Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like A Needle Needs A Vein I Need U2

Ok I just got home and have a two hour break

I just put in U2 L*I*V*E from Boston DVD

I needed a quick fix :dancing:

Three more days guys three more days !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello to JD & Miro and the whole gang :wave:

I did this wrong but this is my first time seeing U2 L*I*V*E

Hey JD did you know we are only about six hours or a tad more to Buffalo ? :banghead: For some strange reason I thought it was more like twelve hours from here ( I am geographically challenged :reject: ) I have been thinking about this all week. I could have bought one ETS GA Buffalo & one ETS GA Cleveland.

O well ....... how do some of you afford to hit so many shows ?

I actually mapquested Dayton Ohio to the arena in Portland but ........ over 2,000 miles driving :huh:

But if you go to Australia how will you see the guys :wink:

Just kidding I know you were referring to when they go there.

So. Tickets are probably at my house right now. Dang I hate being at school during all of this.

I know I know I said 12:30 sharp and here I am at 12:51...

SethVincent said:
Like A Needle Needs A Vein I Need U2

Ok I just got home and have a two hour break

I just put in U2 L*I*V*E from Boston DVD

I needed a quick fix :dancing:

Three more days guys three more days !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello to JD & Miro and the whole gang :wave:

I did this wrong but this is my first time seeing U2 L*I*V*E

Hey JD did you know we are only about six hours or a tad more to Buffalo ? :banghead: For some strange reason I thought it was more like twelve hours from here ( I am geographically challenged :reject: ) I have been thinking about this all week. I could have bought one ETS GA Buffalo & one ETS GA Cleveland.

O well ....... how do some of you afford to hit so many shows ?

I actually mapquested Dayton Ohio to the arena in Portland but ........ over 2,000 miles driving :huh:

I am supposed to drive from Cleveland to Buffalo and back for the Cleveland show but the weather is looking very sketchy:(
SO- perhaps it is a good thing you were not trying to drive there too and potentially wasting a ticket!

At least you've got your priorities straight, bono 212... U2 first, everything else after. I would so love to go somewhere warm early next year to see them! I've been really lucky, this is my 3rd show of the tour. My in-laws live in Chicago and I got a ticket for under face value so that was a cheap show (drove there). Pittsburgh - paid $200 for ticket but only an hour drive, no expense there. Cleveland - $400 for 2 tickets, no other expense.

Lol My priorities are straight! Bono before school always lol.

Of course, this might be why that research paper due tomorrow (on rock and roll of course) isn't done yet.

Oh nonono we aren't even talking about degrees yet...we're talking senior year of high school here :wink:

Why thank you...U2 has been a passion of mine since the wee age of 12...blah blah...cd...blah blah.......concert.....blah blah....Christmas....Blah blah....And now Cleveland

The End

I was watching the Billboard awards last night with my daughter and I knew almost NOBODY who was on. Seems like mostly rap and hip hop. I did know Green Day though. That makes me feel old...I always listened to what my kids had on when they were at home, but now that they dont live with me anymore... My daughters are 25 and 22.

Haha you're probably better off if you haven't heard the music from most of those artists...

-Tim

Hi again all,
Looking for some help w/parking. If I get in late Friday evening/night, can someone familiar with the area give me an idea on where I could park that is within walking distance to the Q, but somewhere I could leave the car from Fri night until after the show?>>>> Thanks!!!! This thread has really been helpful and I look forward to meeting some of you!!!!

You could park behind Tower City. Its right across from the arena, cant miss it. Theres a ramp you drive down and you'll get a ticket. Lots and lots of parking both outside and under cover. If you get there late-ish all the office people will have gone home and you should have no trouble. Cant tell you what the maximum parking fee would be but it shouldnt be too awful ($12-15 maybe?)

Not to mention Tower City's probably one of the most secure places to keep your car overnight...at least compared to those lots over by Jacobs Field

-Tim

There's also a parking deck adjacent to the arena but it would probably be a nightmare to get out of after the concert. I tend to avoid those like the plague but if it doesn't bother you its closer than Tower City.

BEVERLY56 said:
Just for the record I am NOT the one making it snow in Cleveland, if I had my way it would be 85 and we would need sunscreen and cold drinks. NOT A WINTER PERSON.

Then stop with the thoughts that something is going to prevent you from getting your tickets, it's baaaaaaad karma.

And I'm the same way, I'll take 90 degrees as opposed to 32 degrees any day.

Seth, I thought about Buffalo but that's six hours away. My limit for a U2 show is 5 hours. :der:

ETS Tickets

I will be going to the Cleveland show also. Have a question though for anyone that has gotten tickets thru ETS, I was able to get a concert package through Holiday Inn (I have tons of points) and ETS is who they are using for the package. Supposedly you get the highest price tickets in the lower level. I'm not familiar with the arena in Cleveland and since I don't get the tickets until the day of the concert I am a bit worried. I guess I cannot complain since it didn't cost me anything, but I am still hoping for some good seats. Does anyone know what sort of seats ETS generally gets? Thanks so much!

Park in a park and ride... its free. There is one right by my college... very nice area, no need to worry about theft you just jump on the train and take it downtown. Trains run from 4amish till 1amish.

Hi everybody! I have not been on in a couple days real busy at work. I am getting so fired up.

So at this point I am up for camping out/huddling up Friday night/Saturday morning (I am getting in around midnight Friday, probably), at whatever "officially off the arena property" location makes sense. Anyone else? Suggestions on said location? I have never been there so have no clue.

It is colder than f*ck here, so if it is 31 in Cleveland that might actually feel warm by comparison.

re: ETS ticket pickups...I was planning on heading over to the Holiday Inn Express at like 3:30-ish to drop off all my line-waiting supplies and grab a quick shower (20 min max, I am low maintenance) and then I figured I would run over to the Harp to get my tix. I have room for four people besides myself in my car so would be glad to give a ride to anyone who needs one...

Hey Catlady maybe we can hook up for The Harp. No sense in both of us driving. My husband has to leave for a couple appointments and come back around 1. One of my aforementioned fears is he wont get back with the car in time for me to get my tickets.

bono_212 said:
Why thank you...U2 has been a passion of mine since the wee age of 12...blah blah...cd...blah blah.......concert.....blah blah....Christmas....Blah blah....And now Cleveland

The End

ohmygod you are too cute :)
you could actually use almost the same story for me...except somewhere between "wee age of 12" and "Cleveland" is 23 years!

ok we'll hook up in line then. Im going back to Miro's list to look at your picture again.

Not that we'll be recognizeable under 12 layers of clothing.

BEVERLY56 said:
ok we'll hook up in line then. Im going back to Miro's list to look at your picture again.

Not that we'll be recognizeable under 12 layers of clothing.

yes, I will be in full arcticwear/ninja mode (two layers of ski clothes and a face mask too)

:)

Last edited:
Lets just cross our fingers the arena does a good job with security and all... I just called to ask about what time the box office opens and if I could wait there and try to get tickets(I have no idea how a ticket drop works.... any help?) and the lady laughed at me and said, and I quote "why would you stand in line all day for U2 tickets? They are just some band."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom