Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello, hello from Columbus, Ohio this morning!

Well, the STORM OF WHITE DEATH (or whatever the weather people were calling it) produced only about two inches of snow. The roads, as far as I know, are fine this morning. So good news for anyone coming this direction. (Don't forget to honk and wave as you pass the Wilson Road exit off 1-70!)

Beverly, as regards who will put your husband in the time out chair: well, if Miroslava and fairtrade can't handle him on their own--and I don't doubt their prowess at all--my husband will be happy to provide backup. Or maybe we can bribe your hubby with cookies?

Actually, that's one of the ways you will be able to recognize me, other than that I will have cookies with me. I'm about 5'1" and my husband is 6'4". Yes, quite the silly pair, I've heard it all, thank you.

I will call Miroslava when we're going to be heading over to the line with treats. I am really looking forward to meeting people!

Oh, and don't worry about the emotional stuff. I always cry during the shows, often during SYCMIOYO and/or Miracle Drug. (Makes me think about my dad, too. Scarletwine, my belated condolences. I know what that feels like.) But sometimes other songs too. I'm sad I won't be on the floor with everybody, but happy to be going at all.

OK, I better go bake more cookies. You all are going to need the calories to stay warm tomorrow!

Safe travels and no frostbite, you hear?

BEVERLY56 said:
Yesterday I started crying while driving to work when "Imagine" came on. I can't believe it's been 25 yrs. I kept the tv off last night and listened to my John Lennon Greatest Hits Collection CD.

Me too.
edited to add

Oh yea I am supposed to be working:ohmy:

What is this work thing you speak of?

I do not believe I am familiar with that term...

I almost forgot Scarletwine. I'm sorry about your dad. That would make me cry, too. Both my parents have been gone for awhile, they died when I was in my early 20's. I cannot believe that Bono was able to sing Kite at Slane, just a few days after his father's funeral, and not cry.

BEVERLY56 said:
Work at not getting caught with a big blue page on your screen, thats what.

I can't tell you how many times people have walked into my office after reading something like that and wondered what I was laughing at.

I work for a certain big tire company that has something that flies around in the sky, but I probably shouldnt mention the name. I have to talk to customers who call in because theyre pissed off at us because one of our products or services messed up their vehicle. And I'm listening with about 10% of one side of my brain while all the rest is focused on reading the blue screen.

Thanks Bev. sorry about your parents also.

The trick is to have excel always open and your hand on the mouse. Click the bottom ta - da

It helps that my desk faces the door.

I've been by that certain company on 76. That flying thing flew over my house on my son's 1st birthday. It was cool and took pictures to tell him it was just for him when he got older.

jd45177 said:

I KNEW "you people" were like that, I just knew it!

Just today, I promise! And we have SO FEW CALLS.

And Scarlet, I'm driving up from Akron in the a.m. probably leaving home at 5:00. Going home afterward. Actually it probably wouldnt be hard to talk my husband into going somewhere for a few hours after, but one of us would have to not drink.

Ahh I know that company.. I was in that particular city just two weeks ago visting the West Point Market (really over rated, IMO).

My boss is pretty lax ( she's actually going to the concert tomorrow) but I still don't want to look like I'm slacking off too much (even though I dont really have any work right at the moment)

BEVERLY56 said:

Just today, I promise! And we have SO FEW CALLS.

And Scarlet, I'm driving up from Akron in the a.m. probably leaving home at 5:00. Going home afterward. Actually it probably wouldnt be hard to talk my husband into going somewhere for a few hours after, but one of us would have to not drink.

That would be cool. I should do the same but it's my birthday present (the room) and a couple of days away from hubby & child. Hehe

Kyra1 said:
I'm about 5'1" and my husband is 6'4". B]

YES. SHORT PEOPLE ROCK (I'm 5'1" as well :wink: )

Man, I think everything in the city was closed today EXCEPT our school system. I waited 40 minutes in the cold for the bus (which will be nothing compared to tomorrow..., but still, I did NOT wanna go to school in the first place) and it didn't show up until right when I was walking back into my house, so I missed it :lol: the roads were awful when dad drove me and it seems half the student population didn't even bother showing up today... we're not doing anything in any classes (hence me on the internet)... arrrrrgh I can't wait for school to be over :crazy:

I don't think I cried at my U2 show at all, actually - does that make me weird? I think I got teary eyed during One and 40, though. And Bad, well, Bad just had me paralyzed it was so incredible. I cry all the time now when I listen to Running to Stand Still and Bad :wink: really I do, they make so much sense to me, maybe too much sense :sad:

It's tomorrow, everyone! TOMORROW!!

AtomicBono said:

YES. SHORT PEOPLE ROCK (I'm 5'1" as well :wink: )

Man, I think everything in the city was closed today EXCEPT our school system. I waited 40 minutes in the cold for the bus (which will be nothing compared to tomorrow..., but still, I did NOT wanna go to school in the first place) and it didn't show up until right when I was walking back into my house, so I missed it :lol: the roads were awful when dad drove me and it seems half the student population didn't even bother showing up today... we're not doing anything in any classes (hence me on the internet)... arrrrrgh I can't wait for school to be over :crazy:

I don't think I cried at my U2 show at all, actually - does that make me weird? I think I got teary eyed during One and 40, though. And Bad, well, Bad just had me paralyzed it was so incredible. I cry all the time now when I listen to Running to Stand Still and Bad :wink: really I do, they make so much sense to me, maybe too much sense :sad:

It's tomorrow, everyone! TOMORROW!!

Hey I'm a shorty too!!! But I've got you ALL beat. I'm 4'9 1/2.

See you in the line. I'm not getting there too early, around 2 or so.

Good luck to all getting in line in the AM. Dress like polar bears cause its not just cold, but the kind that hurts!!

PartyGirl43

Hope all you polar bears (short and otherwise) like peanut butter cookies, because that's what's on the agenda for today...

Help Miroslava if youre still here...How do I unsubscribe from this thread so an email doesnt pop up every time someone posts? I have "unsubscribed" at the top probably 10x today and it still keeps popping up. I just want to go check it every so often myself so nobody else sees that im getting all these emails.

BEVERLY56 said:
Help Miroslava if youre still here...How do I unsubscribe from this thread so an email doesnt pop up every time someone posts? I have "unsubscribed" at the top probably 10x today and it still keeps popping up. I just want to go check it every so often myself so nobody else sees that im getting all these emails.

It's in your user CP. There should be a list and you can check unsubscribe. Then when you post again chnage from email subscription to none. But you have to "Reply" not post in the blank at the bottom of the thread.

Back
Top Bottom