? Food places? How early did folks line up?

Did ya'll get rained on? ;)

Thanks for any info!

Peace,
SD

was organized by fans who had a sign in book, assigning numbers to people as they arrived (i was #91, got there at 8:30am). the wachovia security respected the fans wishes, and even ended up inforcing the line numbers later in the day when people tried to skip the line... i'm talking to you, mr. red shirt, bald head, bitching about his wife and trying to say your number washed off your hand :madspit:...

they've got portashitters... which were fine in the morning but had rediculous lines by 4ish. the parking lot is open all day.. enter through the broad street gate... $10 for parking.

no rain until after the show... my sunburned arms and neck coulda done with a few drops durring the day :angry:

food is a problem if you don't bring your own... the sports complex is kinda in the middle of nowhere... only thing around are truck and boat yards. there is one resturant/bar in the general vicinity, however... mcfaddens, which is located inside Citizen's Bank Park (the phillies baseball stadium), but is accesable from the outside. you can get take out from there and bring it back to the line. tis what i did... i recomend the chicken fingers. :up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

was organized by fans who had a sign in book, assigning numbers to people as they arrived (i was #91, got there at 8:30am). the wachovia security respected the fans wishes, and even ended up inforcing the line numbers later in the day when people tried to skip the line... i'm talking to you, mr. red shirt, bald head, bitching about his wife and trying to say your number washed off your hand :madspit:...

f

Oh yes. I know exactly who your talking talking about. He ended up in front of me and my sister in line. We were perturbed to say the least.

briarrose said:

Oh yes. I know exactly who your talking talking about. He ended up in front of me and my sister in line. We were perturbed to say the least.

he started a few spots back of me in line when they made everyone stand up, right before they split the lines... how he got there in the first place, i do not know, 'cause he sure as hell wasn't there all day.

then before i know it he was talking to the people behind me, wearing those home made vertigo shirts... then all of a sudden he started talking to me about the mets, 'cause of my hat and all... then before i know it he was in front of me talking to those people... eventually when they checked numbers they sent him back, but he still was only send about 10-15 feet back. first his story was "i'm with them," then it was "i'm with him (me)" and then it was "i never got a number" and then "i've been here since 5am my number washed off." blah blah blah. there was also a mother and her daughter... looked about 18-19 or so... they snuck into the front of the line and refused to leave until eventually security took 'em to the back... they still ended up just a few feet behind me in the crowd. :shrug:

People are so inconsiderate. 3 people cut in front of us. The guy behind us told the couple to go to the back of the line. I'm not sure if they did, but that guy was cool. I think his name was Mitch. The other guy who cut in front of us was an old man. He said, "You probably noticed I cut in front of you but I'm 82 years old and have been here all day and they wouldn't give me a number. I'm a WWII veteran and I wanted to see the baseball game but there wasn't one today so that's why I'm here." It was so ridiculous. I didn't feel like arguing. When the lady went to scan his ticket, it wouldn't go through, but they let him in anyway. I was just relieved he didn't get into the ellipse.

Back
Top Bottom