Detroit Rock City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will do

miomiele1 said:
I will definately stop by...lets see.....you'll be the one in the very front of the line no doubt?

Nah... Romi will be number 1 :wink:

And I'd love to have the temperament to just stroll in at 1:00 PM the day of the show, I really, really would. But I don't.

And now, for some more good news!!!

Sun
Oct 23 Few Showers
57°/45° 30%
57°F

Mon
Oct 24 Showers
54°/44° 30%
54°F

Oct 25 Showers
55°/43° 60%
55°F

:happy:

Still time for the forecast to change... :sigh:

Parking Lot Policy:
The parking lot opens at 4:30 PM for most evening shows
Guests are allowed to tailgate/picnic before events

So if we start the tailgating since Sunday evening, we are not breaking any rules are we? :sexywink:

I just found this thread. :mad:

I've been to the Palace several times in the last year for events/games, and you guys are right. There's nothing out there, and the security is pretty tight.

But I'm sure we'll figure it out. :wink:

See you folks for the pre-show bash!

weather

I have access to the national weather bureau thru work (I manage a corporate hangar and hot air ballooning business). I'll get a more exact weather forcast and post it Friday. I can pin point exact location and time.....much more reliable then say...channel 7

Re: Re: Will do

Miroslava said:

Nah... Romi will be number 1 :wink:

And I'd love to have the temperament to just stroll in at 1:00 PM the day of the show, I really, really would. But I don't.

And now, for some more good news!!!

Sun
Oct 23 Few Showers
57°/45° 30%
57°F

Mon
Oct 24 Showers
54°/44° 30%
54°F

Oct 25 Showers
55°/43° 60%
55°F

:happy:

Still time for the forecast to change... :sigh:

:banghead:

At least I'll have a poncho. I am not walking into the arena like a drowned rat this time!

If only

If it means being "right there" at the stage, I can most definately understand it and if I was tough and young enough to brave the overnite party, I'd be there....I'm imagining it, and seeing my daughter calling 911 sometime during the night to revive my wrinkled butt......:ohmy:

stammer476 said:
I just found this thread. :mad:

I've been to the Palace several times in the last year for events/games, and you guys are right. There's nothing out there, and the security is pretty tight.

But I'm sure we'll figure it out. :wink:

See you folks for the pre-show bash!

Done GA recently? Anything we haven't covered? Do spill! :hyper:

And Miomiele, more accurate weather would be GREATLY appreciated! :D

Guess I have to look for a poncho... I thin there's a very discrete yellow one at my parents house :happy:

Miroslava said:
Done GA recently? Anything we haven't covered? Do spill! :hyper:

No, the closest thing was when I was going to a Piston's game and my Dad misread the tix and we got there 3 hours early. The McDonalds was the closest thing we could find, and it's not a good walking distance. If memory serves me, a mile or more away. There's just nothing there. (A product of Detroit's economic downfall, but I won't get into that :wink: )

That's why I'm not getting there until the early AM.

Re: If only

miomiele1 said:
If it means being "right there" at the stage, I can most definately understand it and if I was tough and young enough to brave the overnite party, I'd be there....I'm imagining it, and seeing my daughter calling 911 sometime during the night to revive my wrinkled butt......:ohmy:

It can definitely wear you out, regardless of age. At Chicago on 5/7 I almost fainted, and I had drank water and eaten throughout the day, but between the self inflicted stress, the heat and the weed smoke :angry: I got veeeeeery nauseous during Bad :sad: I got the cold sweats and everything. And if you've seen me, you know that I am a solid looking mofo and not someone you would think would be prone to that... Thankfully, no problems since.

So basically, it means nothing if you get the rail spot only to pass out half way through the show :hug:

I have a better idea....

Wear a camoflauge poncho....protection from the rain and you'll blend in better....less likely to attract security attention.....(yea, I am an incurable smarta- -)

:wink: "Doin the weather dance.......reports at noon & 9:00 PM the 22nd---noon the 23rd then....I'll be on my way.....

(am I gonna survive this GA thing?)

Re: I have a better idea....

miomiele1 said:
(am I gonna survive this GA thing?)

Yes... all the pains and aches go away the second Wake Up Starts!

They come back once you're about half way through the parking lot though :hug:

stammer476 said:

That's why I'm not getting there until the early AM.

I'm starting to think that's gonna be the best route to go. Options for getting there the night before aren't sounding good.

Bonochick said:
I'm starting to think that's gonna be the best route to go. Options for getting there the night before aren't sounding good.

Exactly. And for that, I'm willing to sacrifice 50 places in line.

Re: If only

miomiele1 said:

This is where I don't get it....I've done the all day GA lineup, trust me..

And then at MSG I literally ate dinner till 6pm across the street, walked, and was four people or less back, it was a great time. Im semi tall so being behind four people is nothing, its still basically front row..

I guess if you want to be dead front row, yes you should line up early..

We'll likely pull in about 11am or noon....hopefully things will be figured out by then :)

G

Re: Re: If only

Miroslava said:

It can definitely wear you out, regardless of age. At Chicago on 5/7 I almost fainted, and I had drank water and eaten throughout the day, but between the self inflicted stress, the heat and the weed smoke :angry: I got veeeeeery nauseous during Bad :sad: I got the cold sweats and everything. And if you've seen me, you know that I am a solid looking mofo and not someone you would think would be prone to that... Thankfully, no problems since.

So basically, it means nothing if you get the rail spot only to pass out half way through the show :hug:

It's sounds as if you've more than earned your meetings with Bono, but it doesn't sound fun...then again, I have given birth so how bad can it be?????:scream:

Honestly, the difference in spots between those that camp and those that show up early in the morning is so minimal it's RIDICULOUS! And the sad thing is that I am FULLY aware of it an still feel the compulsive need to camp :crack: This after I claimed in Chicago that camping was goofy...

:help:

:wink:

Re: Re: Re: If only

miomiele1 said:

It's sounds as if you've more than earned your meetings with Bono, but it doesn't sound fun...then again, I have given birth so how bad can it be?????:scream:

Eh, some of it is that, some of it is just some ridiculous amount of good karma I had apparently saved up for a rainy day... :wink:

And you'll be fine :yes: :hug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I think after a while it becomes automatic. Like a cult type thing, of sorts. :whistle: :shifty:

:shh:

First Rule of the Cult, you don't talk about the cult...

:shifty:

dedication

Miroslava said:
Honestly, the difference in spots between those that camp and those that show up early in the morning is so minimal it's RIDICULOUS! And the sad thing is that I am FULLY aware of it an still feel the compulsive need to camp :crack: This after I claimed in Chicago that camping was goofy...

:help:

Hey, it's about dedication....in my younger days I did the same things for tickets to Peter Frampton, Bob Seger, Kiss......when U2 broke out, I had 1 kid and another on the way...life got away from me and although I was and still am dedicated to them...I put those babies first......it was worth it....

So hold your head high, you had a rough go in Chicago, but believe me, every second of this will be priceless when your my age and you look back..

(jumping off the soap box now :rolleyes:)

A tall Bono look alike?

:tsk:

And Miomiele, you will have such a blast! We got us a first timer people! :hyper:

Whooooooo Hoooooo!

Miroslava said:
A tall Bono look alike?

:tsk:

And Miomiele, you will have such a blast! We got us a first timer people! :hyper:

Awwww Thanks Miroslava.....hanging out with all of you has calmed the ole anixiousness right down....(of course Xanax helps too :crazy:

Re: Re: Re: Re: If only

gabrielvox said:

You gave birth at a U2 show?????

Holy shit!!!

(sorry couldnt resist hehe)

Too freaking funny.....man the mental pic that gave me.....guess that'd be one extreme way to meet the band.....

But seriously, you'd think my 3 year old grandaughter was born at a U2 concert.....She loves 'em...ask her who plays what instrument and she'll name 'em.....her favorite song...Vertigo....she's even mad that she's not going with us.....(yes I influenced her in every way possible!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: If only

gabrielvox said:

and just for that Miroslava you owe me 3 hugs, not just one!

Fine :flirt: Besides, you owed me one for fixing your Jamaican flag threads :lol:

And 5'10" over here :hyper:

Heh

thats like my 10 yo son - he does perfect 'air' versions of Vertigo, All Because of You and Sometimes...complete with guitar nuances and everything..lol...

and because his hearing is better than mine, when we're in shopping malls and stores he's the first to pick up U2 on the overhead speakers...people always stare cause he's like 'Dad! U2 is playing!'

He was SO in awe of Edge when I took him to see U2 in Toronto...plus Bono signed his ONE shirt, he was so thrilled..

Oops sorry...you got me going on kids...could talk about them endlessly :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom