Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is that I believe it.
You have a little intense look to you!

:uhoh:

:lol:

:sexywink:

I'm not stranger....in the eyes of the maker... as Daniel Lanois would say hahaha...

thanks for noticing my intensity!!!!! AHHHH INTENSITY!!!

hehe ;)

James//

nice try G-man, but you can't see my eyes for the CoeXisT blindfold...and since it's enchanted with a +10 Touch of Bono....no contest hahhhah

Okay, so I am a dork ;) hehehe...

James//

Driving up from Cincy Friday night...hope to be in town around 2 or 3am. Also hope to get some sleep during the day - - - as I'm planning on driving back after the concert - - YIKES!!!!

From the thread, it sounds as if there's a fair number of folks coming up from the Queen city. See you there

funny thing about the COEXIST headband...

In Montreal at the party there were these three dudes who were in the front row....they all had the headbands on....so during SBS of course they were pointing at them and everything...so I motioned for one of them to give me it...and when he did it was so wet and sweaty that I couldnt get it on....kinda yuck!!

I fiddled with it for a good minute while the band played on and finally just got fed up..lol.. I ended up having to just hang it on the mic stand..

Guess I need my own headband... :lol:

Just an FYI for anyone looking for rooms/other lodging info. The Marriott Key (looks a bit westish from the Q--but not far at all) has a package deal: 1-night stay, free parking, free breakdfast and 2 tix to RRHoF. I stayed there last year on one of my 2 trips to the rock hall (yeah, Miroslava, I dorked out that much and saw the U2 exhibit TWICE b/c part of it changed halfway through :nerd: )
It's a Niiiiiiiiice place. The package deal may seem pricey, but when you figure out how much a lot of hotels are and figure in parking, food and tix, it's not too bad.
I figured nice sheets might be jsut the thing after many of us spend 10 hours on a sidewalk!

gabrielvox said:
funny thing about the COEXIST headband...

In Montreal at the party there were these three dudes who were in the front row....they all had the headbands on....so during SBS of course they were pointing at them and everything...so I motioned for one of them to give me it...and when he did it was so wet and sweaty that I couldnt get it on....kinda yuck!!

I fiddled with it for a good minute while the band played on and finally just got fed up..lol.. I ended up having to just hang it on the mic stand..

Guess I need my own headband... :lol:

Wow...that is really gross....haha Just fashion your own out of fabric Gabriel!

great story though ;)

James//

That hotel sounds great, beause you see I got these tickets for my mom for Christmas, and she's taking me to the RRHOF for my Christmas present. I've never been there, she's never been to a U2 concert. So I'll have to look into that hotel.

Thx.

The RRHOF is a good place to visit.. its really nice when they have special exhibits. I won a contest to tour the vault w/one of my other favorite musicians (Matt Nathanson) and it was incredible. The RRHOF guy pulled out Bono's Green Falcon from the vault that he played in the super bowl and dropped the pick on the ground. I just about died and took a nose dive to retrive it but the RRHOF guy got to it first. It would've been a great souviner!!

That Marriot really isn't far from the Q at all. I'd say a 5, 10 minute walk max. About 10 minute walk to the RRHOF.

Just checked the rates I really can't afford that one :sad: and it's booked anyway :sad:

So...I'm going to the Holiday Inn as originally planned

Well I've gotta go to work now, I'll enjoy reading up on all the insanity that James has to say when I get back

j/k James

atomicpink said:
The RRHOF is a good place to visit.. its really nice when they have special exhibits. I won a contest to tour the vault w/one of my other favorite musicians (Matt Nathanson) and it was incredible. The RRHOF guy pulled out Bono's Green Falcon from the vault that he played in the super bowl and dropped the pick on the ground. I just about died and took a nose dive to retrive it but the RRHOF guy got to it first. It would've been a great souviner!!

That Marriot really isn't far from the Q at all. I'd say a 5, 10 minute walk max. About 10 minute walk to the RRHOF.

Really? That close from Key to Q? Cool! I've walked from Key to RRHoF--um, can you say WINDY?? But if it's just a shortish walk to hotel...
altho, have to take into consideration chairs, sleeping bags, and all other assorted crap. I don't remember packing this much for my last camping trip! :)

bono_212 said:
Just checked the rates I really can't afford that one :sad: and it's booked anyway :sad:

So...I'm going to the Holiday Inn as originally planned

Well I've gotta go to work now, I'll enjoy reading up on all the insanity that James has to say when I get back

j/k James

Oh, that's too bad--Well, I hope you can get into Holiday Inn! You guys should all have fun there!
Oh, and don't encourage him (shhh...you know who I'm talking about. Saying his name just gives him more power) :shh:

INSANITY!!! hahaha

I'll gladly share some ...not that we U2 fans are short on it...

the uninitiated will never understand ;)

James//

I looked at the menu for the Blue Point Grille and OMG, I was salivating all afternoon. It looks like it's just a cpl of mins from the Key Marriott, everything is going to be within walking distance. With the thought of a nice warm bed, scrumptious food, going to the RRHOF, seeing U2 and with James' cheerleading and Miroslava's dancing, I'M HYPED!

enggirl said:

Really? That close from Key to Q? Cool! I've walked from Key to RRHoF--um, can you say WINDY?? But if it's just a shortish walk to hotel...
altho, have to take into consideration chairs, sleeping bags, and all other assorted crap. I don't remember packing this much for my last camping trip! :)

Yeah, downtown Cleveland really isn't that big of an area.

Alrighty then, they're finally letting us out of the dungeon.. have a good night!

macfesto said:
INSANITY!!! hahaha

I'll gladly share some ...not that we U2 fans are short on it...

the uninitiated will never understand ;)

James//

I have been following all these posts all day and all I can say is a share the insanity and am a useless social worker as all I can think about is U2. No one here shares the insanity or remotely understands, thank goodness for you all.
May they end with Crumbs, Bad, Yahweh, 40....

jd45177 said:
I looked at the menu for the Blue Point Grille and OMG, I was salivating all afternoon. It looks like it's just a cpl of mins from the Key Marriott, everything is going to be within walking distance. With the thought of a nice warm bed, scrumptious food, going to the RRHOF, seeing U2 and with James' cheerleading and Miroslava's dancing, I'M HYPED!

Do they still have the Lobster Mashed Potatos?.....mmmmm.....

Anyhoo..it is a great place, well worth it. Live like a rock star ;). Just don't trash the hotel room.
:laugh:

would gluing the furniture to the ceiling be trashing? hahah

I'll apologize for the bubbles overflowing from the Jacuzzi later ;) haha

Giggity Giggity Goo

James//

Last edited:
Alright, half my face is numb from going to the dentist but here goes 'nother dance

:dancing::hyper::dancing:
..:hyper::dancing::hyper:
:dancing::hyper::dancing:
......:dancing:

Last edited:
JD - There's a great seafood restaurant on the west side called Don's Lighthouse. I went there for a Homecoming dinner a few years ago back in my high school days, and while it is a little pricey and upscale, and certainly not in walking distance, the food's great. I know they have a website, I'm sure if you do a search you'll find it easily.

And to whoever is staying in that Key Marriot - while you're a little closer to Browns Stadium than the Gund, it's not a bad hike at all...not to mention your hotel is attached to the tallest skyskraper we have in Cleveland.

4 days!!! :hyper:

-Tim

Excited? EXCITED? WHO IS EXCITED ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? I checked ticket prices on Ebay today, there are a TON of them up for auction! They are actually going for reasonable (remember, that's a relative term) prices. There are a couple listings for 2 GA's where they're asking $600 or $700 - with no bids.

Still thinking warm thoughts and doing that dance...

700 bucks reasonable for a 50 dollar ticket?!?

I'm actually thinking about picking up a single ticket off ebay... some nice deals... but I'm holding out for more ticket drops(some beautiful lower bowl seats were available today).

I'm pumped but I don't have a ticket and can't afford any tickets bu the 50 dollar ones... so hopefully I'll land something good... I never saw U2 before!

Anyone else doing ticket drops? I'm still hoping I'll get something off TM.

Last edited:
I have one Cleveland GA via ETS ($190.00) available for sale if anyone needs it....

Hello Hello I'm @ a place called Ohio

I recently joined interference

Thanks to Miroslava for her help

Saturday will be a seventeen year dream fulfilled

In 1987 at the age of 18 and in the Navy a female friend gave me a book to read called The Unforgettable Fire and I have loved U2 and only U2 ever since but I have never ever seen them L*I*V*E

I purchased one ETS GA Package and was able to buy two reserve seat tickets for my two teenage children ( Heather Nichole age 16 1/2 and Joseph Vincent age 14 1/2 )

We will be leaving Dayton Ohio Saturday morning at 8a.m.

I saw a few people on here from the Dayton , Cincinnati and Wilmington Ohio area and just wanted to let you all know that there is some talk of us getting snow on Thursday evening. I hope not alot but just thought I would let you know if you don't already.

Nice to see some U2 Fanatics like myself ......

Vincent

This is my first post

U2 Like Oxygen Only Better :bow:

SethVincent said:
I saw a few people on here from the Dayton , Cincinnati and Wilmington Ohio area and just wanted to let you all know that there is some talk of us getting snow on Thursday evening. I hope not alot but just thought I would let you know if you don't already.

3 - 5 inches is forecasted for Thursday night :yuck:

Geesh, everyone has GA's. I just sold mine on eBay and shipped them this afternoon. I'll be close enough though, Sec 125, Row 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom