Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
enggirl said:

I remember about a zillion posts back you said that you were dorky--maybe you & me will have to throw down in a Dorky Death Match! :nerd:

I said wearing name tags would put OVER my daily dose of alloted dorkyness, so hopefully, you would win the Dorky Death Match by faaaaaaaaar :wink:

:lol:

jd45177 said:
I know Cincinnati and Columbus both have 11:00pm curfews for concerts, does Cleveland have a similar curfew?

Probably :slant:

Damn I cannot believe the luck...I'm so excited to go!!

Oh, Special thanks to Roman for calling last night about tickets...

I really appreciated the thought.

See you in the arctic,

James//

I am sooo ready to go. The car is nearly packed and my suitcase is 90% ready. :hyper: :hyper: Yeah, so it's only Monday, but I hmm I have a dentist appointment tomorrow, and kickboxing til late on Weds. and I really need everything ready by Thursday since I am not going home after work on Friday, so it is not like a I am big :nerd: or anything.

:wink:

Miroslava said:
so it is not like a I am big :nerd: or anything.
:wink:

That would be my son, and he's proud of it. Not to brag, but I can't help it. He's a sophomore this year, he hasn't earned less than an A since the third quarter of 4th grade, he's first chair clarinet in his HS wind ensemble, he LIVES for marching band and he's less than a year away from earning his Eagle rank in scouts. I'm really blessed to have him for a son. Oh, and he loves U2.

And if you've seen Hamish Hamilton jumping up and down and flapping his hands on the Elevation DVD, that's my son...he's done that since he was about 4 yrs old, I expect he'll do that Sat. night. :lol:

Last edited:
Aw so :cute:. Such a proud poppa.

And hmm yeah, apparently you have not seen me at a show. Thank god for that. I am not exactly what you call cool and collected. :shifty:

jd45177 said:

That would be my son, and he's proud of it. Not to brag, but I can't help it. He's a sophomore this year, he hasn't earned less than an A since the third quarter of 4th grade, he's first chair clarinet in his HS wind ensemble, he LIVES for marching band and he's less than a year away from earning his Eagle rank in scouts. I'm really blessed to have him for a son. Oh, and he loves U2.

And if you've seen Hamish Hamilton jumping up and down and flapping his hands on the Elevation DVD, that's my son...he's done that since he was about 4 yrs old, I expect he'll do that Sat. night. :lol:

You are a rightfully proud papa! Nothing beats a kid like yours- and especially when he likes U2!
And haven't we all hit levels of :nerd: I spent a lot of time last night and will again tonight cutting out iron on letters for a sign for the show.

Iron on letters! :up:

Worked on my sign :heart:

I still have to print out our Adam signs :hyper: I no longer make signs for Bono. Nothing is going to top my Bono experiences this year, nor am I really trying to. Gotta share the Bonolove :D I still have my free spanish lessons sign and will probably hang it IF we get front row in the ellipse, otherwise it stays put away...

So I broke down and called Gund today...the rumors about arresting people loitering on the property overnight are true...

If you are on the Q premesis before 6am they threaten police intervention...

See you at 7am ;) haha

James//

good call...

We sing:

"We need some release, release, release...."

Meanwhile, the Q sings:

"We need some police, police, police...."

haha

James//

Ugh. Palace of Auburn Hills flashbacks...

:(

James, I am beginning to think it is you that causes all these problems! Only shows I have done with you around seem to have this issue. :madwife:

:sexywink:

So in Cleveland how bad off will I be if I can't get to the line until 4pm and I don't get scanned into the elipse? Any idea on how far off of the rail outside the elipse I would end up?

Also, I have heard of the second chance wristbands at show time. Any suggestions on getting in position to have a chance at that?

Miroslava said:
Ugh. Palace of Auburn Hills flashbacks...

:(

James, I am beginning to think it is you that causes all these problems! Only shows I have done with you around seem to have this issue. :madwife:

:sexywink:

Guess I won't go then hahaha...

" I fought the law and the...law won.." haha

James//

texastech93 said:
So in Cleveland how bad off will I be if I can't get to the line until 4pm and I don't get scanned into the elipse? Any idea on how far off of the rail outside the elipse I would end up?

Also, I have heard of the second chance wristbands at show time. Any suggestions on getting in position to have a chance at that?

Honestly, if you can live with not having a rail spot, a 4:00 PM arrival should probably get you 3rd row, MAYBE 4th row, which is honestly not bad at all...

As far as the "second chance" wrist bands. Those are generally passed out at the BACK of the floor by the soundboard. It is not a very overt process. You have to look out for the people dressed in black with crew passes. They normally have the wrist bands bunched up in their firsts and are scanning the audience for people that looked excited, etc. This normally happens AFTER the opener. You may politely approach them and ask them about the possibility of getting a wrist band and see how it goes. I have never done it myself though,

Last edited:
macfesto said:

Guess I won't go then hahaha...

" I fought the law and the...law won.." haha

James//

Nah, we need your cool and collected self there :wink:

You need to balance the high strung personalities... not naming names of course :shifty:

jd45177 said:
I know Cincinnati and Columbus both have 11:00pm curfews for concerts, does Cleveland have a similar curfew?

Cleveland has a 8pm curfew for being on the street period.

:lmao:

Where's that Romi.....did I hear something about tickets??!?!?!?!?!

I need tickets!!

:)

Scarletwine-

What street is the dock on?? I've been around the arena a few times and don't recall ever seeing it, so I always assumed the dock was underground in one of the garages next to the arena.

This will be my first ever U2 show (unfortunately all I could afford were nosebleed seats), and I'd love to try to meet the guys before the show to autograph my guitar. What time do they usually show up - 3:00 or is it earlier? Thanks

-Tim

tclymer08 said:

This will be my first ever U2 show (unfortunately all I could afford were nosebleed seats), and I'd love to try to meet the guys before the show to autograph my guitar. What time do they usually show up - 3:00 or is it earlier? Thanks

-Tim

It reaaaaaaaaaaaally does vary. Forst most third leg shows, I think the band has been arriving closer to 5:00 PM. But again, hate to tell you 5:00 and have this be one of the shows that they arrive early for X reason, so generally if you REALLY want to try to meet them, you need to be prepared to hang around from 3-6 pm or so and then also be mentally prepared for not having them stop at all since it is not a guarantee. Good luck! :)

So Gabe, still looking for tix? Wonder what is the status of Kev's tickets...

I MAY end up with an extra ETS ticket, you get first dibs. Shoud hopefully know by weds. or thursday. :D

I'm pretty sure the band arrives between 4-5:30 pm.

The dock is probably under the arena...but certainly someone who lives in the Cleveland area will answer more accurately to this.

Best of luck!!

James//

Thanks for the help guys - since I couldn't score any GA's I'd be sitting around in my room all day Saturday anyways, so I figured I might as well try to meet the guys.

Now if I can only find that damn loading dock.....

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I need this show to get here like, NOW! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

After our friday practice, I think we're ready for the show! :wink:

tclymer08 said:
Thanks for the help guys - since I couldn't score any GA's I'd be sitting around in my room all day Saturday anyways, so I figured I might as well try to meet the guys.

Now if I can only find that damn loading dock.....

You could stop by the GA line and meet some of us as well ;)
just don't stand too close, some GA nazi's might freak out haha

James//

tclymer08 said:
Scarletwine-

What street is the dock on?? I've been around the arena a few times and don't recall ever seeing it, so I always assumed the dock was underground in one of the garages next to the arena.

-Tim

I'm not exactly sure but on the opposite side of the Arena from 6th St -Huron(?) There are metal overhead doors. But they may come in another way. Not sure sorry.

macfesto said:

You could stop by the GA line and meet some of us as well ;)
just don't stand too close, some GA nazi's might freak out haha

James//

:rolleyes:

As a former line enforcer, I have people come and visit all the time. It is only after 5:00 PM that all visitors need to depart....
that is go time and no time for chit chatting...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

"Back of the line is THAT way!"

The game faces come on at 5!

Yes I remember in Detroit, the folks walking up thinking the front of the line was the back of the line...That got a little frustrating, but any grief was quickly alleviated by the look on their faces when told the line starts " Back there." (with a gesture towards the distant side of the arena) haha...

I'm so cruel ;) hahaha

James//

Pittsburgh was even worse!

But seriously, if an entire line of people is facing FORWARD, why would you think that is the back of the line?

Just keep walking and stop looking "confused" and casually loitering.

Back-o-the-line! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom