Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I am NOT looking forward to all this snow. :huh:

Well it's not too great right now. Will probably end by tomorrow night, although it's still bitter cold here.

~LadyLemon~ said:

Well it's not too great right now. Will probably end by tomorrow night, although it's still bitter cold here.

It's snowing pretty hard here, too. Hopefully the roads will be fine by the time we head out tomorrow night!

I just want it to be showtime already, for no other reason than we'll be in the warm arena! :shh:

enggirl said:

Yeah, Seth, that looks about right. My second time to Cle I had Mapquest directions and we ended up in the industrial part of town! I keep getting you and JD confused (sorry guys!) and can't remember which of ya is staying at the Key--if it's you, Seth, and you get lostish when getting off the freeway in Cle, just look for the tallest building--honestly--and start beelining for it. That's the hotel. They can help you get directions to the Q from there.

Um, I don't have a cell phone, but my sister does. If it makes you feel better, go ahead and PM me your #.

SNOW UPDATE!:
Um, it sucks huge butt outside. It started here in Dayton at around 4 or so, had an inch within the hour. I left work at 4:30...drove home at about 10mph and slid all over! EEK! Took me 45 minutes--usually only takes 20. It is still snowing and there are maybe 3 or 4 inches out there already (it's 8 p.m. now). So BE CAREFUL those of you who are heading east right now.
I think our good mojo danced worked. Could you imagine if we were all driving to CLE in this??!! The boys will be briging the sun with them!

We're in a winter wonderland down in Cincy as well - took me 3 hours and 10 minutes from my office in downtown Cinci to Mason. (25 miles) No, I'm not kidding. I am counting on the powers that be to have this all gone by the time I head up north!

Wow oh wow big change of plans...I will be in Cleveland tomorrow night, rather than Sat. Morning...maybe I'll come party with you guys :wink: j/k

Mom finally decided that leaving at three WAS a good idea so I'm skipping the basketball game...

btw miroslava if this is the basket ball game your referring to, the one I keep mentioning...It's my high school's basketball game... I'm in the pep band.

bono_212 said:
Wow oh wow big change of plans...I will be in Cleveland tomorrow night, rather than Sat. Morning...maybe I'll come party with you guys :wink: j/k

Mom finally decided that leaving at three WAS a good idea so I'm skipping the basketball game...

btw miroslava if this is the basket ball game your referring to, the one I keep mentioning...It's my high school's basketball game... I'm in the pep band.

you should come to the hard rock cafe then! :yes:

and there's a basketball game tomorrow at the Q, is what miroslava meant.

Ok I thought so, I just didn't see anyone mentioning...I thought maybe i'd mentioned MY basketball game a few too many times. :reject:

I'm under 21...can I go to the Hard Rock Cafe??? Never been
:huh:

bono_212 said:
Ok I thought so, I just didn't see anyone mentioning...I thought maybe i'd mentioned MY basketball game a few too many times. :reject:

I'm under 21...can I go to the Hard Rock Cafe??? Never been
:huh:

yes you can. im only 20, so im underage too. lol but it shouldnt be a problem..ive been there many many times!

bono_212 said:

:lol:

Noh hon, I mean a game at the Q :)

Yeah biaKilt fixed that....:wink:

So mom's thinking we might be pushing our budget a little if we got the HRC but I'll convince her on the way to Cleveland...she's stuck with me in a car for 5.5 hours :evil:

Dodododo so I changed my countdown timer from 5:00 PM tomorrow to 12:00 tonight....

Now I'm extremely :crazy: about getting all packed up tonight....

Oh jeez time is not on my side :huh:

Does anyone know of a cheap hotel in the general area we could stay in on Fri?

And for the record, just to say...I'm 18 in case people thought I was slightly younger *cough* miroslava* /cough

:lol: I knew you were in the 17/18 range... Did I sound like I thought you were younger? If I did I apologize. :D

Eng Girl

I clicked on pm but it said I did not have access because I am not a *premium* member.:huh:

Would you mind sending me an email so I can give you my cell phone number just in case ? sethvincent1969@yahoo.com

I tried to get my mind off of Saturday night by watching Survivor then Cinderella Man but no dice I kept thinking about City Of Blinding Lights and leaving on Saturday morning :dancing:

My wife bought us three small disposable cameras today from WalMart :camera:

JD have a safe drive tomorrow afternoon

I have that feeling in the pit of my stomache like a nervousness is that normal ?:help:

OOOOOOOOH...since I'm changing my plans to earlier tomorrow I reset the countdown timer to midnight (I know I already said that)

37:52 til The music video for City of Blinding Lights is going to pop up :hyper:

Oh and I was only kidding Miro...:wink:

incedentally, how did all those people end up with a picture when you click their name on the first page ot this thread?

Last edited:
bono_212, Try the hotels by the airport they usually go for 50ish bucks a night, or at I77 and I480 there are a bunch of hotels. Try www.travelnow.com for prices and such. If you got any questions just fire away.

MIDNIGHT! :hyper:

TODAY IS THE DAY TODAY IS THE DAY TODAY IS THE DAY

I CAN'T HOLD THE EXCITEMENT IN ANY LONGER...NO NO I CAN'T

andrew I saw the prices of those hotesl...I just don't want to be THAT far away from the arena.....

10 mins is too far? Downtown you won't get anything below 90ish. You save 40+ bucks but going a few miles down the road...!

Last edited:
Oh it's only ten minutes? I was getting ten and fifteen miles

Just took my winter weather gear on a test run...I'm feeling good gotta love water proof tennis shoes.

An expressway runs direct from the airport to downtown... I just MapQuested it from a hotel to the Rock Hall(didn't know the Qs addy off hand) and it said 12 mins and the Rock Hall is on the other side of downtown.

Ok... That's cool then I'll look in that area for a hotel

Um...how hard is it to come by a taxi in Cleveland?

What do you need a taxi for? Where are you looking to go? I bet I can firgure out a way you won't need one. :wink:

Well I am staying at the Holiday Inn Select or something or other and it's a mile from the areana...i was told it was a little under that orignally but now I see it's not...I need to run there a couple times Sat. from the GA line, and it's kind of a long walk in that weather.

No taxi needed. It would be alot of work to get one and cost money. Your best bet would be to walk to the northwest corner of the arena and go look for doors, go down the stairs to the walkway, take that nice, heated, walk for 100 yards or so then you are in Tower City Mall... follow signs for RTA in the basement and hop on the waterfront line, take it to the final stop and bam you are at your hotel. According to your hotel's website:

RTA
Train Station Name: RTA
Train Station Distance 0.25 MI / 0.4 KM S (I know its closer than that though...!)
Complimentary Train Station Shuttle

Its 3 dollars for an all day pass... and runs till after midnight so you could take it back afterwards(thats what I'm doing!).

See your hotel here: http://cleveland.citysearch.com/map?mode=geo&id=7987416&map_lat=415064&map_lon=-816900&fid=9& See where E. 9th cross the train track? Thats the station.

It seems like alot of work, but Cleveland isn't NY... taxis just don't drive around.

Though I've made the walk from the Q area to the Holiday Inn area many times(to get to the Greyhound station) and it really isn't that bad... 10/15 min walk one way.

By the way I'm 18 too... nice to see I'm not one of the only "younger" folks here!

Last edited:
7:40a.m. Friday T Minus One Day :lock:

Couldn't sleep last night ..... went to bed about 12:30a.m. woke up twice thinking about Saturday night's concert finally just got up about 6a.m.

Well quick question for anyone willing to answer

I will be driving from Dayton to Cleveland tomorrow morning and I have one ETS GA Ticket so I have to go to the 4p.m. thingy :huh:

My two teenage children have reserved seats anyone know a good place to park after the ETS event ? This is my first U2 concert so bare with me ...... please.

Would you suggest parking at the arena before the dinner @ The Harp or anyone know somewhere I can do so afterwards without having to walk five miles to Gund ?

O boy I am rambling ...... good thing today is half day @ work

Vincent

Morning all!! Despite the snow my plane was on time and I made it to Cleveland!!! Leaving for Buffalo in a few hours and hopefully back in the middle of the night. I could not sleep last night either....so excited.....
EVERYBODY TRAVEL SAFE!!!

Morning all! The massive snow storm they predicted was a bit of a bust. We got a light dusting, but I'm not complaining. The wind is a biotch right now though. Wind chill is 2 degrees.. brrrr!!

Save travels to all coming up today!

Back
Top Bottom