Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miroslava

ONE love, blood, life
'Cause we're chatty ones :wink:

Original thread: http://forum.interference.com/t119264.html
Many general questions answered there! Please read!

Here's the list of interferencers going to the show:

General Admission
enggirl and sister (Tiffani and Dena)
beverly 56 and hubby!
April (LMPA)
Beth (bonosloveslave)
Michelle (BonoIsAGod)
Miroslava
Catlady
Scarletwine
Bonoinakilt
fair trade
Party Girl Man
macfesto
PartyGirl43
AtomicBono
Alec (AtomicBono's friend!)
thequeenofohiou
staylorz and hubby!
Ultraviolette & mom--who got me into U2 17 years ago!
Ruffian
xERINx
Gabrielvox
Solacevip (Mark)
alexdescending (andrea)
MrBrau1 and brother
~LadyLemon~ and brother
2orangecats (Stacy)
Benno3 (Ben) and his friend Christy
samralf and husband
Wildhit and girlfriend
U2grace and friend
bono_212
atomicpink and significant other
CloserToKnowing
SethVincent (with children in seats)
ladyhawke34 and friend

Seats
jd45177 and son - Section 125
Kyra1 and husband
ARW
Kariann
Schmeg
Wannabe (Matt) & Erica - Section 213
LivLuvandBootlegMusic (Lies) & Got Philk? (Phil) :hyper:
Rachel (Catlady's friend)

Last edited:
Other important stuff:
Line up area:
bridge.jpg

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1+Cen...01,-81.687738&spn=0.003328,0.010192&t=h&hl=en

Scarletwine [/i][b] It is on the opposite side of the overview of the flats. There's a small street just before the arena and you turn right into there. The srupid garage doesn't open til 4:00 but there is outside parking right across the street. [/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by thequeenofohiou said:
i just called the q as well, and the woman i talked to confirmed the aforementioned about not lining up until 7 am, and letting people in 90 minutes before the show in increments of 100. for those who are not familiar with cleveland or the q arena, the northeast side is on east 6th street, if that helps.

BEVERLY56 said:
I just called. A woman told me the official policy wont come out til next week, but for past events with GA: Absolutely no camping out, not allowed. Line will form "at daybreak" at N.E. end of building near the box office. Didnt sound like wristbands would be given out, she said they would come out, take 100 people in at a time, come out for the next 100... now whether she really knows or not... guess we'll have to wait til next week, but it sounds like perhaps another numbers on hands kind of day.

Scarletwine said:
The dock is one the opposite side of the Q from the (maybe) GA line. It is right on a busy street.

gabrielvox said:

The ETS pre-party to pick up your tickets:

The Harp http://www.the-harp.com/

Apparently this is not a huge bash, more of a cocktail/dinner pick up your tickets type thing. No band. The Harp does list some Hillbilly band or something for later that night.

For U2 fans before and after the show, my good friends in the Cleveland based band ZOOSTATION are staging a great show at The Mercury Lounge. http://www.themercurylounge.com/ A great tribute to our favorite band, don't go expecting to see Macphisto suits and fly glasses, but do go with your requests as they love to play requests of songs screamed at them! :)

That's where I'll be, anyways...any of you who were at the first Cleveland Rock Hall of Fame event and came over to see ZOO after know just what I'm talkin about! :wink:

Zoostation's site: http://www.zoostation.biz

See you in Cleveland!

jd45177 said:
Current 10-Day weather forecast at The Weather Channel is showing an upward trend for the high temp the latter part of next week.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USOH0195?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

I tend to follow The National Weather Service and the farthest in advance that they forecast is 7 days.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapCli...e=3&site=cle&CiTemplate=1&map.x=179&map.y=113

BEVERLY56 said:
Tower City is close by, with a food court, as are many bar/restaurants. Across from The Jake on E 9th is Alice Cooperstown which is a very cool place, you can go and warm up and get something to eat. There's alot of little places like that (dont know what time they open though - probably not til lunch). All in all, I dont think it will be a bad day. Its good that the venue is right in the center of a busy part of town.

Last edited:
I put my name on the list...

Loaded up on hand/feet/body warmers :up:

The coat/multiple layers thing is going to suck for inside the arena - I'm thinking I will stash a garbage bag in my coat so I can put my coat and extra shirts in there. If it gets stepped on, no big deal, won't get dirty.

For AtomicBono - something that has worked for me for other shows for signs (though they haven't WORKED for what I wanted them to :mad: ) is to write on a white pillowcase - easily folds up into your pocket.

And something to give you all a little hope - Cleveland weather is usally similar to Michigan weather. When my husband and I got married on December 5th, 1998, the high for the day was 62. Not exactly the Christmas-ey feel I was going for, but not really complaining. 2 of our anniversaries have been unseasonably warm as well. So there is hope! :)

Last edited:
There are cafes & bathrooms very near. Tower City Center is a block away and has a big food court & bathrooms also.

This makes me veeerrry happy. :D

Samantha

bonosloveslave said:

For AtomicBono - something that has worked for me for other shows for signs (though they haven't WORKED for what I wanted them to :mad: ) is to write on a white pillowcase - easily folds up into your pocket.

Thanks for the tip! :up: sorry they haven't worked yet :sad: maybe this time?? :sexywink:

If Cleveland weather is like Michigan weather then maybe it's also like Indiana weather - the only thing predictable about it is it's incredibly unpredictable. Though it's been mostly pretty cold here the last couple weeks :angry: but I remember last January it kept being unusually warm and it rained so much that the streets were flooding :lol: you'd expect SNOW in January, but noooo. that's indiana for you. and global warming.

I was thinking maybe of having my mom (the one with the car) come by the arena like a half hour or so before they let us in (when do they start letting people in?) and dropping off our heavy coats and other stuff in the car. Do you think that would work or would people get upset if we left the line and then came back so close to go time?

I can't believe we have two threads for this show. We must be the most awesome people on the planet or something. ONE WEEK!!! :rockon:

Grrrrr...how comes our pics arent up there Miroslava??? huh huh??

:wink:

re: signs...I can tell you one thing about signs....there is only a couple of times per show that the band esp Bono wants to see signs....and if you catch his eye the first time, and see him reading it, holding it up numerous times after that will likely only piss him off....just what I've been told anyhoo...

G

'cause everyone else BROUGHT me the pictures they wanted me to link. So hmmmpf!

What am I, your mother? grumble grumble grumble :rant:

:sexywink:

gabrielvox said:
Grrrrr...how comes our pics arent up there Miroslava??? huh huh??

:wink:

re: signs...I can tell you one thing about signs....there is only a couple of times per show that the band esp Bono wants to see signs....and if you catch his eye the first time, and see him reading it, holding it up numerous times after that will likely only piss him off....just what I've been told anyhoo...

G

And yup, that was part of my "signs" advise on the other thread :up:

This is just b/c I must post on Cle II since I posted so much on Cle I!!! We RAWK!
RE: the weather. Yeah, OH weather is not the best this time of year. Right now it's doing that sleet thing where you can hear it hit the sidewalk...um, yeah, times like this I miss the desert! Reminds me of last Christmas when I went out of town and did the happy dance in a Phoenix airport when CNN showed Dayton snowed IN for 3 days--and we *just* mised it! It looks like our good mojo dance worked a bit. Let's try for 40 degrees!
Did a count and I might have 3 sleeping bags if anyone needs to borrow one...

^^GA or seats? :hyper:

Miroslava said:

You added it in the purrrrrfect spot too :yes:

Now let's cross our fingers for a repeat :happy:

Well, I was just going for alphabetical insertion into our little group :whistle:

And I :love: that pic - I must have missed when you posted it before! :heart:

As for signs, I have given up. I had an idea but I think it is too sickeningly cutesy. And no I'm not telling what it is cuz I would have to kill/maim someone if they used it an it worked...

**ahem**

But I do have another idea for something to try to catch a certain someone's attention :shh:

They're going to play "Original of The Species", and my brother and myself are going to sing along with pure fucking joy.

Pure fucking joy i tell ya.

MrBrau1 said:
They're going to play "Original of The Species", and my brother and myself are going to sing along with pure fucking joy.

Pure fucking joy i tell ya.
''

:drool: They'd better play OOTS. They didn't play it in the spring when I saw them. But it's okay because now they've perfected it :drool:

bonosloveslave said:

And I :love: that pic - I must have missed when you posted it before! :heart:

April posted it in LS. I hate my face in that one (cause I am trying to look normal while holding the camera), but still love it just 'cause. :love:

Ok a few things...I think I'm going I'm 99% possitive in fact.

GAs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So uh, I live in Indinana...practically in Chicago....our weather forcast is calling for partly cloudy 32 degrees....so that's that...

When I went to the concert in Chicago I missed the group as they walked by: PLEASE SOMEONE STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING TO ME AGAIN. It is my favorite teachers deepest wish to get an autograph for Christmas.

Speaking of autographs, how hard is it go get pictures and autographs?

Any answers are amazingly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all.

bono_212 said:
Speaking of autographs, how hard is it go get pictures and autographs?

Any answers are amazingly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all.

Congratulations! :hyper:

As to your other question, as you can well imagine, it is nearly impossible to tell you what the chances are of any autographs/pictures etc. It depends on many factors, including what time they arrive, how they're feeling, the weather... Even if they come out, often it will be specified that they do not have time to pose for pictures or sign autographs but will only go down the line and shake hands. Of course even when this is said, some people will get pics/autographs but often times it's up to the band member upon hearing something they liked, etc.

So good luck :D

EEEEE!!! It's less than a week now!!
:hyper: But it's just so sad that it's my last show this tour... :sad:

Sam

How funny are you Miroslava, posting the cam! And how dumb am I thinking "Oh, wow...I wonder what it looks like in Cleveland right now..." Um. It's 10:30...it's *dark*! I'm afraid I'm just going to get stupider as the week goes on...

Went to the bank yesterday to get the tix out of the safety deposit box (I was so freaked out that the house would burn down sometime between March and now that I locked them up nice & safe!--now I just have to keep the house from burning down before Friday night!)

:lmao:

Safe deposit box?

Ok, that is awesomely dorky :love:

But seriously, stay away from matches :uhoh:

Miroslava said:
:lmao:

Safe deposit box?

Ok, that is awesomely dorky :love:

But seriously, stay away from matches :uhoh:

I remember about a zillion posts back you said that you were dorky--maybe you & me will have to throw down in a Dorky Death Match! :nerd:

enggirl said:
How funny are you Miroslava, posting the cam! And how dumb am I thinking "Oh, wow...I wonder what it looks like in Cleveland right now..." Um. It's 10:30...it's *dark*! I'm afraid I'm just going to get stupider as the week goes on...

Went to the bank yesterday to get the tix out of the safety deposit box (I was so freaked out that the house would burn down sometime between March and now that I locked them up nice & safe!--now I just have to keep the house from burning down before Friday night!)

hahah...I Did the exact same thing...I work at the bank though and get a free Safe Deposit Box, so what the hell!? why not?

Take these tickets...and keep...them...safe...

James//

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom