May 10th, United Center in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hluvslmj

The Fly
Chicago 5/9?

I heard people plan to meet @ The Hard Rock Cafe preshow??? I have GA so may be camping out - anyone else? :crazy:

Working on it . . . hard to tell when I'll get back in town, so I'm holding off till I know for sure if I can make it.

Depends what time I get outta class. And how bad traffic is. It can turn a 3 hour drive into a 4 1/2. Unless I spring for that Skyway crap. ;)

Hmm, my sister picked up 2 Lower Levels . . . I think I can work this out . . . Yep, I'm in :) That will make (at least) 3 shows for the month.:yes:

may 10, bono's birthday

hey y'all. unfortunately i don't have tickets *yet* for the may 10th show, but i do have tickets for the may 9th show (nosebleed :down: ). i'm planning on still being in chicago and hanging out at the arena, etc. on may 10th anyway and hoping for the best.

i was just wondering if there would be anything special like gatherings and such that we're going to try to do for bono's birthday?

ABEL, I will be in Chicago that week (flying in from Austin from 5th-13th May) and will be at the 9th May show too!

I think it would be a GREAT idea to get U2 people together for a Bono Birthday Gathering in Chi-town.:wink:

Email me back and let's discuss this. With the help of a couple of avid U2 people in the Chicago area, I think we might have something here.

And, who knows, maybe we could convince the B-man to attend.:up:

my email: ultravioletlove_14@yahoo.com

In a strange twist, I now have tickets for the 9th (104, row2), 10th (GAs!!!), and May 12th (sec 120!!).

Then on to Boston . . .:yes:

Back to the Hard Rock Cafe event - where can I find out more details on this?

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU'RE DREAMING. IT'S WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Jamila said:
ABEL, I will be in Chicago that week (flying in from Austin from 5th-13th May) and will be at the 9th May show too!

I think it would be a GREAT idea to get U2 people together for a Bono Birthday Gathering in Chi-town.:wink:

Email me back and let's discuss this. With the help of a couple of avid U2 people in the Chicago area, I think we might have something here.

And, who knows, maybe we could convince the B-man to attend.:up:

Definitely, we could have an after-show party. :D

i could make a card and we can get as many people to sign it as possible. i would like to make a really really big one, but i can only make it about as big as my suitcase since i'll most likely be flying.

i was thinking of making the cover out of this black plastic corrugated stuff we use at work that's really sturdy, and making it look like the vertigo stuff with black and red artwork. i can put some extra pages between it to have room for lots of signatures!

:hyper:

Oh crap...I just checked my email and I cannot believe this but I have a ticket for May 10th for the Chicago show. The only problem is I'd be going myself and it's up in the nosebleed section. *sigh* wtf

ABEL said:
i could make a card and we can get as many people to sign it as possible. i would like to make a really really big one, but i can only make it about as big as my suitcase since i'll most likely be flying.

i was thinking of making the cover out of this black plastic corrugated stuff we use at work that's really sturdy, and making it look like the vertigo stuff with black and red artwork. i can put some extra pages between it to have room for lots of signatures!

That would be seriously awesome... we could all sign it in the GA line and give it to him during the show.

knox said:

That would be seriously awesome... we could all sign it in the GA line and give it to him during the show.

either during the show or when they come in and sign autographs before the show! :happy:

anyone have one extra GA for may 10? :laugh:
i still have no ticket for may 10th but i'm prepared to stand outside the arena all day and make bono a card for a concert i'm not even going to! how messed up is that? :lol: :reject:

ABEL, you have a GREAT idea going with the b-day card for Bono.

I'm willing to help you out in any way possible to make this idea a reality.:yes:

I just sent you a PM about it - let's ALL work together to make Bono's b-day TRULY MEMORABLE with or without GA tix!:wink:

I'm also willing to splash out on ONE GA TIX for 10 May.

Hope I can find one. :angel:

knox said:
During the show would be much cooler, IMO, but then again, I have a ticket. ;)

:madspit: :wink:

i have confidence that i will get a ticket, somehow, even if it's the day of the show :up:

edit: it might be a little harder to give it to him during the show :shrug:

Last edited:
Hey everyone :wave:

U2-Midwest is planning an all-ages gathering in Chicago, which is tentatively scheduled for May 8th at a downtown location. All of the details are being worked out now.

Some of you may have attended, or heard of, our gathering in October of 2001 to celebrate the third leg of the Elevation Tour.

It'll sure be an event to remember. :hyper:

Refer to our site for more details. (Check the link in my sig.) I'll be posting them here once it's finalized as well.

Thanks!

~J

Hey Jamila - I'm really looking forward to reading about what happened at Bonos' birthday concert! And good luck to you all with getting the card to him. Dying to hear the stories starting from 2 months time! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Edgette said:
Hey everyone :wave:

U2-Midwest is planning an all-ages gathering in Chicago, which is tentatively scheduled for May 8th at a downtown location. All of the details are being worked out now.

Some of you may have attended, or heard of, our gathering in October of 2001 to celebrate the third leg of the Elevation Tour.

It'll sure be an event to remember. :hyper:

Refer to our site for more details. (Check the link in my sig.) I'll be posting them here once it's finalized as well.

Thanks!

~J
I remember the last one at the Hard Rock Cafe. It was fun, but unfortunately I ate a medium rare burger that was basically raw and it made me sick most of the next day in the GA line. I spent the whole day running to the bathroom at Malcolm X College. Fortunately, I felt much better by the time the concert started.

So far I have no tix for any Chicago shows (I'm a WI resident living/working in FL for the season).:(

i went to bono's birthday show for elevation, it was a lot of fun

while waiting in the GA line a few people had cards for people to sign, as well as some signs, people were handing out birthday hats for people to wear and party favors and all kinds of stuff, it was great

some people also brought a bag of some confetti type stuff, bono grabbed it during the show and shook it open so the confetti went flying through the air

so there is definitely some fun to be had, im envious of you guys, it will be a great time

thats me in the yellow hat :wink:

chizip.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Edgette, for your post.

Iwas hoping to find the link again to U2 Midwest.

Definitely will check out the fansite and will help you all however I can in promulgating any Bono b-day plans y'all have!

I can't wait to come home to be with my favorite group of musicians. :yes:

Hmmm I haven't heard anything about the Hard Rock again...but there are posts about something downtown the 8th...however I may already be in the GA line for the 9th

Just to let everyone know, a bunch of us with GA are going to be hanging out in line overnight, starting Sunday night. I know it's not the greatest neighborhood, but we figure with a bunch of us, who really cares? As far as what time we'll get in line, we're not totally sure... we've got plenty of time to figure that out. We just want to make sure we get nice and close to the front. So we'll probably wait to hear what the line lengths are like from the people in Cali first.

I'm coming! I'm way up in the nosebleeds, but at least I got something. It's funny, cause my friend bought the tickets for me as I was at a conference Saturday morning. So when she called she was like, "They added some shows, so I got tickets for one of those. but it's like a Tuesday." So, later on, I was sitting in a luncheon presentation and it occured to me, "Hey, May 9th is a Monday, so the Tuesday show would be May 10th. Holy crap, it's Bono's birthday!!!!!!!:

U2Girl1978 said:
Oh crap...I just checked my email and I cannot believe this but I have a ticket for May 10th for the Chicago show. The only problem is I'd be going myself and it's up in the nosebleed section. *sigh* wtf
Where is your seat?

Back
Top Bottom