May 10th, United Center in Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wwhoooooo!!! Ticketmaster just released more tickets for Bono's birthday, and I got some. Sec. 333, im kind of up there but I'm row 2 (side of the stage).

I paid $95 for them but F it, chance to see u2 on bonovox's birthday = pricelesssss

God, I just got on the Internet and tried for tix to this event and I couldn't get anything!

I've been trying since they first went on sale to get tix to this show with absolutely no luck.

If anyone DOESN'T want their tix for this show, please email me at ultravioletlove_14@yahoo.com.

I'm really disappointed in the way this whole ticket sale has proceeded - I've lost out every time.

I actually have tickets for the 9th (hope noone throws me out of this thread!) but just popped over to see if there is any more information about the Hard Rock gathering on the 8th? Thanks!

-kyra

Just saw the Bruce Springsteen is going to be at the Rosemont (sp) on May 11. Oh the happiness if i could get tickets to that as well:drool:

I'm gonna on GA for Bono's birthday..!!!!!!!
I'm new in here,just wanna ask..how dangerous is UC area and Chicago?(it's my first trip to chicago)
please let me know thx

dju

You do have to be careful around the UC in Chicago. It isn't the safest neighborhood. However, at least it will be light out until around 7:45pm in early May.
Staying around the UC and on the main roads (Madison Ave.) is best.
The farther east you go from the UC the better the neighborhood becomes.
you have to be most careful west of Damen Ave (just west of the UC) and immeditely north and south of the UC.

The neighborhood has recently went through a gentrification process, however, just use common sense and stay in well-lit areas and you'll be fine. All parking lost are well lit and have security. After the concert, a number of the security staff have went off duty so just be aware of this.

thx for the info ayearwome..
i will staying around Michigan avenue is it safe area?
where's the best place to shopping..:))
If i have GA,what is the best time to go to UC..and by cab/bus?
also after the concert..if I take cab it gonna be around how much from UC to Michigan avenue..thx in advance

Michigane Ave..NICE!!!(One of the nicest and safest parts of Chicago) What hotel.......Michigan Ave is full of great shopping.....From the River up to 1000N. The street is riddled with shops of all kinds from elegant to casual (neiman marcus...prada..etc. to old navy and gap).
Water Tower Place is on Michigan Ave as well (It is an 8 floor shopping mall).
I also recommend State St. (between Adams and Randolph St.) The humongous Marshall Field's is here. It is just a few blocks west of Michigan Ave.

A Cab from Michigan Ave. without traffic (~$7-10), with Traffic (~$8-13).
As for GA's, it depends what you want. I don't think the UC lineup policy has been announced yet. The ellipse drawing is random so anytime is fine, however, if you don't get ellipse and want to be close to catwalk, you'll want to get there at a early time.

thx again for the info..i booked at congress plaza(before i read some bad comments in this forum..:(..)
is it real bad that hotel..?and also i will arrived at chicago from 7 afternoon..is it easy from o hare airport to michigan ave...?
any recommend places to go or visit on saturday and sunday?(will be in hard rock cafe on 8th i guess)..
don't go out by walk,until what time?(even in michigan ave..?)
thx ..so many question to ask...a lil bit worry...:))

From O'Hare to Michigan Avenue it is about 20 miles. From Midway to Michigan Avenue it's about 17 miles... Supposedly the shuttle bus that you take to the hotel is charging $21. Don't quote me on this...

That price sounds about right, and is cheaper than a cab.
You have the option of taking a train from either airport into the downtown area for $1.50, then cabbing it. I only suggest this if you are familiar with where you are going though.

bono's birthday and birthday card

hi y'all...i'm not sure what happened to my other thread about bono's birthday, but i bought the stuff to make bono's birthday card today.

i've decided on 12 x 12 for the size. i figured that would be an easier size to travel with.

if anyone would like to contribute a birthday message to bono you can either send me a PM here or email me at lizartlizard @ gmail.com. i will try my bestest to give the card to bono at the shows that i'm at on may 9th or 10th :hyper:

due to time constraints, i will need all messages preferrably by may 1st so that i have time to put the finishing touches on the card.

I am definitely going out afterwards with my two friends that are going to the show. However, not sure where yet. We talked about Narcisse, but it is a lounge atmosphere and necessarily conducive to celebrating U2.

Although it is the type of place I could see Bono walking into on his birthday. :wink:

RademR said:
always interested in a meet up.

Are you interested in a meet up with me? I'm interested

Jules: Are you still thinking? I'm still interested. Sorry to bug you like this.

If anyone else is inerested in a get together with me....let me know (like I said in my last post: Either Trent24685582240@aol.com, lp0900@yahoo.com or U2LizzieLij21@hotmail.com)....I need to know by May 7th or May 8th at the latest...May 9th if you really want to push it.

we should all get together so i can have my first blue crack dealer convention.

Count me in, U2MaNaIcWeIdO.

i'd love to meet up after the show on the 10th! but, i have to warn everyone that i'll probably be kinda sweaty from dancing... so maybe we could meet someplace that doesn't have a strict door policy?? :wink:

anyway, please keep me posted on any plans! :up:

flew up to Chicago on Friday morning and spent the whole weekend there, what a town!!!

Too much to do, can't wait to hang out with some of you in a couple weeks. :up:

dju said:
i need to know more about chicago...is it true that chicago the cheapest states in US for shop?

HI
Well, Chicago prices are o.k, they aren't cheap by any means. Prices are generally cheaper than NY, Boston, San Francisco and LA. I think you can find some bargains. There sure are too many stores and restaurants.....good luck shopping!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom