Detroit Rock City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't checked this thread in a while....who's all camping for the 25th? Does anyone have hotel rooms booked and/or access to a toilet and a shower? My friend and I are trying to decide whether to get a room for showering (and in case it snows three feet).

I am willing to share my room for showering and brief naps. It's only the Motel 6, but it's the closest hotel and it is cheap. So far, only I and Bonochick, but we will take anyone else who is interested. The room is reserved from the 22nd through the 26th at like 4 a.m.

rg_3@juno.com

:lol: April

And I am camping for both nights along with neutral, provided she books her plane ticket :angry:

I am all set with a room too, but I am filled up to capacity for showering purposes but of course the rest room would be available...

I'm so excited!!! :hyper:

romi said:
I am willing to share my room for showering and brief naps. It's only the Motel 6, but it's the closest hotel and it is cheap. So far, only I and Bonochick, but we will take anyone else who is interested. The room is reserved from the 22nd through the 26th at like 4 a.m.

rg_3@juno.com

Romi, my friend and I would probably be willing to pay (well, I definitely am!) if we can each bum a shower on the 25th (sometime before the show).

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Romi, my friend and I would probably be willing to pay (well, I definitely am!) if we can each bum a shower on the 25th (sometime before the show).

all right:) you are obviously welcome. you hagve my e-mail, and my phone number is 530-263-5382. You just tell me how you would like to meet up

Sweet! :bow: :hug: My friend and I are meeting sometime soon to go over details (she's new to the GA thing) so I'll double check w/ her and see if she likes this plan. We were going to get our own room, but if we got a room for the 24th/25th, we'd probably have a morning check out on the 25th and would have to shower right away. I think we'd rather just split the cost with other fans at this point, especially since we'd probably be booking at the same hotel anyway.

I'll e-mail you when I know for sure, but for now, count us in for showering on the 25th.

Sweet! :bow: :hug: My friend and I are meeting sometime soon to go over details (she's new to the GA thing) so I'll double check w/ her and see if she likes this plan. We were going to get our own room, but if we got a room for the 24th/25th, we'd probably have a morning check out on the 25th and would have to shower right away. I think we'd rather just split the cost with other fans at this point, especially since we'd probably be booking at the same hotel anyway.

I'll e-mail you when I know for sure, but for now, count us in for showering on the 25th.

can I have your names and an e-mail address? A cell phone number that you will be using when you are there would be great too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious...once you're already parked at the Palace, how do you even go about driving off the premises for a bit? Don't you have to pay for parking each time you return? :der:

*not familiar with the Palace at all* :reject:

Bonochick said:
Just curious...once you're already parked at the Palace, how do you even go about driving off the premises for a bit? Don't you have to pay for parking each time you return? :der:

*not familiar with the Palace at all* :reject:

The Million Dollar Question

:shrug:

The Million Dollar Question

:shrug:

I believe that for Springsteen three years ago they didn't even let us park in the lot until the afternoon, and the bar/restaurant across the street let us all park there until they opened for the night.

What we really need to work on is this waiver thing, though. Maybe someone can call and confirm the GA line procedure/waiver thing beforehand? I think Blue Room told someone they had people sign waivers as soon as they got into the arena and before they did wristbands. :yikes: I had to fill out one for Bruce, too, and it wasn't a short form, as I recall. :mad:

my idea was to park on a side street on the days before the concerts, and then leaving the car at the hotel before the shows. I think i will have a friend who will ferry me around.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I believe that for Springsteen three years ago they didn't even let us park in the lot until the afternoon, and the bar/restaurant across the street let us all park there until they opened for the night.

Does that mean that you folks who go to both shows but aren't going home in between will have to move your car from Palace parking after the show gets out on the 24th, or are you gonna be able to leave it there if you're already there?

Or do you not know, and my questions are just giving you one more thing to think about? :laugh:

I was thinking that I was going to park across the street at the post...

Romi, there are no side streets to speak of at the Palace... none. Nothing...

There is one little road. Only two lanes

We're a little screwed... :wink:

Miroslava said:
I was thinking that I was going to park across the street at the post...

Romi, there are no side streets to speak of at the Palace... none. Nothing...

There is one little road. Only two lanes

We're a little screwed... :wink:

huh, that is a problem... Is the Palace lot surrounded by a fence, or is it possible to sneak in and park until asked to leave?

Actually, we may be a lot screwed :wink:

The lots do have fences and entrances barriers with some chains that could probably be very easily broken if you had the proper vehicle, but I'd much rather not go to jail...

So I think what we're going to be doing is parking across the 6 lane road that has no pedestrian crossing :happy:

Seriously, if anyone knows anything about how the Detroit GA line experience was during Elevation speak now... :scream:

OK. these are access points into the parking lot/nearby parking lots:
1. Championship Drive, off Highway 24.
2. Isiah Thomas Drive, off Highway 24.
3. from an access road between Highway 24 and I-75.
4. Driveway from Harmon Road (I think this is the main entrance)
5. via a corridor of smaller parking lots off Harmon Road, west of the main? entrance....

Q: does anyone know what the smaller parking lots, to the left of the palace, are?

I've never been to the Palace myself, but all accounts I've heard say there is nothing there but parking lot, highways, and industrial properties.

Right now, parking and being able to leave/come back for showering is my greatest concern. I can handle spending a night in the freezing cold (hell, the first time I met Bono, us girls slept on cement without a tent/shelter in December and it was 22 degrees!). I'm also kinda worried about the bathroom situation. I can hold it for 12+ hours....but it kinda depends on the time of the month...if you get my drift :huh:

I guess at least we can all say "we're all in it together"!

HELP!

Okay, I think I'm catching on here after reading all your posts....but would anyone mind helping an "old" U2 fan out? I'll be at the concert on the 24th with my 22 year old daughter (sneaky way of letting you know how old without actual relavation). She bought GA's for my birthday.....what is the routine for GA's? How early should be get there? Seeing U2 live is on my "Life List", so I want to make this good! From what I'm reading here, I should wear my winter hunting garb and plan for a looooooooong wait?

Thanx!

Last edited:
It really depends on how close you want to be to the stage...

We're all camping (and by all, I mean the few of us that have posted here) so that tells you how early we feel we need to be there. However, not everyone is as psychotic as we are. If you arrive by 9:00 am, I would venture to guess you'll be within the first 100 people in line which pretty much means you'll be in the first 2 rows outside the ellipse. From my experience, there isn;t a lot of people arriving between 10:00 am to about 1:00 pm. So if you're not going to arrive first thing in the morning, you might as well wait until noon-ish to arrive.

Alternatively, you can just show up as the doors open (6:00 pmish) and pray that you win the lottery or go hang out by the soundboard...

And that is the quick guide to GA ...

Can't thank you enough! I think you'll find me in line with the rest of you. I've waited 25 years to see U2 live....I'll do what it takes even if it kills me!

Hope ya don't mind an old lady hanging out with ya.

Pen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom