Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ugh, just asked mom if we could leave at three and she said NO! We are not leaving at least until 9....that's so not cool :sad:

O/T anyone seen the Grammy nominees? I swear...if U2 loses album of the year I'll be ok, but if U2 loses it to :barf: the Emancipation of MiMi :barf: I swear I will :barf:

Last edited:
macfesto said:
Time for Lift Off...

Like landing a 7-4-7 onto your front lawn...easy!

Especially in this weather :)

Wish us luck!!

Have a great night everyone...see you in Hoth...I mean...Cleveland ;)

HELLO //

HELLO//

If only we were cool enough to have Tauntauns...

Okay, I officially revealed my dorkdum :huh:

Oh darn.. I tried to link a photo of myself but can't. I guess you all will have to guess what I look like then.

bono_212 said:
Ugh, just asked mom if we could leave at three and she said NO! We are not leaving at least until 9....that's so not cool :sad:

O/T anyone seen the Grammy nominees? I swear...if U2 loses album of the year I'll be ok, but if U2 loses it to :barf: the Emancipation of MiMi :barf: I swear I will :barf:

Nominations suck this year.. I can't stand Mariah or Gwen, so I think they're undeserved. Gwen's solo work is horrible.

atomicpink said:

If only we were cool enough to have Tauntauns...

Okay, I officially revealed my dorkdum :huh:

Oh darn.. I tried to link a photo of myself but can't. I guess you all will have to guess what I look like then.

Tauntauns!!!!!!! I had a tauntaun action figure!!! OK, just revealed deeper level of dorkdom AND age (and the fact that my addiction to horses was so out-of-control at 12 that I wanted even the interstellar version of a horse!!)
(I'm concerned that you are all beginning to be a little afraid of me...:| )

enggirl said:

Tauntauns!!!!!!! I had a tauntaun action figure!!! OK, just revealed deeper level of dorkdom AND age (and the fact that my addiction to horses was so out-of-control at 12 that I wanted even the interstellar version of a horse!!)
(I'm concerned that you are all beginning to be a little afraid of me...:| )

Haha!! Its okay, I STILL have my Tauntaun action figure! And the Luke that goes with it!

I don't know what a Tauntaun is, so I am only a little afraid...

Is it some sort of sci-fi geekiness? Cause I draw the line at that. UNLESS, you guys can talk Dark Angel with me, specifically specimen X5-494

:shifty:

:lol:

Miroslava said:
I don't know what a Tauntaun is, so I am only a little afraid...

Is it some sort of sci-fi geekiness? Cause I draw the line at that. UNLESS, you guys can talk Dark Angel with me, specifically specimen X5-494

:shifty:

The tauntaun was the horsey/quasi-furry dinosaury thing that Luke rode on the snowy planet at the beginning of Empire Strikes Back (?? I hope that's right ?? I haven't seen it since it came out and I was 12! If I got it wrong, may I be shunned by the SW contingent of the line!) So my Sci-fi geekiness pretty much ends there...and I never saw an eppy of Dark Angel (sorry!)

WE HAVE THREE THREADS!!! :rockon:

so, no lineup til 10:00 AM? Forget that. I'll still show up at 5:00. I want a spot on the rail or to be in the front in the ellipse!

Sorry if this was already asked, but does the fan club line go in first or something? Is there any advantage to it or is it just a way to split up the lines? Also, how will they know you're a U2.com member? Is it printed on the presale tickets (my friend is the one who has them actually, not me, otherwise I'd look myself!)?

I'm hoping they cancel school tomorrow... if so, I may be able to leave earlier than 6:00 PM, which would be nice, cuz it's a six hour drive :huh:

TWO DAYS!!!! :rockon:

As of now, Saturday is the only day they're not predicting snow in Cleveland.

Partly Cloudy/Sun

High: 33°
Low: 28°

Saturday: Partly cloudy skies. High 33F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph.

AtomicBono said:

Sorry if this was already asked, but does the fan club line go in first or something? Is there any advantage to it or is it just a way to split up the lines? Also, how will they know you're a U2.com member? Is it printed on the presale tickets (my friend is the one who has them actually, not me, otherwise I'd look myself!)?

Somebody other than me please take this one :crack:

Last edited:
Anyone else staying at the Renaissance? I won't get there until Saturday afternoon, but I hope to meet up with some others, I am so excited I can't stand it.

Miroslava I will call you guys when I am getting on the road, hopefully sometime around 5 or 6....

Does anyone know anything about construction in Toledo on the turnpike? One of my coworkers said for Thanksgiving they were going to Cleveland and at some exit they needed to take near Toledo the exit was closed, had to go 30 minutes out of their way. Anyone know anything?

Last edited:
AtomicBono said:

At most if not all venues, when there has been a regular line and a fan line, both go in together. Some places are better than others about checking tickets/proof of fanclub membership. Basically, when you are near the front of the line (and most of us psychos getting there early are fan club members) it rarely matters. But you have the option to stay in either line for whatever gets you closer to the front of that line.

AtomicBono said:

Ok, the two lines (reg. GA and Fan club GA) usually go in at the same time. Your ticket will say something like "T-Fan" or some letter -Fan on the right hand side. That says it's a fan club ticket. OR you could bring a print out of your U2.com Membership profile of U2.com. You can show either the fan ticket or your Membership print out to get into the U2.com line.

:wink:

Samantha

harmony29 said:
Anyone else staying at the Renaissance? I won't get there until Saturday afternoon, but I hope to meet up with some others, I am so excited I can't stand it.

my friends and i are staying at the Renaissance. wont be at the hotel at all, til after the show.
we'll be there friday though. for a little bit at least.
im forcing my friends to stand in line with me at 4 am! haha

bonosloveslave said:
Miroslava I will call you guys when I am getting on the road, hopefully sometime around 5 or 6....

Does anyone know anything about construction in Toledo on the turnpike? One of my coworkers said for Thanksgiving they were going to Cleveland and at some exit they needed to take near Toledo the exit was closed, had to go 30 minutes out of their way. Anyone know anything?

Last time I went up to Detriot there was construction through Toledo. Instead of cutting straight through the city in I-280 you had to go to where I-75 meets I-80 (Ohio Turnpike). This is assuming you are coming from Michigan though, and I'm not sure if that's still the case as far as the highways go.

bonosloveslave said:

We did have a problem making the I-75 Hmm I-80 or I-81 interchange (something like that) but it wasnt anything major when we were going to Pittsburgh. It was well marked and hmm oh hell, I don't know. I had just met April and Lies that day, we were going to go see U2 and we might have been busy chit chatting :lol:

We got there though, in plenty good time too :D

And thank you for answering that one... I have answered it one to many times already. No offense AtomicBono :kiss:

ETA: Yeah, what atomicpink said :D

enggirl said:

The tauntaun was the horsey/quasi-furry dinosaury thing that Luke rode on the snowy planet at the beginning of Empire Strikes Back (?? I hope that's right ?? I haven't seen it since it came out and I was 12! If I got it wrong, may I be shunned by the SW contingent of the line!) So my Sci-fi geekiness pretty much ends there...and I never saw an eppy of Dark Angel (sorry!)

Yep, you got it right! Hoth was the frozen ice planet, hence Macfesto's reference/comparison to what it will be like in Cleveland this weekend.

Um, yeah. Snowing like a BEEEOOOOOTCH here (Chicago) right now. Total Hoth.

Last edited:
bonosloveslave, I-280 was closed last week... just stay on 75 and it hits the turnpike, though 280 may be open.. .they open it every now and then.

AtomicBono said:
Thanks bonosloveslave and staylorz...that makes sense, if you've been waiting all day it shouldn't matter whether you're a fan club member or not, really.

Sorry Miroslava, I ask too many questions :lol: I'm just a little nervous (not to mention EXTREMELY excited!!), I wanna make sure I do everything right for my first GA experience! :rockon:

has everyone seen this?? :cute: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/si_video/2005/12/07/bonobrady2.SportsIllustrated.html

Happy to help! :D

Sam

Atomic Bono did you read my post way way way back when? Lol...

Ok so anyway......................I was on my way home from school and Feed the World came on (is it sad that I spent the whole song waiting for Bono's solo to come on and then trying to pick his voice out from the others throught the rest? :nerd: )

AtomicBono you live in Indy? Are you sure you canmake it to Cleveland in 6 hours? I live in Michigan City (Valpo or South Bend if you know where those are...Northern In ) and it's gonna take me at least five

It's snowing like crazy...My band director even let Jazz band out early....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO SCHOOL TOMORROW...that would take a lot of the stress of those last minutes till takeoff off of my mind.

Last edited:
We are also staying at the Renaissance, but won't arrive until Saturday afternoon (we don't have floor tickets, unless the ticket gods take major pity on me between now and Saturday...anyone?).

I'm typing in my apron, as I've been busy this afternoon making cookies for the GA line. Seriously.

I'm in Columbus, and the weather people have been telling us since yesterday that we were going to get a big storm today. So far, not one single snowflake. Let's just hope everyone has a safe trip.

:lmao: hahahahaha I just watched your link AtomicBono

:bono: We have a lot in common Tom, we're both tall...well....maybe not.

Cookies for anyone in the GA line? Damn thats better than being VIP or whatever... I'd die for some homemade cookies!

bono_212 said:
Atomic Bono did you read my post way way way back when? Lol...

Ok so anyway......................I was on my way home from school and Feed the World came on (is it sad that I spent the whole song waiting for Bono's solo to come on and then trying to pick his voice out from the others throught the rest? :nerd: )

AtomicBono you live in Indy? Are you sure you canmake it to Cleveland in 6 hours? I live in Michigan City (Valpo or South Bend if you know where those are...Northern In ) and it's gonna take me at least five

It's snowing like crazy...My band director even let Jazz band out early....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO SCHOOL TOMORROW...that would take a lot of the stress of those last minutes till takeoff off of my mind.

Yes I did read your post, and I agree, let's go have a party somewhere, forget all these old people! :wink: j/k, I love you all.

I'll actually be coming from Bloomington, where my mom lives, and according to mapquest the drive will take 6 hours and 9 minutes. Now, mapquest isn't right about everything but it sounds like a pretty good estimation... but with this bad weather who knows :huh:

I really hope they cancel school but I doubt my school system will; they're notorious for not cancelling school and the snow has stopped at what appears to be 3-4 in. :slant: oh well...

I did a 5-7 page paper about protest music last year (it ended up being 8 pages; I had to cut it down!) which was rather fun, but I'm less than looking forward to a paper on Joseph Pulitzer...oh well, there are much less interesting things. But right now my brain wants to write a 500 page paper on why I love U2 and Bono is hot, not Jospeh Pulitzer.

Merge onto I-70 E toward COLUMBUS. 52.0 miles
Merge onto I-270 N via EXIT 93B toward CLEVELAND. 17.5 miles Merge onto I-71 N via EXIT 26B toward CLEVELAND. 129.2 miles I-71 N becomes I-90 E. 1.0 miles
Merge onto US-422 W / OH-14 W / OH-8 W / OH-87 N via EXIT 171B toward ONTARIO ST.

JD & Eng does this look ok to U2 ?

See any *problem* areas ?

Vincent

P.S. I am considering giving U2 my cell phone number just in case you run into any problems because both of you will be ahead of me in leave time. I just was not sure if I should post it here.

thanks for all the great line-up info... i plan to get there as soon as I can drag my husband out of bed! (this is my first show with GA tkts) How many of you are going to the Mercury Lounge Friday night to see the U2 cover band?

deweyluvsu2 said:
thanks for all the great line-up info... i plan to get there as soon as I can drag my husband out of bed! (this is my first show with GA tkts) How many of you are going to the Mercury Lounge Friday night to see the U2 cover band?

i'd go to the mercury lounge if it wasnt 21+! damn them..too bad i couldnt have been born a year earlier. they should just let me in any way. lol

Back
Top Bottom