May 10th, United Center in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol...I'm sure more people will be interested in hanging out. But that is a good "landmark" to meet up.

I think Ally wants to meet up, I can bring a towel for her :wink:

I think ETS is having a U2 preconcert party at the Hard rock Cafe on may 10th.
However, I am not sure if it is a private event or not.

I am working on finding out the details.:huh:

RademR said:
lol...I'm sure more people will be interested in hanging out. But that is a good "landmark" to meet up.

I think Ally wants to meet up, I can bring a towel for her :wink:

hey, thanks! i'm gonna need that towel.. :wink:

yeah, i want to meet up in chicago- i think others will as well... U2girl1978 said something about it...

also, fyi, i think BP Fallon might be doing his "death disco" thing after the show at the Excaliber nightclub. never heard of it- anyone know anything about it?

here's BP's website:
http://www.bpfallon.com/

it's not clear whether he's going to be only doing a pre-concert ETS party or whether he'll actually be DJing after the show....

im always so drained after the GA experience, i dont know if ill be able to dance the night away at a nightclub

Chizip said:
im always so drained after the GA experience, i dont know if ill be able to dance the night away at a nightclub

hmm, good point. maybe then just someplace chill, near the venue or where people are staying... i'm flexible! :)

Excalibur is a somewhat famous nightclub in Chicago, very popular with tourists.

As a Chicagoan, honestly, it is o.k. nothing special. The first floor and basement have some mellow places to hang out and talk while another part of the first floor and upstairs have a night club. It isn't your true Chicago experience, they are there to make money off people who come into town or from the suburbs. One good thing, drinks are reasonably priced (at least much cheaper than places for people in the know).

anyone know about Chicago premium outlet in aurora?
is it safe area,and how to get there the easiest way?thx for help...
hope to see you all in chicago for GA line

*Ally* said:

hmm, good point. maybe then just someplace chill, near the venue or where people are staying... i'm flexible! :)

that sounds better to me. i'm with chizip on being drained after the concerts. plus i'll have to head out to the airport the next morning and get up in time to check out, etc.

*still hoping to find a ticket for the 10th* :laugh:

ABEL said:

that sounds better to me. i'm with chizip on being drained after the concerts. plus i'll have to head out to the airport the next morning and get up in time to check out, etc.

*still hoping to find a ticket for the 10th* :laugh:

Yea...that's what I was thinking...you know...I'm thinking about chilling at a allnight diner or bar...just chilling and talking about the concert....that's what I'm thinking about doing in my little get together.

I'm still interested.

dju said:
anyone know about Chicago premium outlet in aurora?
is it safe area,and how to get there the easiest way?thx for help...
hope to see you all in chicago for GA line

I've never been there, but my friends and family love it. You can take the train to Aurora from downtown Chicago and then a taxi over. The outlet area is safe although all of Aurora isn't. If you are renting a car, you could drive there (about 45 min. without traffic).

thx for that info,I really appreciate it...
which else the places i have to go for shop,etc.and which area i don't have to go
need some advice about chicago for anything,thx again

Hey everyone, I'm visiting from the May 9th thread. Someone had the bright idea of creating a cell phone contact list, and I've volunteered to coordinate said list. If you'd like to participate, check out the "Going to Chicago? Cell phone contact list - join here!" thread in this forum.

Hope everyone has a great time, and I'm looking forward to meeting people!

dju said:
thx for that info,I really appreciate it...
which else the places i have to go for shop,etc.and which area i don't have to go
need some advice about chicago for anything,thx again

to shop definitely go to water tower place.....anywhere on michigan ave...marshall field's on state st........and the gold coast district.......if you go to the suburbs Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg and the Oakbrook mall in Oakbrook are great.

hey everyone!

i'd like to meet up on the 10th- just have to check w/ the friends i'm going with... will post as soon as i talk to them tomorrow (after my exams are over).

:)

*Ally* said:
hey everyone!

i'd like to meet up on the 10th- just have to check w/ the friends i'm going with... will post as soon as i talk to them tomorrow (after my exams are over).

:)

Good luck with your exams!

I would be interested...if you wish to contact me further...email me at either Trent24685582240@aol.com.......lp0900@yahoo.com.....or....U2LizzieLij21@hotmail.com.

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

So is there anything going on after the show on the 10th? I think I'm arriving by train on the day of the show...

:hyper:

most likely. The cell phone list is being gathered, and we can move on from there I guess. :wink:

Be gentle... first Post ever. :)

Hello All.

I have been a fan for years, going to multiple Popmart, Elevation, and now Vertigo tours.

Anyways, just found you guys here, and I love it, although my sleep patterns have suffered. LOL:wink:

Anyways, my brother-in-law from California, and I - from North suburbs of Chicago - will be joining you in GA for the birthday bash. :)

Have you guys been tracking the United Center GA policy postings? Something about not lining up till 12? Anyways, just wondering what the concensus was by us attending specifically on the 10th.

On a side note, if anyone is planning on shopping - Watertower and Michigan Ave will have lots of options, but the pricing will most likely suck. Heading out into the suburbs, if you go to Woodfield in Shaumburg - the prices will be a little better because you are in a normal mall - but to everyone who has been there you know that it still isn't a "normal" mall. LOL. It is huge, guaranteed to have every store you want, but will probably make you more tired hiting every store than after waiting in line all day and catching a show. ;) ANother bonus of going to Woodfield, is that just across the stress is a Nordstroms rack - basically really expensive brands for cheaper prices. There is also an IKEA across the street. This is fun to go to if you have never been. I always spend forever there and come out with something I never would have guessed I would buy when going in.

For the cheapere shopping in my opinion I would go to one of the less trendy malls. Hawthorn, Strattford, etc... IMHO.

Anyways, not wanting to discourage you, just wanted to give you a local guy's opinion.

Now - back to the important stuff. In the United Center GA thread it says no getting out of line. We have to go to the Hard Rock on Tue anytime after 4 to pick up 1 of our tickets from the ETS tour NiteOut party. Is anyone else doing this?

Hope this isn't too long, just didn't want to leave anything lacking in my first post. LOL

Hope to meet some of you soon,

In the name of love,

James

are 5/10 peeps meeting up after the show then?

Will we meet near the Jordan statue and then decide where, whats the deal?

Paul

Back
Top Bottom