Detroit Rock City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These people are complete and total crackheads...

:scream:

Only in freaking Detroit...

They just need to let us line up and we'll take care of the rest... :crack:

Re: Idea

miomiele1 said:
Who says we have to line up on there property.....didn't someone say there is nothing out there.........can we line up across the street, down the road......

....yeah...but there's nothing there. Just major highways and industrial wasteland....

I'm ready to trade in my GAs for seats....

http://www.livejournal.com/community/u2/1555611.html?thread=12268187#t12268187

At the Palace you can park right next to the GA line, so I say just get a really nice cosy sleeping bag and get there either overnight or at dawn. It sounds like a really long time to wait but at the Elevation GA line in Detroit I met a lot of really cool people and everyone was very friendly, so I think you'll be fine.

http://groups.google.com/groups?ie=UTF-8&q=detroit+GA+line

Mostly Springsteen references from 2002.

The Palace had no idea what they were doing. The security were more like the Keystone cops, and the higher ups were clueless.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec....n+hills+GA+line&rnum=1&hl=en#87c263811f1a40e9

April and I might just have to head to the palace after Martinis on thursday after all... :angry:

HappyFatBono, do you know the person you got that info from? I've been trying for months to find someone that either camped or got there really early for Elevation and haven't been able to find anyone.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
HappyFatBono, do you know the person you got that info from? I've been trying for months to find someone that either camped or got there really early for Elevation and haven't been able to find anyone.

No - it came up from a google search.

The problem is that Elevation was pre-fucking morons fighting at the Piston's game... So whatever applied back then, is probably not so applicable now...

:rant:

Well, could be worse... Vegas is saying they wont allow anyone to line up until 4:00 pm

:lmao:

Well...I'm still just thrilled to be going to a show on this tour. It would be NICE to have a decent spot, but I'll still be happy no matter what. :hyper:

Last edited:
:scream: I sold my seats for this GA crap!!!!!!!!! :mad: No one in guest relations has answered my email. I'm going to email them again to let them know what a huge mess they are creating for themselves and ticketholders if they wait for a 2:00 stampede. :mad: I can't believe this crap. :mad: :( :sad:

Wait a minute

Come on gang, we still have 4 days that this could all change, maybe this is just bullshit to tide us over.......they've done this before so they could be playing us.

I hate play the parent role, but it does make sense if there is a concert the night before that they don't want camping out, but that 2:00 line up time doesn't seem right............

Oh blah blah blah.......this is the old woman patting everyone on the head saying, "it will be just fine, what will be will be"..........

Sorry, it's hard to stop being a parent when you've been one as long as I have..........:silent:

Oh, I didnt say I was giving up on anything :wink:

I am still camping whether they like it or not :angry:

wow. I styep away for 10 hours and this thread doubles in size.... as far as all the worries, let's not think too much about them until we are there. It all depends on how nice the security is, what might have been built in this "wasteland since Elevation, if there is a new place to park.... etc. etc... we will work it out once we are there. That's why I'm going early (to get the negotiations rollin')

So....I got an e-mail back from Chris in Guest Relations....

I am composing a response that will politely remind him that an ANY OTHER VENUE IN THE WORLD, he could expect 200-300 people in line by 2pm.

:|

:drool: I got the EXACT same email from Chris...typo and all. I told them that they just sent the same email out to someone else and to READ what I wrote. I asked them to compromise on the time instead of just saying 2:00 period. I'm not asking for much. I just want a place to park and a number on my hand that says I can come and go as I please. Plus get there well before 2PM. I also mentioned that maybe they could call around to other venues in the country to ask what their U2 GA policy was and they will see that there will be no problems. I also asked if there was anyone else higher up than guest relations that we can talk to :crazy:

arw9797 said:

:drool: I got the EXACT same email from Chris...typo and all. I told them that they just sent the same email out to someone else and to READ what I wrote. I asked them to compromise on the time instead of just saying 2:00 period. I'm not asking for much. I just want a place to park and a number on my hand that says I can come and go as I please. Plus get there well before 2PM. I also mentioned that maybe they could call around to other venues in the country to ask what their U2 GA policy was and they will see that there will be no problems. I also asked if there was anyone else higher up than guest relations that we can talk to :crazy:

Good. I haven't responded yet. I am going to respond and try to be nice, b/c he did write back w/in 24 hrs of my message, and for all we know, he wasn't even around the last time U2 toured. I want to get the message across that their policy is simply NOT going to work for U2 fans as it stands, but I don't want to come across like I'm telling him how to do his job either. :huh:

we don't want them to hate us, we them to understand us. They will have to eventually...

Well, no, I'd of course would much rather want them to work with us, but we're like dogs with bones...

What is funny though is that I was looking at this:

http://www.u2tours.com/venues/chicago.pdf

And we all know that in practice 2/3 of those things didnt apply. I am sure clear channel will warn them as to just how crazy we are... not that they need someone to point it out at this stage... :lol:

Re: Question?

miomiele1 said:
Gabrielvox...................

Do you have a brother that's single that's as nice as you are??? No not for me (I love my redneck hubby) I wanna hook my daughter up....I need an extra nice guy around the house....do you need a mom? Can I adopt you? I'm a super grandma......

(he's thinking....."this woman is totally off her rocker, I need to steer as clear of her as possible...difenately did too much acid in the 70's):laugh:

LOL

nah I do the matchmaking thing all the time...been doing it since I was 13 and I hooked my moms up on a great guy ;)

I *do* have a brother...actually 2, but they're 20-somethings...does that count?

Good. I haven't responded yet. I am going to respond and try to be nice, b/c he did write back w/in 24 hrs of my message, and for all we know, he wasn't even around the last time U2 toured. I want to get the message across that their policy is simply NOT going to work for U2 fans as it stands, but I don't want to come across like I'm telling him how to do his job either. :huh:

I was nice but they'll still probably think I'm :coocoo:

I can't think about this anymore :scream: I just want my one and only GA experience to be hassle free and I want a spot on the rail so I can see Edge freak out on his guitar during Electric Co once in my life. That's all I want. :sad:

Reminds me... I needed to pull out a pair of gloves :happy:

We all need to be checked :crazy:

I bought one of those Peruvian hats (with the tassle on the top and ear flaps) from the kid's outdoor sport section at Target the other day. Time to add the winter lining to the shell of my jacket.

This reminds me of the first time I met Bono....we'd slept out on the cement, in December....it was 22 degrees....I was wearing a hoodie and my brother's ski jacket and had the hoods of both on my head. I had to take off 2 pairs of mittens to shake Bono's hand. He shook my hand and was about to let go when he looked at what I was wearing and said "lookit you!" in kind of a joking way and then took my hand in both his hands and said something about how cold I was. Oh man, that was awesome! Having your hands warmed by Bono! Totally worth sleeping out on the cement and then three days of fever, hehe!

:lol:
I love that story! :cute:

And like I said, I think we all need to be checked... But really, life is too short to be sensible all the time, so screw it! :D

Bring.it.ON!

:hyper:

Haha...I haven't told that story in a while. I still remember how excited I was. I called to tell my mom I really had touched Bono, but it was a Sunday morning and everyone was still at church except my grandma who can't barely walk anymore so she stays home to get the coffee and brunch ready, so I was yelling into the cell phone, trying to explain who Bono was and what had happened and I was sorry for ditching my fam over Thanksgiving weekend for this, hehe. My poor gran!

I just want a picture and/or a hug is all, just one....and I promise I'll never go near the man again....that's all I've ever wanted...but, I have to remind myself "no expectations, Liesy, or else we just get disappointed in the end."

Haha...I haven't told that story in a while.

Well, you're talking to a PLEBAN with good memory... Not that I mind reading those things over and over :happy: I know how much it means :yes:

And the "no expectations" thing is RIGHT on... We'll see what Detroit brings... :happy:

:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom