Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! I am so fired up. Hope it isn't too cold but I have all my cold weather gear ready!! :)

I went to REI last night and bought some of those emergency body heat blanket thingies! :lol:

Oh man, Im still thinking warm thoughts. I HATE WINTER. They got about 6" of snow east of Cleveland around the lake...we got nothing but a few flakes in the air down here (45 mi south).

Went camping and backpacked 11 miles at Zaleski State Forest this past weekend although the temperatures weren't too bad, walking every day on my lunch hour to get used to the lower temperatures that suddenly hit us, hoping to be acclimated by 12/10.

Polyesther or polypropylene thermal underwear is MUCH better than cotton, retains heat and helps to block wind.

Achtung y'all.

I'll be in Cleveland, freezing my ass off. It's my second and last show of the tour, first time I've ever had GA's, so I'm going all out. My friend and I plan to get there around 5:00 AM. What I'm wondering is what the hell we're gonna go with all our coats and such once we get in the arena...

bonosloveslave said:
Got a snuggle buddy? :sexywink:

I'm gonna get a couple of each of the warmers -gloves/feet/etc...

I dont think anyone is going to be lacking for snuggle buddies in Cleveland! There's going to be sooooooo many of us there!

Did you want to drive down with April and I? :hyper:

PM Me if you do...

AtomicBono said:
Achtung y'all.

I'll be in Cleveland, freezing my ass off. It's my second and last show of the tour, first time I've ever had GA's, so I'm going all out. My friend and I plan to get there around 5:00 AM. What I'm wondering is what the hell we're gonna go with all our coats and such once we get in the arena...

I was wondering the same thing! I have this picture in my head of this HUGE pile of cotas, hats & mittens in the middle of the ellipse...:)

I'll be there around 12. Sister and I have already started planning...
any word on an "announcement" or some such that tells you when to take all of your crap back to your car before heading into the arena? I've never done GA, so I'm not sure of the rules and all!
Oh, and are people getting line #s on their hands (so they can go get food & come back in)--this question for those of you who have been in GA lines this tour--
thx!

I have yet to see a GA line without numberings, so I am sure it will happen. Worst case scenario, Casey and I will take over it as we did in Atlanta... so much for my line enforcing days being over! :wink:

Michelle is also well versed now in Line Enforcing after watching me do it in Pittsburgh and providing assistance in Atlanta...

:D

BEVERLY56 said:
Oh man, Im still thinking warm thoughts. I HATE WINTER. They got about 6" of snow east of Cleveland around the lake...we got nothing but a few flakes in the air down here (45 mi south).

...will prolly get another foot T-giving weekend :yuck:

Miroslava said:

Michelle is also well versed now in Line Enforcing after watching me do it in Pittsburgh and providing assistance in Atlanta...

I had seats in Pittsburgh and I have fan club GA's for Cleveland. I was concerned after Pittsburgh because I didn't see a separate fan club GA line and I was told there wasn't one, that in fact, there was chaos. Is this true and if so, is this the norm? What do you suppose Cleveland will be like? I plan on being there with my 16 yr old son sometime between 6 and 7am.

I was there, I didn't think it was chaos. But no other previous experience. Heard of some line cutting, but why the people around didnt stop that, I don't know. And its true there was only 1 GA line.

Confusion would have been a better word than chaos, sorry. I was told people didn't know what to do. One fellow told me that he had fan club tickets but he was going into a gate other than the one the GA line was entering because he thought he would get in the door faster and the GA ticket would get him on the floor. I don't think he knew about the wrist bands and he didn't care about the Vertigo scan. Never having been on the floor myself, I wasn't much help to him.

I'm just hoping Cleveland goes smoother.

Odd idea, but maybe it will help us Interference peeps team up at the show in a couple of weeks. (esp. considering how many pages we have going on here so far...)
post, copy the list, and add your name to the bottom of the list, so that in a few days, anyone here who is going can look at the most recent posting of the list and sort of get an idea of who/how many of us are going.
cool? (so add your name below mine, and so on)

enggirl

enggirl said:
Odd idea, but maybe it will help us Interference peeps team up at the show in a couple of weeks. (esp. considering how many pages we have going on here so far...)
post, copy the list, and add your name to the bottom of the list, so that in a few days, anyone here who is going can look at the most recent posting of the list and sort of get an idea of who/how many of us are going.
cool? (so add your name below mine, and so on)

enggirl
beverly56

Like this?

small piece of advice from a friend who is a seasoned concert-goer re: what to do with coat during the show. she suggested bringing a small, empty duffel bag. put extra clothes in bag during show (easy enough to sling over shoulder or as backpack or, hell, between feet)--then it can be used to cart home all the merch you buy after the show! Cuz seriously, CLE in Dec is gonna suck big gigundous butt...i will prolly have 3 layers on and, really, i don't think Bono wants to pull some girl up on stage who looks like a polar bear! :)

Miroslava said:
I have yet to see a GA line without numberings, so I am sure it will happen. Worst case scenario, Casey and I will take over it as we did in Atlanta... so much for my line enforcing days being over! :wink:

I am happy to assist also!

My husband and I will see you all there too! I'm really not looking forward to the cold, but it's my last show, so alas, I'll be waiting out in the damn cold. I actually thought about selling my GAs because I didn't want to deal with freezing to death, but I just couldn't do it... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom