Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am flying in from Duluth, MN for the show and hoping my northern Minnesota living will have me toughened up for the GA line! We are already bottoming out at zero degrees here.
enggirl
beverly 56
Miroslava
Catlady
???Chizip???
Scarletwine
Bonoinakilt
BonoIsAGod
jd45177
fair trade

Fair Trade, it should feel toasty to you! Its supposed to be up in the 50's a couple of days next week...which of course means back in the teens by 12/10.

I have GA's for the show as well ;)

I'm bringing my best friend James (same name haha) too!!

He's a U2 Virgin...and a GA Virgin :)

We are staying at the Holiday INN Express in Cleveland!! If anyone else is staying let me know!! We'll be there Friday all day.

Is anyone going to Mercury Lounge after the show?? The U2 Tribute band is playing !!!!

When the moon has turned red,

James//

BEVERLY56 said:
Fair Trade, it should feel toasty to you! Its supposed to be up in the 50's a couple of days next week...which of course means back in the teens by 12/10.

LOL- Actually I am still a cold weather wimp- and I even used to have a job where I took juvenile deliquents camping here in the middle of winter!!
Maybe the cold weather will keep the line shorter. I had intended to wait in line but now my U2 virgins sister and brother-in-law have seats. They want to hang out before hand so I may have to just hope for the ellipse. Pretty bummed, I actually really enjoyed the line in Minneapolis.
Anybody know where the ETS party will be? Anybody going? Anybody think it is worth it to get my sister party only tickets?
For all you die hards- three words- BATTERY OPERATED SOCKS!

Where is everyone planning to line up? The Quicken Loans arena has a website with a map. I haven't decided what to do. The 35 year old in me says I'm too old to do this---the 35 year old in me says its something I should do before I die (hee-hee).

If anyone needs Cleveland info from a native, let me know.

Partygirl43

partygirl43 said:
Where is everyone planning to line up? The Quicken Loans arena has a website with a map. I haven't decided what to do. The 35 year old in me says I'm too old to do this---the 35 year old in me says its something I should do before I die (hee-hee).

If anyone needs Cleveland info from a native, let me know.

Partygirl43

Partygirl43:

Us 35-year-olds can band together. I feel the same--it's something I should do at least ONCE...but damn is it going to be cold! So let's show the youngsters that we're not dead yet! :)
And I am not going to be there at 6, 7, or 8 am, no matter! I'll be there between noon and 1 (have to drive 4+ hours to get to Cle).

See ya in line!

The last GA line at the Gund (whatever) was between the parking garage and the arena. Shoudl give us some wind breaks at least. Can't get an answer form them on any procedures.

Wheeeeeeeee!

Ok, so this is the area?

bridge.jpg

My husband and I will be at the Cleveland show.We have GA tickets, but I am so torn about what to do: get in the GA line early,or try to find the entrance and wait for the band to show up?
Any suggestions and/or opinions?

Theres no reason you can't do both, Elmo. You'll have a number on your hand, and you can come and go within reason during the day. So Scarletwine, you tried to find out where GA would line up but they wouldn't tell you? So far, the rumor about the ETS party is the Hard Rock but I think just a rumor still. I've never used them and I have this fear they're going to say "Tickets? We have no tickets for you!"

Miroslava said:
Wheeeeeeeee!

Ok, so this is the area?

bridge.jpg

That looks about right. But there are two. It is on the opposite side of the overview of the flats. There's a small street just before the arena and you turn right into there. The srupid garage doesn't open til 4:00 but there is outside parking right across the street.

As the show draws near we will definately have an Idea of where to start the line...

If anything, we can call the arena and see where they are going to allow a line...

Yeah, I know the odds of the arena knowing anything this early are slim to none, but a few days before should lend some insight.

Either way, I don't think we'll have any issues ;) hahah

Soo Excited,

James//

11 MORE DAYS TO GET THRU. EVERYONE PRAY FOR WARM WEATHER!

Afterwards, all of us who are taking virgins to the show will have to compare notes to see how they liked it. My husband is pretty skeptical (and will be even more so when he hears the weather report.).

Oh James... we're staying at the same hotel (the one on Euclid Ave, right?)

haha I know!!

My car is going in for a refit to ensure there are no malfunctions on my way to Cleveland! haha

My buddy James is soo excited to go!! haha he's a total Virgin and cannot wait!!

He can't understand my need to get to the arena so early though hahahha..

He'll learn...he will learn...

James//

Yeah the Holiday INN Express...

The hotel with no pool or hot tub :( :(

We are going to Mercury Lounge after the show for Zoostation I think it is...

But either way, with hotels being so close and everyone in one place...a party must occur!!

James//

After a lot of hem-hawing around, I ended up getting the Sec 125, Row 2 tickets for my wife and son and I. I paid an arm and a leg for them but I figure this will be the last chance to see U2 with my son before he goes to college and I think this guarantees all three of us a spot as close as possible to the ellipse without standing in line all day. My wife is going to have carpal tunnel surgery this Friday and she didn't want to be on the floor getting jostled around.

I'm already second-guessing myself, thinking I should have stuck with the original plan of my son and I using the GA's and my wife sitting separately in a reserved seat, that I'm depriving my son (and myself) of an experience of a lifetime and I was looking forward to meeting fellow rabid fans, most of the people I know just don't get U2. We'll be going to the R&R HOF on Saturday now rather than Sunday.

What time and where would you suggest to start hanging out hoping to see the guys coming in for the sound check?

If we're not too busy sobbing our eyes out, I am pretty sure my chickies and I will be ready for a party... If I know my people though, chances are we'll be in our room looking like this

April: :sad:
Beth: :sad:
Casey :sad:
Michelle: :sad:
Miroslava :sad:

:lol:

We'll have to change that Miroslava haha

I'm sure the boys wouldn't want anyone crying haha...

Somethings you should get to good at...I think crying is one of them ;) hahha

James//

It is April/Michelle/Beth's last show. Not so for Casey, Kevin and I. Kevin will also be with us, but I didnt want to assume he'd be :sad: :lol:

Still, I know I'll be sad cause my friends will be sad and well, I am kind of a sap after SOME shows. I have a feeling Cleveland is going to be one of those :reject:

The Holiday Express is nice. Several of my friends have stayed there.

Bev, I'd bet it will be the HRC which will be very nice as it just across the street. The tickets I got for Chicago 5/10 were at a party at HRC.

Miro, that's it exactly. It really is more like an alley than a street. There are some decent restaurants to the right up Huron. And somewhere close a nice Irish Pub with great Cosmo's.

Course Zoostation is supposed to be good, but I've got a my niece with me (16). Maybe I can deposit her in the hotel room:hmm:

Scarletwine said:

Miro, that's it exactly. It really is more like an alley than a street. There are some decent restaurants to the right up Huron. And somewhere close a nice Irish Pub with great Cosmo's.

Exceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellent...

Now I am off to perform my "please do not snow or be below freezing dance"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom