Dec. 19, Rose Garden in Portland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carek1230 said:
My sister lives in Portland, she says it is so cold, and they are having snow flurries. Everything's freezing!:ohmy:

Yikes! Thanks all for the weather update. Guess I need to invest in real cold weather gear if I'm ever going to make it through the GA experience.

My mom emailed me this morning telling me of the snow. It didnt even register to me that I would be sitting in it not too long from now :lol:
At least theres plenty of overhangs around the rose garden where we can go for a break if its snowing or raining. (rain being more likely)
When is everybody planning on lining up?

I plan on getting a number around 5 p.m., and then taking my only break to go to the atU2 party, and getting back in line by 9 p.m.

romi said:
I plan on getting a number around 5 p.m., and then taking my only break to go to the atU2 party, and getting back in line by 9 p.m.

Nutjob :tsk:

I MAY camp if the weather is not hellacious. It wont be decided until the day before.

freak :tsk:

:wink:

Last edited:
Just bumping this up. Did anyone post this elsewhere?

I am only up to 30 printed signs, but still plenty of time left to continue the stealth operation here in the office.

There's a thread in the main tour section that has quite a few people denouncing these types of campaigns as stupid so are we really going to let them be right? :tsk:

Didn't think so

saying a fan action is stupid is just like saying that U2 playing streets is stupid. Just because it happens frequently doesn't mean it's boring.

romi said:
saying a fan action is stupid is just like saying that U2 playing streets is stupid. Just because it happens frequently doesn't mean it's boring.

Romi! :love:

Miroslava said:
Just bumping this up. Did anyone post this elsewhere?

I am only up to 30 printed signs, but still plenty of time left to continue the stealth operation here in the office.

There's a thread in the main tour section that has quite a few people denouncing these types of campaigns as stupid so are we really going to let them be right? :tsk:

Didn't think so

Re the other thread, whatever (although I do think the "hi bob" thing in Milan was a bit strange -- not sure I'd want a huge group of people saying hi to my dead father in the middle of a show but at least it was heartfelt)!

I plan on making copies to bring (you're just doing b/w photocopies, right?).

Yeah, the Hi Bob thing was definitely a little on the crazy side. Ok, a lot :reject:

And yes, black and white photocopies work!

Yay! :hyper:

kellyahern said:

party poopers :grumpy:

You go with your signs, it sounds cool! :up:

Well the comments came from the usual grumps so I am not too worried :wink:

I agree with you ladies, harumphhhh to all those party poopers and for their negative comments. We'll do what we want to do and it will be well appreciated!

30.gif

Miroslava said:
I MAY camp if the weather is not hellacious. It wont be decided until the day before.

freak :tsk:

:wink:

Actually, someone posted some info on U2.com in regards to the GA lineup policy. It said that there will be no lineups before 6:30 A.M., and that security will actually be patrolling the area to make sure there are no campers. :|

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:

Actually, someone posted some info on U2.com in regards to the GA lineup policy. It said that there will be no lineups before 6:30 A.M., and that security will actually be patrolling the area to make sure there are no campers. :|

:shrug:

Worst case scenario, the hotel is nearby :D

Only place I have actually seen enforce a rule like that had to be The Palace of Auburn Hills (Michigan)

Buttmunches :angry:

Romi swears by the friendliness of the Rose Garden security stuff though. :sexywink:

Shit, I wouldn't even be there that early if it were the middle of summer. That's sleeping time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom