Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thequeenofohiou said:
ok, i have a quick question. so since i've been home on my winter break from college, i've been working 2 jobs that basically take up about half of my day, give or take an hour or two. Seeing as I don't get off work until 11 pm on friday night, and am planning on waking up extremely early on saturday, is it going to be ridiculous if i bring a small $20 kiddie tent from Target to sleep in while waiting in line? I want to be fresh and as energized as possible for the show, and i know i'm going to have to catch up on all that lost sleep in line, so i figured if i was in a tent, then at least it wouldn't be as cold.

what do you guys think?

A few of us are bringing tents to hang out in during the day, so no, I wouldn't call it ridiculous...

And Line Enforcer Chip! :love:

Hi! I'm a newbie. Saturday's concert will be my first U2 concert (yay for finally having a steady income!) so I've got about a billion questions that I'm searching for answers to since we're (me and my SO) have GA tix.

What do you all do with your coats and heavily winter weather artillery once you get inside?

I hope it warms up by Saturday. The wind chill here is freezing me today and wind off the lake (near "The Q") will be killer.. :huh:

Also, I can't seem to get on The Q's website, are there going to be two GA lines (FAN and non-FAN?). Does it really matter?

TIA!!

atomicpink said:

What do you all do with your coats and heavily winter weather artillery once you get inside?

Also, I can't seem to get on The Q's website, are there going to be two GA lines (FAN and non-FAN?). Does it really matter?

TIA!!

Welcome and congrats....

As for the coats... you unfortunately have to deal with them as best as you can. There generally is there no coat check (nor time to go drop them off). So you either limit your items and freeze for the last hour or so, or you bring your coat in and deal with it inside as best as you can.

As for the line ups, you will rarely get a mention of the line splitting on any of the venue websites. The line doesnt really break up until instructions are issued to us by the venue (and that doesn't always happen either), so please everyone, be kind to your local line enforcers and do not ask every half hour when the line is breaking up and how it is beraking up :lol: If Allison does her job right, the venue's security will come out at some point and tell us to break it up. If we're lucky, they'll even help us break it up... Worst case scenario, line is broken up into two just based on numerical order.

atomicpink said:
Hi! I'm a newbie. Saturday's concert will be my first U2 concert (yay for finally having a steady income!) so I've got about a billion questions that I'm searching for answers to since we're (me and my SO) have GA tix.

I hope it warms up by Saturday. The wind chill here is freezing me today and wind off the lake (near "The Q") will be killer.. :huh:

TIA!!

Hi! Welcome!
Oh, and yay you for having GAs for your FIRST show--this is my 4th (4th tour) and my first GAs...so you kick butt :)

I'm planning on bringing an empty duffel bag and stuffing coat into it during the show. If it gets stepped on, my coat won't get stepped on and nothing will fall out of the pockets. That's the plan, anyway...
It's only in the teens here today, so 30-ish will be balmy in comparison!

enggirl said:

Hi! Welcome!
Oh, and yay you for having GAs for your FIRST show--this is my 4th (4th tour) and my first GAs...so you kick butt :)

Thanks! These tix were for my SO's birthday and he got snookered in the past in regards to tickets so I was pretty fanatical about getting GAs. (Besides it was a present for him and for ME!!)

I'm not as concerned about the actual temperature number as much as the wind chill. I'm glad my winter coat is rated to -30!! lol I think I'm going to need to bring an industrial sized coffee thermos, though.

I think 6am would land someone in the top 20 for the line up...80-100 people crazy enough for 6am ? I dunno..haha

Wait...I know I'll be there....hahaha

James//

I've shown up at 6:00 am for Chicago shows and gotten high 80s and even a 102, but then again, Chicago shows are a bit different and the weather didn't suck

You also have to remember that this is the last show for a lot of us crazy midwesterners :lol:

And, working in a law firm, you also have to give people a CYA figure ;)

Miroslava said:
I've shown up at 6:00 am for Chicago shows and gotten high 80s and even a 102, but then again, Chicago shows are a bit different and the weather didn't suck

You also have to remember that this is the last show for a lot of us crazy midwesterners :lol:

And, working in a law firm, you also have to give people a CYA figure ;)

haha CYA ;) I love it...

James//

Is there parking across the street from the Q? I wonder where to put the car that early in the morning, or If we should just sprint from the hotel to the arena and send a scout back from the car later..haha...The options...

Plus all the Arctic gear poses a hassle hhaha...

James//

Worst case scenario, a drop is made with all the gear, car is returned to the hotel parking lot. Then, at 4:00 we go get the car, park in the structure and return all the crap to our cars...

I am all over it babe, aaaaaaaaaaaaall over it. My little pea brain thinks of everything! :happy:

Miroslava said:
Worst case scenario, a drop is made with all the gear, car is returned to the hotel parking lot. Then, at 4:00 we go get the car, park in the structure and return all the crap to our cars...

I am all over it babe, aaaaaaaaaaaaall over it. My little pea brain thinks of everything! :happy:

"The package has been delivered.." hahaha...yeah I'm formulating the same scenario(s) haha...

It's to be such a blast, planning is so much fun too hahaha...

Good thing our Hotel isn't that far Miroslava...two blocks I think?

James//

My girlfriend and I are at the Radison, which is right across the street from the arena. :wink: Her dad is also coming with us but not going to the show ( he wanted to check out the RRHF museum) so he's going to be our "runner" while we're in line for food and to take our massive coats before we go in. Pretty nice huh? But don't get too envious, we won't be able to arrive in line till about 11:30.

Not too bad though for our first U2 show EVER though. We'd be happy just being somwhere up close to the outside of the elipse.

Yeah, the hotel is not far James, so it shouldn't be too bad! :hyper:

I am so.READY.TO.GO!!!!

:hyper:

macfesto said:
Is there parking across the street from the Q? I wonder where to put the car that early in the morning, or If we should just sprint from the hotel to the arena and send a scout back from the car later..haha...The options...

Plus all the Arctic gear poses a hassle hhaha...

James//

I think there's a pay lot across the street.. near the Peatersons nut place.. I don't know if anyone will be manning it at that hour though.

Anyone know if the walk way from Tower City will be open at that ungodly hour? TC would be an ideal place to park, but I've never done the walkway over so I don't know if leads directly into the building.

There is an open air parking lot directly across from the Q at the end of the 6th St tunnel in your picture. It's as close as the one was to our line in Pittsburgh and probably easier to get out of than the garage. I doubt they're open at 6:00 am though.

atomicpink said:

I think there's a pay lot across the street.. near the Peatersons nut place.. I don't know if anyone will be manning it at that hour though.

Anyone know if the walk way from Tower City will be open at that ungodly hour? TC would be an ideal place to park, but I've never done the walkway over so I don't know if leads directly into the building.

Thanks for the info atomic ;)

Part of our adventures Friday evening will involve recon of the Q area haha...part of the fun of being a "stranger in a strange land.."

James //

The walkway from Tower City opens 2 hours before the events - it is a great place to park though, especially if you want to eat at the food court there (it's right by the walkway). However, you can park at Tower City (assuming it's open that early), go up a couple escalators and end up right at street level (by the Hard Rock) a block away from the arena.

My best guess for parking would be Tower City or one of the garages connected to "The Q" which probably won't be open...but there's plenty of lots around that immediate area, so you should find something.

Have fun in GA you lucky bastards :wink:

-Tim

tclymer08 said:
The walkway from Tower City opens 2 hours before the events - it is a great place to park though, especially if you want to eat at the food court there (it's right by the walkway). However, you can park at Tower City (assuming it's open that early), go up a couple escalators and end up right at street level (by the Hard Rock) a block away from the arena.

My best guess for parking would be Tower City or one of the garages connected to "The Q" which probably won't be open...but there's plenty of lots around that immediate area, so you should find something.

Have fun in GA you lucky bastards :wink:

-Tim
Will do;)

James//

thequeenofohiou said:
ok, i have a quick question. so since i've been home on my winter break from college, i've been working 2 jobs that basically take up about half of my day, give or take an hour or two. Seeing as I don't get off work until 11 pm on friday night, and am planning on waking up extremely early on saturday, is it going to be ridiculous if i bring a small $20 kiddie tent from Target to sleep in while waiting in line? I want to be fresh and as energized as possible for the show, and i know i'm going to have to catch up on all that lost sleep in line, so i figured if i was in a tent, then at least it wouldn't be as cold.

what do you guys think?

Yeah, I have the same issue. I have a 12 hour clinical on Friday and will be sleeping for a few hours before we start the 3 hr. drive to Cleveland, but I'll need to sleep as much as I can that day in line, since we're driving back to MI that night after the show. So you won't be the only one sleeping in line... which probably means I won't be much fun in line! haha. Oh well, I need my beauty sleep. :wink:

Samantha

Samantha,

Did I get your DETROIT VERTIGO shows to you?? I hope so, I cannot remember...I have this LONG list im still trying to mill through...

Let me know

James//

You're driving back home after show? Wow! :ohmy: Not a suuuuuuuuper long drive, but not one I would want to be doing.

Hopefully we will all get a few naps here and there, though I have never been able to sleep during the daytime at a GA line... we'll see how the cold treats us :yikes:

Miroslava said:

I am so.READY.TO.GO!!!!

:hyper:

Yeah, but that that means that we won't have any other shows to look forward to (for me anyway, since this will be my last). So, I can't wait for the show, but then again I don't want it to come so quickly!

Meh... :sad:

Sam

staylorz said:

Yeah, but that that means that we won't have any other shows to look forward to (for me anyway, since this will be my last). So, I can't wait for the show, but then again I don't want it to come so quickly!

Meh...

Sam

Oh, I just had this same conversation last night. I know exactly what you mean... but I guess we cant have it both ways, so.....

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
:sad: :sad: :sad:
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

women... who can understand us? :lol:

macfesto said:
Samantha,

Did I get your DETROIT VERTIGO shows to you?? I hope so, I cannot remember...I have this LONG list im still trying to mill through...

Let me know

James//

Yeah James! I sent you an email thanking you! Did you skip over it?? :wink: Oh, I was going to send you a list of some disks I have that you might be interested in. You were so nice that I wanted to send you something back!

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom