Dec. 12 -- New Charlotte Arena in Charlotte

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so far...

The weather here in eastern NC is actually unseasonably WARM. Which probably means we can expect a deep freeze on Dec. 12 in Charlotte!

Heh, ditto on the Christmas present you requested, BluRmGrl! All I want for Christmas is a dance with Bono!

Maybe we can all sit out in the GA line and sing Christmas carols. That will be a good way to pass the time! Ha ha ha. Or at least drive everyone around us nuts!

And yes, I'm dying to hear "Baby Please Come Home" during the show too. I wonder if they'll add it?

Hmm...well...13 days and counting!

-Christine

*Blu hears part of an old Chipmunk's song in her head: "...hurry Christmas, hurry fast. We've been good, but we can't last..."* :lol:

I'm looking so forward to meeting you guys in the GA line!!! See you 2 wks from today!!! :up: :hyper: :D

Hey guys! I'll be there. I am behind the stage. Unfortunately I have an exam that morning so I will be making the long trek from Charleston to Charlotte right ater that, but I figure it will be ok as I have seats and I seriously doubt anyone will try to take my behind the stage seats. :)

Hopefully we will get some Christmas treats. :) See everyone in about a week!

Re: so far...

Kilikina778 said:
The weather here in eastern NC is actually unseasonably WARM. Which probably means we can expect a deep freeze on Dec. 12 in Charlotte!

Yeah, you're probably right! I haven't been able to get a weather forecast for Monday yet, but Sunday the 11th doesn't look too bad at all, partly cloudy and a high of 50. Let's hope for similar for Monday!

Yee ha!

Hooray! Yep...one more week! I hope the cold weather stays off just a LITTLE longer...though it's getting awfully cold here. They are calling for a bit of snow for us this week. Just a TEENSY bit.

There's nothing like the anticipation of a U2 concert. I love it.

So...who's bringing the cocoa? :wink:

See you guys soon!

-Christine

Yeah, this cold front has me a little concerned... but I believe it'll shove off by Friday at the latest. If not, I wonder if my hotel will mind me borrowing their blanket for the day? :hmm: :lol:

Does anyone know what time they will start letting the GA's line up?

Also..do they split the line into u2 fan club tickets or those with a u2.com membership card. I have not done the GA thing this time around so any help would be great.

Weather update

Weather's not looking too bad; partly cloudy and mid-50s Sunday through Tuesday. That GA line is brutal when the weather's bad (see Montreal!) 300 people were in line all night outside the Bell Centre in the freezing snow! :coocoo:

And I thought I was a big U2 fan!

Last edited:
???

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering what time they will let us start lining up myself. I wonder if the Charlotte Arena has any idea how diehard some of us fans are!

Man I really hope it warms up just a little. I would NOT look forward to standing out in the snow like up in Montreal. As festive as it sounds, I DON'T LIKE COLD.

Geez, the things we U2 fans do for a show.

Ho hum.

Bomb Tech, I'm assuming they will split the line for everyone with Fan club tickets. That's what they've done elsewhere. But it wouldn't hurt to carry your membership card with you if you have one.

I know I'm bringing mine. Just in case. Along with all my hotel blankets. Hee hee! :D

-Christine

Don't count on the line split. In Atlanta the line split at the door as we were going in, which didn't really help anything, and they didn't ask for your card or anything.

U2dork...that photo of Edge as Spock got me to giggling so bad. :laugh:

Yeah...that's true. I'm not counting on anything as far as the GA line goes. Other than a long wait with some cool U2 fans. In the cold.

fwiw, parking in and around charlotte arena could be a problem earlier monday what with all the downtown workers being at work. could be kinda pricey.

What time IS line up allowed...anybody heard? As for parking, I'm staying within 3 blocks, so I don't plan on needing the car. :D

guys Charlotte is plenty safe to walk around downtown near the arena. No problem there. Plenty to see and do eat and drink as well. The Hilton Garden Inn is a nice place too for the ppl that were asking. The Stones show at the new arena was a blast. U2 will be too. Can't wait to see evryone there. Be safe in your travels.

-M

Score guys, I got my tickets from ebay today. It's my Christmas present from my dad. I'm in section 222. This is the second time this year (Oct 19th also, DC) I get to see them. I'm allowed to skip school Monday and Tuesday, because it's a six hour drive from Norfolk to Charlotte.

Can't wait for the concert, hope everyone has a safe trip there and has fun!

Concert day is almost here! Now I just have to get through my exam on Monday morning and then I'm ready for a U2 concert! (Don't ask how I'm planning on concentrating at all.)

Hey, labell, I'm in section 220, so we're kind of close to eachother. :) Ahh. The delightful behind the stage tickets.

Yay! Rear veiw isn't so bad.. ;D We get Adam's side! Last concert I had rear, Edge's side. Quite a good show back there, if I do say so myself.

Hey, I'm in section 220 also! It was such a pain to get those. During the onsale, after waiting to get into the system, it first spit out row A of 218, (I think) and when I hit the "buy now" button, they disappeared. :mad: It took another 15 minutes for these seats to come up. But, hey, at least I'm in the building. I think we'll have a great view of Adam's backside... :)

Yay for Adam's backside! See you all tomorrow! At least we are in the building...and I'm sure the concert will sound equally fantastic while looking at U2's backsides as it does while looking at their frontsides. :)

BTW, U2dork, I think I'm in row M or N so maybe we can wave at eachother during Institute, lol.

Last edited:
I can vouch for the factthat rear view is MY-T-FINE! I had rear seats in Vegas and was completely happy with them......every member of U2 makes several walks back there and waves and the fans in back are indeed acknowledged. If yhou've seen more than a couple Vertigo shows I can also say this is a welcome different angle and view of the show, as great as ever.....there is also a big monitor for the close up shots......can't go wrong. Just being in the house is a good thing!

Back
Top Bottom