Dec. 19, Rose Garden in Portland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister (not a big U2 fan, I'm bringing her for conversion! LOL) and I are going GA. We're local to the area. However, this my very first U2 concert (and first time with GA). Let me tell you - I am absolutely, effing terrified. I would love to meet up with some GA buddies on this board because I would absolutely die for some help/pointers on getting a rail spot. :silent:

<-- willing to pay cash, too. :wink: (J/k). But seriously, I'd love to have a few GA line buddies. I am so unbelievably intimidated... :( I'm willing to meet anybody at like 5:30am to start lining up! I just want my sister and I to be blown away! ;)

Last edited:
Prepare to be blown away. If you are already planning to line up at 5:30am you are on your way to not only an incredible experience, but a guaranteed rail spot either inside or outside the elipse. Be prepared for a long wait in GA tho. Befriend those around you, especially the security and U2 staff folks. Bring plenty of comfort items like drinks and snacks, warm protective gear, comfy chairs or sleeping bags, books, cards, music....I did my first GA with my sister in Vegas. My sister is from Portland. I am flying to Portland for the 12/19 show but we have seats. I have friends who will be in the GA line and will be coming by to visit as well as wanting to hang out to try to meet the band this time. I can say I've done GA AND I've gotten into the elipse and it was INCREDIBLE! Unforgettable. I'm happy to share links to our pics if you like. It was an unbelievable awesome experience, unfortunately not many of the folks in the elipse in Vegas were die hard fans, mostly were VIPS there just "to be seen". Nonetheless I had an incredible time, all 4 of the band members walked past us on the ramp and Bono sang Sometimes right in front of ME! Good luck to you and to your sister. I am praying for all those GAers in Portland that the weather cooperates!

~Karen

I think my friend and I are going to be too jetlagged to do much more than wait in the GA line the next morning. She flies from Brisbane to Sydney to LAX then to Milwaukee and on to Portland. I have an overnight from Honolulu. U2 is a surrealistic experience to begin with, but I think that will take on a whole whole new meaning for us :) I should probably send her plenty of Vitamin C tabs too . . .

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
I think my friend and I are going to be too jetlagged to do much more than wait in the GA line the next morning. She flies from Brisbane to Sydney to LAX then to Milwaukee and on to Portland. I have an overnight from Honolulu. U2 is a surrealistic experience to begin with, but I think that will take on a whole whole new meaning for us :) I should probably send her plenty of Vitamin C tabs too . . .

LA ---) Milwuakee -----) Portland!!!!????? Save 10 hours of flying, spend a $100 and just fly from LA to Portland. That's 10 extra hours on a plane. Definetely worth $100 to change flights.

Seems like that'd be the way to go, but that ticket was through an Orbitz deal we found . . . it'd be about $1000 more to set it up the shorter way :huh:

It's actually a round trip deal to Milwaukee -- she's staying with me for the holidays :)

>Roll call, please! Next, who wants to meet up on Sunday night? I know Portland pretty well so I can find us a out of the rain and fun place to meet. I'm sure we've all got some great U2 stories to share!

The two Kathy's will be there! My friend, Kathy, has seeing a U2 show as one of her top 10 things to do in life before she dies. She has NEVER been to a show, can you imagine! Is everyone going to the Irish pub on Sunday night?

skott100 said:
We've been talking about catering the set to U2 die hards and playing songs the band rarely, or in some cases never, plays. Mofo certainly fits that description. Hell, maybe we'll bust out "Mercy" just to blow yer minds. Thanks for the input Roman!

Dirty Day!

kkampp said:
>Roll call, please! Next, who wants to meet up on Sunday night? I know Portland pretty well so I can find us a out of the rain and fun place to meet. I'm sure we've all got some great U2 stories to share!

The two Kathy's will be there! My friend, Kathy, has seeing a U2 show as one of her top 10 things to do in life before she dies. She has NEVER been to a show, can you imagine! Is everyone going to the Irish pub on Sunday night?

I will be at Kells with some people Sunday night!

:drool:

:combust:

:dancing:

As of yesterday, I have a (face value) ticket for this show!!!!

:faint:

Better go to Costo and buy a huge supply of Kleenex... I have a feeling we're all going to need them :sad:

Miroslava said:

Better go to Costo and buy a huge supply of Kleenex... I have a feeling we're all going to need them :sad:

WOW. First sighting of Miroslava in the Portland thread!

Miroslava said:

:heart:

. . . I mean, good ;)

romi said:

WOW. First sighting of Miroslava in the Portland thread!

Miroslava can only stress about a finite number of shows at a time. Portland is now in the radar... :wink:

Looks like you'll get a first hand belly rub and not a telephonic one this time :lmao:

I'm gonna have to rub it for OOTS -- which I still have yet to hear live. No hope for Disco or Mofo...

Well, the belly and I have heard OOTS about 3-4 times and now that it has replaced MD in the last couple shows, I think you'll be ok! :D

Carek1230 said:
Awesome, Miroslava, maybe I can finally meet you in Portland. The scramble for tickets begins.............:wink:

Oh I am all set. Tix on hand. Hotel booked. Flight booked.

Just need to get the industrial sized Kleenex box! :sad:

And yup hopefully I will meet a few more interferencers this last chance! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom