Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miroslava

ONE love, blood, life
Yeah, Part III

We're reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally chatty:

Part I: http://forum.interference.com/t119264.html
Part II: http://forum.interference.com/t148466.html

Many general questions answered there! Please read!

Here's the list of interferencers going to the show:

General Admission
enggirl and sister (Tiffani and Dena)
beverly 56 and hubby!
April (LMPA)
Beth (bonosloveslave)
Michelle (BonoIsAGod)
Miroslava
Catlady
Scarletwine
Bonoinakilt
fair trade
Party Girl Man
macfesto
PartyGirl43
AtomicBono
Alec (AtomicBono's friend!)
thequeenofohiou
staylorz and hubby!
Ultraviolette & mom--who got me into U2 17 years ago!
Ruffian
xERINx
Gabrielvox
Solacevip (Mark)
alexdescending (andrea)
MrBrau1 and brother
~LadyLemon~ and brother
2orangecats (Stacy)
Benno3 (Ben) and his friend Christy
samralf and husband
Wildhit and girlfriend
U2grace and friend
bono_212
atomicpink and significant other
CloserToKnowing
SethVincent (with children in seats)
ladyhawke34 and friend

Seats
jd45177 and son - Section 125
Kyra1 and husband
ARW
Kariann
Schmeg
Wannabe (Matt) & Erica - Section 213
LivLuvandBootlegMusic (Lies) & Got Philk? (Phil) :hyper:
Rachel (Catlady's friend)

Other important stuff:
Line up area:
bridge.jpg

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1+Cen...01,-81.687738&spn=0.003328,0.010192&t=h&hl=en

The dock is one the opposite side of the Q from the (maybe) GA line. It is right on a busy street.

gabrielvox said:

The ETS pre-party to pick up your tickets:

The Harp http://www.the-harp.com/

Apparently this is not a huge bash, more of a cocktail/dinner pick up your tickets type thing. No band. The Harp does list some Hillbilly band or something for later that night.

For U2 fans before and after the show, my good friends in the Cleveland based band ZOOSTATION are staging a great show at The Mercury Lounge. http://www.themercurylounge.com/ A great tribute to our favorite band, don't go expecting to see Macphisto suits and fly glasses, but do go with your requests as they love to play requests of songs screamed at them! :)

That's where I'll be, anyways...any of you who were at the first Cleveland Rock Hall of Fame event and came over to see ZOO after know just what I'm talkin about! :wink:

Zoostation's site: http://www.zoostation.biz

See you in Cleveland!

jd45177 said:
Current 10-Day weather forecast at The Weather Channel is showing an upward trend for the high temp the latter part of next week.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USOH0195?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

I tend to follow The National Weather Service and the farthest in advance that they forecast is 7 days.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapCli...e=3&site=cle&CiTemplate=1&map.x=179&map.y=113

BEVERLY56 said:
Tower City is close by, with a food court, as are many bar/restaurants. Across from The Jake on E 9th is Alice Cooperstown which is a very cool place, you can go and warm up and get something to eat. There's alot of little places like that (dont know what time they open though - probably not til lunch). All in all, I dont think it will be a bad day. Its good that the venue is right in the center of a busy part of town.

I'll be there at 4am with my buddy James...

We will fashion a sign for everyone about the GA...and attempt to start a numbering system....

That is IF we are the first crazy bastards there...

Found ya! In Pittsburgh, changed into dry clothes about 4:30, took stuff back to car, got in line at 5:00, stood there and froze til they let us in at 6:30. I think line etiquette is everybody should be in line, in order by 5:00. Listen to me, the expert after 1 GA concert. Its addictive! Once youve been on the rail, its hard to imagine being anywhere else.

I have a feeling you won't be... So long as we're not it... :crack:

BEVERLY56 said:
Found ya! In Pittsburgh, changed into dry clothes about 4:30, took stuff back to car, got in line at 5:00, stood there and froze til they let us in at 6:30. I think line etiquette is everybody should be in line, in order by 5:00.

:up:

5:30 is the dead last minute I would arrive at from some sort of short break... Things get hairy starting at that time :yikes:

Trust me...

TRUST ME

I really hope Im not first...I'd rather be like, 4 or 8 or something...hhaha

we'll see what happens I guess

First I have to make it there alive hahaha

So what happens if people make it to the Q and didn't "get numbered by fans" at 4am or whatever?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm lining up in the underground walkway under the Q :wink: then jumping up at 9 to try to get tickets.

BEVERLY56 said:
Found ya! In Pittsburgh, changed into dry clothes about 4:30, took stuff back to car, got in line at 5:00, stood there and froze til they let us in at 6:30. I think line etiquette is everybody should be in line, in order by 5:00. Listen to me, the expert after 1 GA concert. Its addictive! Once youve been on the rail, its hard to imagine being anywhere else.

Was on rail for my one GA, too, and sick at the thought of the back of the floor. I guess I can see if I get in the ellipse or not in Buffalo.... perhaps I will see you all in the line around 9:30 or 10am.... I can always check some extra baggage.....cold shmold and who needs friends and family:wink:

Thanks for all the info all!!!

Thinking will need to take some layers off before going in. Also big clunky coats etc can be dumped in cars if you dont mind shivering til 6:00.

AndrewRnR said:
So what happens if people make it to the Q and didn't "get numbered by fans" at 4am or whatever?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm lining up in the underground walkway under the Q :wink: then jumping up at 9 to try to get tickets.

Eh, things like that can get messy. :lol:

My advise, look for the number folks. Yes, it's not an official system, but it is a hell of a handy tool. Though it is just that, a tool, not a guarantee of any sort. It would be nice if we could all just get numbers, dissapear for hours on end and then magically show up at doors opening and get our spots :drool:

If you're on the box office line, normally you get a number and tell the people directly behind you that you're waiting for a Box Office drop so they know why you're not in line for veeeeery long periods of time :up:

i was planning to go down to the arena pretty early, maybe like 4 or 5 am.
so ill definitely be down there, looking for other crazy fans like myself.
2 days! :hyper:

Ok cool thanks for the advice... this is(well hopefully will be....*crosses fingers*) my first U2 show, so sorry for all the questions!

Miroslava said:
Two days?

It's one day in my world! :lol:

haha. well. 2 days til the show.
this week has been going by sooooooooooooooooo slow.
but maybe thats a good thing, since this is my last show and i dont want it to be :sad:

4am ...good...that means maybe you can run the line gahaha j/k

I'm sure the streets will be clear enough to identify each other that early...

Ok so if I get there at 4 am I'm gonna find you guys somewhere around the arena, not at the arena obviosuly....we're gonna try and number ourselves, and get people to follow that, and then we'll transfer over to the Q offic. GA line? SO are we crossing our fingers that people will let us into the front if we're like number 8 or something?

And...If I were like, 15 in line (doubt it :lol:) and I don't have a fan club tickets, is someone who was like 40 behind me going to get to go into the show first?

macfesto said:
4am ...good...that means maybe you can run the line gahaha j/k

I'm sure the streets will be clear enough to identify each other that early...

never had to run the line. lol i dont think i'd do a very good job. haha. but we'll see. i'll be a line nazi if i have to.
i was just going for a single digit number in line. lol being #33 in detroit, was the lowest number ive ever been.

I'm curious, if we line up somewhere, we're not gonna like get arrested for violating some kind of curfew....wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in thread II I remmeber someone saying something about strict curfew laws.

This happend at Detroit...

The advantage here is: the Q is just across the street...The Palace was across, a Highway.

we simply walk over, and try to maintain the line as best as possible...remember, there are other businesses that the line may spill over on and they may have a problem with it...a lot of incidentals will occur while waiting for 10am...who knows ;)

But either way, As long as we keep things organized and CIVILIZED(the way Bono intended ;) ) then we should be alright...

I suggest lining up DIRECTLY across the street from the area the line begins... (6th street)

I'll stake it out once I arrive friday and get some recon back to the forum

Ok...

passes paper bags to everyone...

Ready? Breathe.... :lol:

We won't know anything until the first few people arrive tomorrow. All of this is generally played by ear depending on the general area, how cooperative security are with us, weather and all that.

Making firm plans at this point is pretty much a waste of time. They never work out due to the many factors. So bottom line is, arrive when you're planning to arrive. Look for the icicles in human form (actually, the tents might be an easier give away) proceed to the front of the line and ask if anyone has the numbers... the rest will go from there.

Once the lines divide, they divide in numerical sequence, so yes it is possible that you're number 15 in one line and the person standing in the line next to you might be number 70, it all depends on how many people choose to go on the U2.com line :blahblah:

So again, just show up, bundle up, front of the line, get your number, hang out :D

and keep the paper bags handy :wink:

James you rock :wink:

Ok I'm considering getting to Cle a little earlier than four so that I'll be there AT four

Guess Chornicles of Narnia is out of the picture...maybe I'll go see it at midnight tonight :huh:

Atually there is really nothing in around the Q.... mainly parking lots so that shouldn't be a problem. I was there a few weeks back for a Cavs game....

At the corner of Ontario and Huron(the Northwest corner of the Q) there is a stairway that goes underground to a nice heated walkway that will take you right into the food court at Tower City.

Last edited:
I can hardly stand it.....:hyper:

I'm typing up an itenerary and a checklist...I'M NOT OBSESSIVE I PROMISE:help:

Back
Top Bottom