Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I JUST WANT SOME FRICKIN TICKETS ALREADY :scream:

sorry, t-minus 4 days and I'm getting nervous/anxious/depressed/pissed....

Oh they're going!

If we need to, we will all go on Pittsburgh ticket-getting mode :lol:

macfesto said:
only a few more days left ....

Im stuck at work, and bored...

James//

Me, too, checking this website too often, checking the weather, imagining ideal setlist and generally not being productive.....

BEVERLY56 said:
OK ...he said "What a straanngeee little man!" Honey, just wait - - you gonna stand in the freezing cold 12 hours to see that strange little man!!!!!!

LOL!!!

Little Man!!! Yeah....so cute and little...I just want to EAT HIM!!!!

I should mention that I'm making a sign that says "Bono I'm Under 5 feet tall---Dance with Me"..

Do you thing he'd be offended?

I'd make him look like a giant.......He doesn't get that chance too often :)

PartyGirl43
(who is very small :( )

partygirl43 said:

I should mention that I'm making a sign that says "Bono I'm Under 5 feet tall---Dance with Me"..

Do you thing he'd be offended?

LOL. That'd be really funny. I think he'd laugh! haha. :D

Samantha

I have GAs so I may line up with you all esp. since my hotel is so close. I'll probably chicken out or my husband will want to go sight seeing......oh well...i'll try.

I'm gonna be there with my girlfriend. It's our first U2 show ever! I'm supposed to be studying for finals this week but there's just no friggin way I can concentrate. We'll probably arrive at the GA line somewhere between 11:30-12:00. Unfortunately we're travelling up from Cincy that morning (we can be there any sooner due to prior obligations) and I hope we still get a decent spot somewhere on the floor. Anybody venture to guess where we might end up if we get there around that time?

Wildhit said:
I'm gonna be there with my girlfriend. It's our first U2 show ever! I'm supposed to be studying for finals this week but there's just no friggin way I can concentrate. We'll probably arrive at the GA line somewhere between 11:30-12:00. Unfortunately we're travelling up from Cincy that morning (we can be there any sooner due to prior obligations) and I hope we still get a decent spot somewhere on the floor. Anybody venture to guess where we might end up if we get there around that time?

I'm coming with a friend up from Cincy as well. We're estimating an 11am arrival, assuming the weather doesn't go funky on us! Spending this week planning our attire, blankets, mittens, etc etc...usually I like winter, but not so much this week!

u2grace said:

I'm coming with a friend up from Cincy as well. We're estimating an 11am arrival, assuming the weather doesn't go funky on us! Spending this week planning our attire, blankets, mittens, etc etc...usually I like winter, but not so much this week!

Forgot to mention - we'll be in the GA line as well - if that wasn't obvious by the 11am arrival!

Wildhit said:
I'm gonna be there with my girlfriend. It's our first U2 show ever! I'm supposed to be studying for finals this week but there's just no friggin way I can concentrate.

I hear ya! I have a 1 hr 40 minute final that starts at 10am on the 10th, then a 5 1/2 hr drive to Cleveland :huh:

jd45177 said:

That would be my son, and he's proud of it. Not to brag, but I can't help it. He's a sophomore this year, he hasn't earned less than an A since the third quarter of 4th grade, he's first chair clarinet in his HS wind ensemble, he LIVES for marching band and he's less than a year away from earning his Eagle rank in scouts. I'm really blessed to have him for a son. Oh, and he loves U2.

And if you've seen Hamish Hamilton jumping up and down and flapping his hands on the Elevation DVD, that's my son...he's done that since he was about 4 yrs old, I expect he'll do that Sat. night. :lol:

:hmm: is your son single? :wink:

So we're not supposed to show up til 6:00 AM? Well if that's the case I'll be there at 6:00 on the dot...

I'm 5'1", maybe Bono will dance with me :drool: :wink: :sigh: i wish...I doubt he'd pick me cuz I'm so young :sad:

u2grace said:

grace and Wildhit:

I'm coming up from Dayton--leaving around 7am. So we'll prolly all end up in about the same spot in line. See you on I-71 and see you there!

Oh, and I see that lots more have signed up but our list has gone astray--Miroslava, I can recompile it if you like--or do you physically "have" the list? (asking b/c I see posts where people have asked you to add them...)

I am on top of it. Would you expect any less? :shame:

It's the very first post on the thread... :wink:

AtomicBono said:

:hmm: is your son single? :wink:

So we're not supposed to show up til 6:00 AM? Well if that's the case I'll be there at 6:00 on the dot...

I'm 5'1", maybe Bono will dance with me :drool: :wink: :sigh: i wish...I doubt he'd pick me cuz I'm so young :sad:

He's single and I think he intends on staying that way for a bit. He sort of had his first date for homecoming this year. Before the dance, he joined his date and 8 other girls at Damons for dinner...I guess he had a good time.

Bono has danced with girls younger than yourself.

Ok I'm officially going 100% going to see U2 for Christmas. This rules :wink:. Ok so anyway more serious matters to be at hand.

Are you guys all meeting somewhere (don't really know why that matters, I just hope I will lovingly be welcomed to the fold I guess)

Line up is only at 6:00 AM or are you guys going to be huddled on a street corner across the street?

Where is parking?

If I get there at six where do you think I'll be in line?

Was anyone at the Chicago 9/20 concert?

Any answers are appreciated thanks a lot.

bono_212 said:
Ok I'm officially going 100% going to see U2 for Christmas. This rules :wink:. Ok so anyway more serious matters to be at hand.

Congrats! :D

Originally posted by bono_212
Are you guys all meeting somewhere (don't really know why that matters, I just hope I will lovingly be welcomed to the fold I guess)

We'll be meeting in line :lol: So there's no reason why you won't be welcomed. Not sure how much of a loving welcome anyone will get, but certainly a frozen welcome.

Line up is only at 6:00 AM or are you guys going to be huddled on a street corner across the street?

I will be playing it by ear.

Where is parking?

I don't know. The parking structure allegedly does not open until 4, but I guess there's street parking? Not sure.

If I get there at six where do you think I'll be in line?

My magic ball is broken, sorry. Don't know. The weather will really play a part on all of this but probably in the first 80-100? Maybe better?

Was anyone at the Chicago 9/20 concert?

:yes:

Phew :D

Ok then about the Chicago concert, remember the hand number thing everyone was "complaining" about (that no one really minded and was a rather good idea imho). Do they always do that or is it usually easier to lose your spot in line? That was my first concert. This is number two.

Also parking opens at 4 PM?!?!

The numbering happens at pretty much every show. I have yet to go to one without it, and I have done 13 GAs.

And as far as whether people honor it, well, we're all adults, and the numbering only works as well as the people in line want it to. If a jackass with number 200 is standing in front of number 120, then number 120 should try to rectify the matter. However, for the most part the order is roughly followed...

Good. I really loved that about that concert, and I also discovered that U2 fans are a peaceful folk :wink:

You must not have been there for the 21st :lol:

It was a bit of a mess :crack:

ok, i have a quick question. so since i've been home on my winter break from college, i've been working 2 jobs that basically take up about half of my day, give or take an hour or two. Seeing as I don't get off work until 11 pm on friday night, and am planning on waking up extremely early on saturday, is it going to be ridiculous if i bring a small $20 kiddie tent from Target to sleep in while waiting in line? I want to be fresh and as energized as possible for the show, and i know i'm going to have to catch up on all that lost sleep in line, so i figured if i was in a tent, then at least it wouldn't be as cold.

what do you guys think?

Miroslava said:
You must not have been there for the 21st :lol:

It was a bit of a mess :crack:

:crack:

i'm glad you liked the number system on the 20th :sexywink:

you picked a good show to go to as your first one, that's definitely the best show ive been to on this tour.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom