Dec. 17, Delta Center in Salt Lake City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salt Lake City Gathering?

Hey all, I will be in the GA line solo for the SLC show. I am thinking about arriving Friday morning to snowboard all day, then waiting early Saturday in the GA line. Who else will be there? Any gatherings? Oh man, can't wait! Gonna be a good time.

Good palce to stay?

Thinking of flying in for the show-any recommendations on hotels or any to avoid? Also exactly how cold will it be there in December?

I'm flying from Reston, Va. Anyone here going to be in the GA line? Looking forward to the trip. I am bringing layers of clothes expecting cold. Snowboarding Friday at Park City Mountain. U2 Saturday. Flying home Sunday. Have not booked the hotel yet.

Time For Recall

So who is going and where are you going to be?

GA
NightSong

Seats

Only 25 nights until the SHOW!!!!!!

Got my GA. My wife and her best friend have seats - don't want to deal with standing outside in the cold. I'm going to be there early, so I have to find someone to pair up with.

I'm going!

If the weather is anything like it's been the past few days.....expect cold and possibly snow! :uhoh: I'm going to be in the GA line too...

I HOPE I'll be in the GA line, but I'm still trying to get a ticket! :sad:
It looks like I'll be driving, but not sure about where to stay yet.

It's going to be about 20-30 degrees outside on the 17th, just checked the extended weather forecast. Only the most hardcore U2 fans are going to be in the GA line on this one. I'm going solo, so don't hesitate to say hello to me in line.

I bid on a 4 star hotel in downtown SLC and got the Hilton for $47/night. Downtown is the only area with 4 stars in the SLC area so you can get free rebids by adding other areas so start cheap :) It's not the closest one to the Delta Center but easily within walking distance.

Of course, I wasn't so pleased when ETS moved their pre-party out of walking distance but SLC has light rail that look to run about every 15 minutes. Anyone else getting their GA from ETS?

Nightsong said:
I bid on a 4 star hotel in downtown SLC and got the Hilton for $47/night. Downtown is the only area with 4 stars in the SLC area so you can get free rebids by adding other areas so start cheap :) It's not the closest one to the Delta Center but easily within walking distance.

Of course, I wasn't so pleased when ETS moved their pre-party out of walking distance but SLC has light rail that look to run about every 15 minutes. Anyone else getting their GA from ETS?

My GA is from ETS. I'm hoping that I'll be in line early morning, so I'm going to have to pair up with someone for getting into the elipse. My wife is going to pick up the ticket and bring it to my shivering arse if I can't leave the line.

Nightsong said:
Anyone else getting their GA from ETS?

I am.
My brother and I are planning on getting into the line very early in the morning. Only my ticket is ETS, so I hope it won't be a problem leaving the line to get the ticket.
Anyone have an idea of how the GA lineup will be set up at the Delta Center?

See you all in line!

Delta Center Rocks (ETS on the other hand....)

I called the Delta Center and spoke to a very nice person name Danni. She informed me they were still working out the details but that we would be allowed to go to the Delta Center starting at 8 AM to receive a numerical ticket. We would need to show our concert ticket. We would then recieve instructions on when we would need to return. We will not be allowed to line up on the property before 8. So that's the good news.

I asked about ETS tickets and explained that we wouldn't have our tickets but would only have a voucher which we would be exchanging for tickets at 4 PM. She said she believed me but had never heard of ETS and was only going by info she had from management. I tried calling ETS asking them to call her but that didn't work out so well. You can check out the thread in the General group where I ask for an ETS contact.

Hopefully the venue will honor our ETS vouchers so we can get a number. And hopefully they won't have the final lineup at a time we wouldn't be able to make after picking up our tickets.

And yes I realize I should be VERY grateful that they aren't making us stand outside in the freezing cold....I'm just very upset with ETS right now...I'm sure I'll get over it.....

Re: Salt Lake City Gathering?

Right now it's like 28 in the sun. This has been a cold winter.

Cap

sonicsmurf said:
Hey all, I will be in the GA line solo for the SLC show. I am thinking about arriving Friday morning to snowboard all day, then waiting early Saturday in the GA line. Who else will be there? Any gatherings? Oh man, can't wait! Gonna be a good time.

What hotel is everyone staying at? I'm thinking either the Little America for the quality or Radisson which is near across the street? Prices? Thanks Nightsong for the research. I see that you use tripadvisor too. My airplane tickets booked. Snowboard packed. Ready to Rock and Roll.

sonicsmurf said:
What hotel is everyone staying at?

City Creek Inn, about 1 1/2 blocks away. It's close and cheap (about $53 per night). When I called to book the room last Thursday, they said they had still had plenty of rooms available. Here's their toll free # is anyone is interested. (866) 533-4898

Hi :wave:

if any SLC attendee would like to help us poor folks at home who can't make the show... We'd love to have you help stream or text the setlist. 2nd to last show - we'd all love to be there with you in spirit. If you have questions, PM, email, or post. And you can check this thread as well: http://forum.interference.com/t144113.html

I will be staying at the City Creek Inn too @ $43 per night. Thanks for the heads up Samneko. Chilling now, sleeping in late tomorrow, then flying from BWI to SLC.

Hi sonicsmurf, glad to hear you got a good deal on the motel room.

We're leaving in about 9 hours for the nice 680 mile drive to Salt Lake City. So maybe I should get some sleep NOW or I'll feel like :crazy: tomorrow night!

There has been a change if you haven't heard elsewhere and the time for picking up a "numbered ticket" has been moved to 7 AM. What time is everyone thinking about lining up? Forecasting a low of 11 ?!? and a high of 24 for Saturday-dress warm!!!

Safe travels EVERYONE!

Nightsong said:
There has been a change if you haven't heard elsewhere and the time for picking up a "numbered ticket" has been moved to 7 AM. What time is everyone thinking about lining up? Forecasting a low of 11 ?!? and a high of 24 for Saturday-dress warm!!!

Safe travels EVERYONE!
I talked with Danni this morning, they are opening Delta Center property to lining up at 7am, and handing out the place tickets at 8am. See everyone there!

Back
Top Bottom