Detroit Rock City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe so, and if they are, it probably won't be Auburn Hills...

Oh, and what I meant by saying "We'll see what Detroit brings" I meant for you, Beth, April and everyone else :hug:

I am undecided as to whether I even want to go wait... I didnt go for Chicago 9/21 'cause I got to talk to Bono and Edge the day before... well, with Edge it was more like

:edge: Hi

Miroslava :sick:

:edge:

Miroslava: "Have a good show" :sick:

But the total pig in me wants

1) Ask Bono to sign the picture on my AV

2) Meet Adam :shifty:

*oink*

Oh, Miroslava, I'd never think less of you for wanting to go back for more! The only time it bothers me is people who are already standing there by the dock have their turn to get a pic or whatever, and then just stand there and gawk and don't move the fuck over and let someone else have a chance, or they have like 10 things they want signed.:mad: (but I've never seen PLEBAns or other people I know act like that)

ETA: on 9/21 you didn't miss a thing. People waited for over 5 hrs and it was 93 degrees with the sun on that side of the building. None of the band stopped. People kept cutting (that one lady whose daughter Jenna was on stage w/ Bono on 5/9....she was the worst line cutter ever!!!). The only redeeming part was Beth's hubby Karl. He was like the "peanut gallery" and had this little "line cutter" song/chant going that was *just* loud enough for the line cutters to hear. It was hilarious.

Last edited:
Karl! :lol:

I didn't get to talk to him much, but I love that 'cause it is something I would do... :lol:

Actually, I have been known to yell "what are ya, stupid?" (Toronto) and "What? were you raised by wolves?" at the people that scarily rushed Bono's car...

Total knee jerk reaction...:reject:

You'll love this move then:

Having Bono / Edge sign something for you....then ducking out of the row, running down the row and re-inserting yourself only to push past someone else (like, unassuming-and-not-celebrity-hungry-just-there-to-say-hi-me) to get a SECOND autograph or picture?

Welcome to Toronto.

:lol:

(if you doubt me, ask why I've met Bono and Edge a few times this tour and have yet to have a single picture or autograph?)

There's morons everywhere... trying to restrict them to any particular geographic area is futile...

:tsk:

I just saw the stun gun comment :lmao:

Seriously, the Bono charm must come with the glasses or something :drool:

:sexywink:

Re: Re: Question?

gabrielvox said:

LOL

nah I do the matchmaking thing all the time...been doing it since I was 13 and I hooked my moms up on a great guy ;)

I *do* have a brother...actually 2, but they're 20-somethings...does that count?

Oh yes, twenty something is good! My daughter is 22. Oh she would just kill me if she knew I was even joking about this. No matter how hard we try I just can't convince my kids I'm only looking out for their best interest (and a really great addition to our family)!!! :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
As for that "no expectations" thing, that's what I kept telling myself the night I got the stick! So, if you go into it preparing to be dissapointed, you won't be! :wink:

Of all the ridiculously fortuitous experiences I have been lucky enough to receive, not ONCE did I have ANY sort of hint (and certainly no expectation) they were about to happen... Hopes and dreams? Sure, but that's different. And even then, the hopes were waaaaaaay less spectacular than what actually happened... :lol: I guess I'm what you call a realist...

So lets go in knowing that we will NOT be dissapointed about the show and with fangirly hopes and dreams... :happy:

Ok, this band turns me into a freaking cheeseball :sick:

:D

amazed

I am just loving all these stories. It's like reading U2 history you'll never see in a book. You know, like privileged info.

At my age I suppose I should be more practical and realistic, but I would love to go home with a picture of myself with Bono to show my granddaughter.

I know it's not likely to happen, but I also know to never give up hope. As far as dissapointment is concerned.....being in the same room with U2, no matter how large, or how many other bodies are there as well.....well, that's enough for me.

Naaaaah!

Miroslava said:

Of all the ridiculously fortuitous experiences I have been lucky enough to receive, not ONCE did I have ANY sort of hint (and certainly no expectation) they were about to happen... Hopes and dreams? Sure, but that's different. And even then, the hopes were waaaaaaay less spectacular than what actually happened... :lol: I guess I'm what you call a realist...

So lets go in knowing that we will NOT be dissapointed about the show and with fangirly hopes and dreams... :happy:

Ok, this band turns me into a freaking cheeseball :sick:

:D

Nothing cheeseball about you. Realist= I really really want to meet Bono, I really really want to get on stage, I really really want to be in the first row so Bono's sweat lands on me, I really really wanted to be Mrs. Bono, back in the 80's, and I'm really really a wacked old lady whose never going to officially grow up!

It's good to be a realist! :happy:

I remember saying I was going to be in the same room with U2 when I was 14... My wonderful mom pointed out the fact the the Pontiac Silverdome was, in fact, NOT a "room", lol.

I never would have dreamed then that I would have gone on to have seen 9 more shows, had a stick handed to me personally by my first ever real crush, been so close to Bono I touched his jacket, and gotten some of the cutest smiles from Adam and Edge. I would have thought the 27 year old me was nuts! :wink:

I just want to enjoy the remaining shows and whatever happens, happens. :happy:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I remember saying I was going to be in the same room with U2 when I was 14... My wonderful mom pointed out the fact the the Pontiac Silverdome was, in fact, NOT a "room", lol.

When I was 15, my parents were taking me to my first U2 concert, and my mom kept going, "Can you believe you're going to be in the same building as Bono???" :lol:

:tsk: School... who needs that?

Speaking of parents... mine are coming to the 1st Detroit show... Thankfully their seats are high enough that they will hopefully not get to witness Miroslava in full on concert mode :yikes:

And my mom and I were watching the Conan thing last night, and when his date of birth came on, my mom turned around and goes...

"So you're telling me he's only 3 years older than your mother?" :eyebrow:

I think she knew in the back of her head, but then again, she hadn't seen me :drool: RIGHTINFRONTOFHIM before :lol:

I missed it again!

I missed the Conan thing again! Dammit..........

It's official, I'm old enough to be everyone's mother....but this mother is gonna be on the floor with the rest of you. The way I see it that makes me really cool.......or really stupid!:confused:

You didn't miss it, I had tivo-ed it for her 'cause she was out of town... :hug:

And it makes you really cool to be in GA :hyper:

I am not bringing my mom on GA cause she has a lot of back problems and it just wouldn't work out for her. Plus, she's not super-tall so I just know neither of us would have enjoyed the show 'cause she'd be in pain and I'd be worrying about her the entire time...

:(

Re: amazed

miomiele1 said:

I know it's not likely to happen, but I also know to never give up hope. As far as dissapointment is concerned.....being in the same room with U2, no matter how large, or how many other bodies are there as well.....well, that's enough for me.

Au contraire, mon amie....stick around with us and you've got a VERY good chance of something special happening to you...you just have to move when we say move....it happens very quickly..

and if not, well you can always settle for a pic with 'tall bono' :lol: :lmao:

:reject:
\
EDITED TO ADD: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkk :scream: :banghead: :hyper: :combust:

Last edited:
Uh Oh!

How sweet that you you are taking good care of mom. But I'm in trouble! I'm all of 5'3" have back trouble (two surgeries) but I've never let it stop me from anything (including taking care of horses and riding). I guess the worst that can happen is I'll end up in bed for a few weeks. It's worth it!

I'm betting your mom is pretty damn cool too!

I wanna see the the Conan thing!!!!:sad:

Re: Re: amazed

gabrielvox said:

Make that a tall skinny Bono! :lol:

:hug:

You need to work on the belly and them tree trunk looking thighs :drool:

[/pleba]

Re: Re: amazed

gabrielvox said:

Au contraire, mon amie....stick around with us and you've got a VERY good chance of something special happening to you...you just have to move when we say move....it happens very quickly..

Whoo Hoo, yea baby! Hanging with the youngun's and pics with Tall Bono....Talk about a veritable Menopausal hormone fest.......you are just too good to me. I'll be laughin' crying and doing the happy dance all at the same time! "Middle age Multi tasking:drool: :laugh: :dance: :coocoo: I quote from Monty Python, the Holy Grail.........."I'm not dead yet"!

Re: Re: Re: amazed

miomiele1 said:

I'll be laughin' crying and doing the happy dance all at the same time!

Not unheard of at a U2 show, so no worries.. :)

I did the same thing in Dublin 1... I was feeling like a goof, til I turned around and saw the 4 Spanish guys behind me were doing the same thing

:lmao:

I see we've moved on from discussing the GA line on Sunday night/Monday morning :(

Of course I haven't gotten a response back from my 2nd emial to Guest Relations that I sent yesterday. But I'm sure they think I'm a crazy lady now so I don't really expect a response :sad:

:scream: :scream: :scream: This is going to drive me insane until Sunday night now. :mad:

Re: Re: Uh Oh!

gabrielvox said:

I have the original show and the two U2 Secrets skits that have surfaced since then...could bring it on DVD if you like...if you can wait till Tuesday ;)

I'm not sure I'm worthy! Will you be at Monday's show? I won't be at Tuesday's show. Hubby said there is a limit to how much he'll allow me to drool over another man.

Have I told you that I think you are an absolute sweetheart?:bono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom