Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two hour delay for school isn ot good I wanted it cancelled.

Now instead of getting mom to get them to let me leave early, I HAVE to stay the whole day.

Let the final countodown begin.

Its Friday! I'm excited as hell, been awake since 5 the last 2 mornings thinking...planning...dreaming... Starting to get all my sh-t togther in one place so I dont forget anything. TISSUES WILL BE VERY IMPORTANT I THINK! P.S. anyone going to claim ETS tickets, make sure you have a photo id with you!

LOL - Here is an e-mail my sis just sent me about a U2 ticket giveaway on one of the local radio stations...

I was thinking of you this am on the way in, 104.1 was giving away tickets
for Sat. You had to call in and say what you would do promotionally for the
station to win them. When I got here the winning entry so far was a women
going grocery shopping in her bikini wearing bumper stickers.

It snowed like CRAZY here last night; probably 8-10 inches in some places. My husband was driving home from Indy and it took him six hours (it should be about three).

I'm so glad all this stuff came through last night instead of tonight!

Catlady are you flying in or driving? Thats an awful drive, my husbands family is all in Chicago and we have to do it several times a year (including in a few wks for Christmas)

BEVERLY56 said:
LOL - Here is an e-mail my sis just sent me about a U2 ticket giveaway on one of the local radio stations...

I was thinking of you this am on the way in, 104.1 was giving away tickets
for Sat. You had to call in and say what you would do promotionally for the
station to win them. When I got here the winning entry so far was a women
going grocery shopping in her bikini wearing bumper stickers.

I don't normally listen to Q104 but I listed to it for some laughs.. except the ideas people had were horrible!! "What Would You Do For U2"? Well these people, not much!!

Of course they did admit on-air that the seats were pretty crappy, but still!!

Driving; I could have gotten a cheap flight but I didn't see how I would bring all my gear with me on a plane, you know? Plus I was worried about being stranded by weather. My husband missed the May 2001 U2 show we had tickets for b/c he was sitting on the runway, delayed--in Cleveland, as a matter of fact. Um, yeah, I didn't notice he hadn't showed up to occupy the seat next to me until the concert was over and the lights came on. :reject: :reject:

I have a sport-ute so at least if the roads aren't great I should be able to cope. And thank goodness for GPS/Nav, I won't have to worry about directions, I will just let the car tell me the way.

Yeah, it is! Fortunately for me he has a good sense of humor and understands that I am not in my right mind when in close proximity to U2. :)

He's a Rush fan (U2 is his 2nd fave) so he really can't talk any smack about us. Those folks take obsession and attention to detail to an entirely new level.

I warned my husband about the time out chair and duct tape. He wants to know who's going to make him sit in the chair. I didnt tell him about the Detroit contingent. I'm a bit afraid of him seeing just how bad my "affliction" is when the lights go down tomorrow night.

BEVERLY56 said:
I warned my husband about the time out chair and duct tape. He wants to know who's going to make him sit in the chair. I didnt tell him about the Detroit contingent. I'm a bit afraid of him seeing just how bad my "affliction" is when the lights go down tomorrow night.

Detroit contigent + Duluthian with training in physical restraint= must show some serious enthusiasm!
My 26 year old male cousin burst into tears at the beginning of the show- you show off the affliction, Beverly, and I bet he will find it endearing!

fair trade said:

Detroit contigent + Duluthian with training in physical restraint= must show some serious enthusiasm!
My 26 year old male cousin burst into tears at the beginning of the show- you show off the affliction, Beverly, and I bet he will find it endearing!

:cute:

For Dublin 1, I started to BAWL during ISHFWILF. Then some more tears during Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (and then some more songs) during Horses I was feeling goofy, but I turned around and the 4 Spaniards behind me were sobbing their eyes too... So we all carried on bawling and singing :reject:

:lol:

Awww. So sweet.

I bawl my eyes out everytime I hear SYCMIOYO. I lost my dad "Bob" a year ago.

Bad makes my cry too for some reason.:shrug:

I'm getting that feeling in the pit of my stomach already. Hope to see you guys tonight. We'll be wandering around tower city & the HRC for a drink.

jd45177 said:

My wife, son and I are staying at the Key, hope to get there sometime tomorrow evening between 6 and 8. Looks like the snow is done here, about 35 mins se of Dayton, not worried about the roads, they'll be fine. Geesh, tv news was treating this like it was a blizzard or something.

Directions look fine Seth.

Don't they always?? Loved the radio dj on my way home last night: "Um, it's snow people. It comes around this this time each year. You've been in it before..."

I love when they break in on TV to tell us that it's snowing and there's 3 inches on the ground...because I Couldn't LOOK OUT MY WINDOW to get that info!
Sheesh!

I ALWAYS cry during Bad. And lately Miss Sarajevo has been doing it to me too for some reason. *tries to explain bursting into tears while on public transportation listening to ipod*

As mentioned, the winter storm was a bit of a bust. The TV stations play it big to increase viewership. It was just enough to add to the Christmas spirit, YES, I said Christmas, not holiday.

Leaving work at noon today, hope to be on the road by 1:00, should be in Cleveland by 5:00 I would think.

Beverly, I was thinking the same thing, not to forget my handkerchief, I know I'll need one. At the Columbus Elevation show, I started sobbing like a baby when they played Bad and my wife looked at me like I was crazy. Even watching the Bad/Streets bit on the Elevation DVD does it to me.

Seth, I understand your excitement, don't worry about it, just go with it, and I'll tell you what, as good as you imagine it's going to be? You're in for a surprise, it's going to be at least 100 times better. To me, the Chicago DVD is a bit of a letdown. While it's good, it just doesn't capture and portray what it's actually like being there. Your kids are going to have the time of their lives.

I put the Chicago DVD in last night while the wife was out and cranked it up and I could see the reflection of my son in the other room. He was jumping up and down and flapping his hands, just that brought tears to my eyes, I KNOW what it's going to be like tomorrow night. We found out that my son's favorite teacher of all time, an English teacher, is going to be there. She's a fanatic so that makes two people around here that I know that loves U2.

Miroslava said:
And Miro still wonders why she's not married, haha.

That WAS pretty funny.

Actually, I've been a rock music fan all of my life, I've liked a lot of groups over the years and have watched them come and go. I've seen lots of fans of different bands but I've never seen any that are as passionate about their bands as U2 fans are about U2.

my friend, who is standing in line at buffalo, just called me and told me the arena let them all inside.
umm. if the Q did that...lol that would be AMAZING.
i want them to do that. haha.

Miroslava said:

Hey, Catlady is married, so there's hope yet :madwife:

AS a fellow single woman and U2 psycho fan (as my sister calls me), I am counting on that hope too!!!

Now for YOU Miroslava, let's see, who else do we know that is single.....:adam:

Miroslava said:

Hey, Catlady is married, so there's hope yet :madwife:

Yep!! And lemme tell ya, I was better off being a singleton for a real long time, than a lot of my friends who always had boyfriends but they were usually rude or morons!!

I started crying at Chicago 1 when they 1st took the stage. Back then, they came out in the dark and shone the searchlights up into the crowd to the opening strains of COBL. I just could not believe I was actually there, seeing them. I believe I had my face in my hands and was saying something like "Oh my God, I cant believe it." My plan to go was formulated only a few days earlier and I happened onto a ticket.

I hope we all get near each other once inside. Its so cool to actually be with the folks you spent all day with. Of course, I mean all together INSIDE ELLIPSE.

jd45177 said:
Beverly, I was thinking the same thing, not to forget my handkerchief, I know I'll need one. At the Columbus Elevation show, I started sobbing like a baby when they played Bad and my wife looked at me like I was crazy. Even watching the Bad/Streets bit on the Elevation DVD does it to me.

Seth, I understand your excitement, don't worry about it, just go with it, and I'll tell you what, as good as you imagine it's going to be? You're in for a surprise, it's going to be at least 100 times better. To me, the Chicago DVD is a bit of a letdown. While it's good, it just doesn't capture and portray what it's actually like being there. Your kids are going to have the time of their lives.

I put the Chicago DVD in last night while the wife was out and cranked it up and I could see the reflection of my son in the other room. He was jumping up and down and flapping his hands, just that brought tears to my eyes, I KNOW what it's going to be like tomorrow night. We found out that my son's favorite teacher of all time, an English teacher, is going to be there. She's a fanatic so that makes two people around here that I know that loves U2.

You booger! I'm sitting here at work tearing up at the image of you wathcing your son in the tv screen!
I used to be an English teacher and WE ROCK!
Seth, honestly, it's like a religious experience going to a show...you have that moment right at the beginning where you don't know if you're going to cry or scream or laugh or puke because suddenly you realize that THEY'RE REEEEEEEAAAALLLLL. And the music is so loud that it's a force pushing on your chest, making your heart beat in time to the songs (um, I'll be writing a review of the show later--I think I might end up using that line! :))

And I imagine being in the pit it's like a huge freaking love fest b/c everyone is so damn happy to be together having the same experience doing something that we love so much...

OK, I'm gonna make myself cry from sheer sentimentality!

Tissues (and not just b/c I have a cold!)

BonoInAKilt said:
my friend, who is standing in line at buffalo, just called me and told me the arena let them all inside.
umm. if the Q did that...lol that would be AMAZING.
i want them to do that. haha.

They did that in MPLS and it was great, course it was September so not as crucial. My sister does not seem to think the Q will be very kind.....:madspit:

Yesterday I started crying while driving to work when "Imagine" came on. I can't believe it's been 25 yrs. I kept the tv off last night and listened to my John Lennon Greatest Hits Collection CD.
Also cried like a baby when I saw Paul McCartney/Wings, and Paul started singing some of the old Beatles songs from the 60's. Only people who were kids back then would understand the connection.

Back
Top Bottom