Dec. 19, Rose Garden in Portland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there too but I have seats. I am not willing to do what it takes to get in the ellipse at this time of year.

God, I hope it doesn't snow this year. We do occasionally get snowstorms in the Pacific NW and it always seems like Portland gets the worst of it. Portland tends to ice over. This probably won't happen, it will probably just be rainy and overcast and cold.

I'm planning on driving in from Seattle and I know it can be sketchy to make that drive at that time of the year. I might need to look into taking the train instead.

Trains are good!

Inclassable104.gif

My sister has passed along some information (See links and info below) for a Laser light show which will be showing in the Portland area through the end of November. We are on a mission to get the dates extended, especially since so many fans will be in the Portland area for the 12/show. Check the website and write the OMNI to request the show be brought back for December or held over! I will also post my sister's email to them and their response:

General Information page:

http://www.omsi.edu/visit/laser/sho...s=Now Showing

The schedule:

http://www.omsi.edu/visit/ExtSched.cfm

This is the email sent requesting the dates be changed and their reply:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:17 PM
Subject: Laser Show suggestion

Thanks for visiting the OMSI website, and for your comment! I believe we were planning to switch over to our new evening laser show schedule after Thanksgiving, but I'll be sure to pass your message along to our planetarium / laser manager. I hope you have a chance to see the U2 laser show before it closes, though!

Best regards,

Scott Weinrobe
Web / Educational Technology Manager
Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
www.omsi.edu

19 Oct 2005 11:35AM 10/19/05 U2 Laser Light Show Please consider moving the dates of the U2 Laser Light Show to coincide with the U2 concert at the Portland Rose Garden 12/19/2005. This is the final show of their 2005 world tour and there will be many people in Portland for the show - if you could run it over the weekend 12/16-12/19, that would be great. Thanks!

I am staying with my sister. There's lots to do in Portland! I love downtown! The holiday lights should be in full force then too, it's really beautiful at night.

I've been meaning to ask . . . did you manage to get OMNI to extend their U2 light show? I'm not getting to Portland until Sunday afternoon so I would have missed it any way you look at it.

My sister and I sent emails from all of our email addresses and got the exact same email response. So far I don't think they really care. After Vegas I can then focus more on Portland and maybe call the OMNI directly....I would encourage as many people as possible to bombard them with requests.

Carek1230 said:
My sister and I sent emails from all of our email addresses and got the exact same email response. So far I don't think they really care. After Vegas I can then focus more on Portland and maybe call the OMNI directly....I would encourage as many people as possible to bombard them with requests.

Ahh too bad. Have a great time in Vegas. I'm going to the two Oakland shows (one week from today:dancing:!!!).

I don't like the Oakland Coliseum, so I'm skipping Oakland. Grew up in the Bay Area and had too many concert experiences there. Vegas should be a blast, thanks. Then Portland WOOHOO! But enjoy Oakland! :wink:

I'm trying to get my friend from Australia to go with me now -- It's $1000 just to get her to Portland though . . . and I only have one GA :(

"Yeah I heard about the @U2 gathering. They didn't book my U2 tribute band friends and I don't care for the tribute band they booked. The Crystal Ballroom is a nice place from what I hear tho."

C'mon Carek1230... JT won't mind if we borrow you for the night. And who knows, you might even have... oh I don't know... a good time or something. I'll even put a song for you in the set. Your choice.

:)
-Barely Larry of Zoo Station

Hey Barely Larry...I'll be at the party and I will come say hi! What would I wanna hear? Hmmmm......how about Two Hearts, or The First Time. My standard faves are OOC and In God's Country. Soooooo, no hard feelings! I will be there!

Karen-San Diego

All of those songs other than The First Time make regular appearances in our set and oddly enough, we've been rehearsing that one lately. After seeing it here in Oakland I think we're all excited to play it. And Ultraviolet is hands down my favorite song to play and the rest of the band loves it as well.

-skott

Hey Skott, this is Roman and Jen (from the central valley) since you are taking requests, how about putting MOFO at the start of your set. I'm gonna be in line by ninish or so, but wanna hear it before going off to freeze.

--Roman

We've been talking about catering the set to U2 die hards and playing songs the band rarely, or in some cases never, plays. Mofo certainly fits that description. Hell, maybe we'll bust out "Mercy" just to blow yer minds. Thanks for the input Roman!

Mercy! Wow!

I love Streets, Walk On, Ultraviolet, In Gods Country, Trip Thru your Wires, Out of Control, Gloria, Electric Co, 11 o'clock Tick Tock, Beautiful Day, COBL, Bullet, Bad, 40, Fast Cars, Mysterious Ways, Mofo, Discoteque, Zoo Station, One, WOWY, Running to Stand Still, One Tree Hill, All Becuz of You, All I Want is You....gosh the list goes on and on......I can't wait to see you guys, I'll take anything you decide to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom