Detroit Rock City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm...we're gonna have fun.

Has the Palace said anything about what we are allowed to do? Have we contacted them at all?

Will U2 play "A Man and a Woman", their Motown song?

All these and more answered...in just over a week! YEAH!

:hyper:

:combust:

:drool:

My poor wee lil heart may not be able to take all this excitement!

I leave for Pittsburgh one week from today. Do that show Saturday, come back Sunday. Monday, Tuesday Detroit!

Miroslava said:

:combust:

:drool:

My poor wee lil heart may not be able to take all this excitement!

I leave for Pittsburgh one week from today. Do that show Saturday, come back Sunday. Monday, Tuesday Detroit!

we have the same tour schedule next week :sexywink: minus the 2nd Detroit show....

OK, so I was at work today, not working actually, but I go there to eat lunch between classes and use my work computer. I have a co-worker friend Jason who does the same thing at the same time, so we eat/chat together before our classes. He was asking me about U2 shows and the whole idea of camping out for GA and I said "well, since you like camping so much and you kind of like U2, why aren't you coming?" and he said, "well, I was kinda wondering this myself." Then I explained that the second show was on our reading recess, so he wouldn't have to miss classes. He seemed interested and I said, "except, do you really want to be in line all night and all day with a bunch of crazy girls and be the only guy?" and he's like, "uhh.....yeah!". So, if we can find him a GA at/near face value (a long shot, I know), we might have at least one guy with us, hehe. Although, I'm not so sure he's going to want to associate with me after witnessing this....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
He seemed interested and I said, "except, do you really want to be in line all night and all day with a bunch of crazy girls and be the only guy?" and he's like, "uhh.....yeah!". So, if we can find him a GA at/near face value (a long shot, I know), we might have at least one guy with us, hehe....

ummm...... maybe I should have made this more clear, since I have not mentioned it since page three of this thread....

... f anybody wants to share a room, that would be great too. I am 24, male, ...

romi said:

ummm...... maybe I should have made this more clear, since I have not mentioned it since page three of this thread....

:lol: Yeah definitely didn't read page three! I bet Jason will be happy to have at least one other guy along. Now I just have to find him a ticket...

ETA: I got the cell # of my friend Renee for you

Last edited by a moderator:
romi has been my nickname since the sixth grade -- way before that Romy and Michelle movie. It was derived by my friends from the common rap name of "Homy G," which we all thought was funny since I didn't like rap.

But you can call me Roman if you like:wink:

arw9797 said:

we have the same tour schedule next week :sexywink: minus the 2nd Detroit show....

Well, if I dont recognize you, come and say hi! :sexywink:

Oh, and are you camping in Pittsburgh? :hyper:

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

ETA: I got the cell # of my friend Renee for you - 616-281-2494

thanks. if I don't hear from you by Monday Sunday night, I will give you a call. Can I ask how you pronounce your name?

Hello people - I'm so glad I found this thread! This is my first time camping out for GA, and I don't know anything about the Palace policies. I know they'll have the gates up - are you going to line up outside by the freeway??

I was planning to get there somewhere in the middle of the night for the show on the 24th - Is this a good time? (I'm willing to get there much earlier, so long as I'm as close as humanly possible.) Anything anyone could tell me about their experience with the Palace during Elevation would be extraordinarily helpful!

And I'll see you there. :)

Eh... No one seems to know anything, so I think we're all just playing it by ear :(

See you there! :D

What I'm most concerned about are the waivers. Mayhaps us girls can charm them into letting us sign when we're waiting to go in, rather than have a huge clusterf*** as we're going in/scanning, running to our spots on the floor. I also hope they lead us to the floor a bit better than they did for Springsteen 3 years ago.

A week from tomorrow, peeps! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I can be pretty persuasive... and by persuasive I mean I can annoy people into doing things, not so much charming them into it... :D

I guess for Springsteen 3 years ago people were made to sign liability release waivers before being let in to the floor... not sure if it was a palace of auburn hills thing, or what, but it would suck...

Sent an email to the Palace... Why don't the rest of you do the same? :hyper:

Maybe we can annoy them into releasing info.
http://www.palacenet.com/contactus.cfm?category=9&pageid=79

Here's what I asked...
I was wondering if the General Admission policy for the upcoming U2 shows has been released? I am particularly interested to know what gate the lne up will ocurr in. Additionally, I have been informed that the Palace sometimes requests that guests sign liability release waivers prior to allowing admittance to the show... Is this correct? If so, is there a way to distribute the waivers and have people complete them ahead of time and have them ready to turn in at the same time tickets are scanned?

Any assistance you can provide us with would be greatly appreciated...

I sent a similar e-mail earlier in the week still waiting for a reply. If I don't here by Monday I will stop by the Palce and ask them on Monday. I'll post any information I can gather.

Chuckver said:
I sent a similar e-mail earlier in the week still waiting for a reply. If I don't here by Monday I will stop by the Palce and ask them on Monday. I'll post any information I can gather.

pleeeeeeease do! If you have time for this, that would be awesome! We're all kind of wondering what the policy is, b/c they never respond to e-mail (my friends have sent them months ago) and we have no clue where we will be able to use a bathroom or if they'll even allow us on the property.

katums said:

I was planning to get there somewhere in the middle of the night for the show on the 24th - Is this a good time? (I'm willing to get there much earlier, so long as I'm as close as humanly possible.) Anything anyone could tell me about their experience with the Palace during Elevation would be extraordinarily helpful!

That should be plenty early to get a good spot, but if the weather's not bad and you can, I suggest just camping out/sleeping in a car (depending on what the policy ends up being). You get a lot more rest if you get in line before midnight b/c then you don't have to wake up and get ready in the middle of the night/early morning. I've done both and I MUCH preferred just camping out and being there longer b/c we got a more complete rest.

Hmmm, ok - I've sent them an email too, and I'm going to try to call them sometime this week. (I'll tell you what I find out!)

What time are you guys getting there? I'd feel a lot better if I knew other people were going to be there already... I don't want to get there too early!

I have no idea what time I'll be there. I'll be driving back from Pittsburgh that day, so I suppose I'll be there by 10:30 at the latest...

:hmm:

I hope chuckver gets a chance to talk to someone at the palace today...

Hwo hard is it to do a 1 page Word Document with your policies and email it to us? :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom