Dec. 19, Rose Garden in Portland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carek1230 said:
OMG you are right! And I sat watching the Chicago DVD tonite!

Then you'll know what the back of my head looks like . . . it was featured quite prominently. That cameraman over my shoulder wouldn't go away :(

I'm staying at the Red Lion, I think. Driving down Sunday, going home Tuesday morning. Am hoping and hoping my Vegas/New York show buddy will be able to make it up to Portland as well.

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:

We signed up for that too :)

Is the thing at The Crystal Ballroom no longer happening? :huh:

I'm looking forward to meeting fellow Interferencers and want to be sure I show up at the right place. :hyper:

How does one "sign up"?

Thanks!

Hiya Folks...

Just a heads-up regarding the atu2.com party that we (Zoo Station) are playing at...

There's a poll up at their site where you can vote on which rarely/never played U2 songs will be included in our set. Vote for one of the following songs...

Touch
The Three Sunrises
Acrobat
Mofo
I Fall Down
Mercy
Dirty Day
Indian Summer Sky

...and the top three songs will be included in out set. Here's a link to the page: http://atu2.com/events/05/birthday/

Enjoy!

-Skott100 aka Barely Larry of Zoo Station
www.zoostation-online.com

Thanks Barely Larry for the info. but it looks like the party if full. :sad:

When I went to Evite to RSVP, I got this "Sorry, that many guests will exceed the maximum number of attendees."

Anybody got room for me and my brother-in-law with their reservation?

I can't speak for the organizers (we're just the entertainment) but I think the evite was to find out how much birthday cake to order and to just gauge general interest. I don't think replying to the evite = guaranteed admission so if you show up who knows? Might be worth a try. Anyway, here's what it says on the Evite:

COST: $10 entry (Food/Beverages not included. If you need dinner, you can order from Kells' menu. @U2 will provide the birthday cake for dessert!)

We're doing Evite to make sure we have enough cake for everyone.

I would show up at the door the night of. Hoping this is unlike the pre Vertigo opening show in San Diego (In my opinion that event was VERY unorganized) I am going and going to have a good time. You could also go to the ATU2 website and email some of the folks there to ask about getting your name on the list or to find out what is going on. I am glad that they aren't selling tickets in advance this time....and I am willing to be that people who said they would go might have last minute changes so there's a good chance for you to get in. I like that they are having people pay at the door....and yes, it IS for a good cause....I just hope it doesn't take all night for them to collect money from people at the door! :wink:

You are quite welcome. I know some folks who have been trying to book hotel rooms, so if you are going to Portland and need a room but haven't yet booked....good luck! My friends just got a deal with the Red Lion and it's a Max stop and a couple blocks from the Rose Garden.

I've been booked at the Sheraton Four Points for a couple of months now. I'm getting a two-for-one out of this trip - U2 and visiting family for the holidays.

Counting the days! 26 to go! :dancing:

Going to Portland?

Is there a group going to this last show in North America? Want to meet up and give the boys a big send off? Ideas?

Re: Going to Portland?

laxmi said:
Is there a group going to this last show in North America? Want to meet up and give the boys a big send off? Ideas?

Yes, the crowd should sing a verse or two of a U2 Gem during the encore break.
A Sort of Homecoming, perhaps?

Moved and merged with the existing Portland thread...

And hmmm, as nice as Kevin's idea would be, logistically I just dont see it happening...

How about just 100s of "Thank You" signs on regular pieces of 8.5 x 11 paper to be held up as they go off to the first encore break. We can pass the word on to make sure people bring their own and then a few of us can volunteers to bring as many extras as we can to pass on to others?

:shrug:

A "template" of sorts can even be prepared (would be nice to have as many uniform looking signs as possible) for people to pre-print and again, enlist people to make sure they bring extras to pass on to people around them?

http://tinypic.com/hwbvbo.jpg

Miroslava said:
A "template" of sorts can even be prepared (would be nice to have as many uniform looking signs as possible) for people to pre-print and again, enlist people to make sure they bring extras to pass on to people around them?

http://tinypic.com/hwbvbo.jpg

That is a great idea. I can print some and bring them to pas out to those in our area of seats and to friends....and I can pass the word. I will be at the ATU2 party the night before at Kell's.

Also for those of you interested....I am going back to Target to pick up a couple red and black Santa hats (Vertigo colors is what I thought as soon as I spied these in the store!) to wear to the show 12/19. Maybe the guys will do a Christmas song! Christmas, Baby, Please Come Home?!!!!!
:wink:

Well, it was just a suggestion... :lol: any others?

If we're going to do anything, we would have to decide soon so we can pass the info on to HelloAngel so she can make it a news item as well as forward the information on to Zootopia, @U2, U2log, U2star and any other places people might post at.

Way to quote an old post Kev... Dizzy is not going after all, she sold that ticket :sad:

Miroslava said:
Well, it was just a suggestion... :lol: any others?

If we're going to do anything, we would have to decide soon so we can pass the info on to HelloAngel so she can make it a news item as well as forward the information on to Zootopia, @U2, U2log, U2star and any other places people might post at.

I say let's do it! :wink:

Alright, so as of right now we have

Singing a verse or two of a "gem"

Kevin

Making "Thank You" signs
Carek
Corianderstem
Hotpepper
Miroslava

We need more input people :madwife:

Last edited:
Status