Chicago - who is going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nurse chrissi

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
okay - we need a Chicago head count - who is going to which shows/good hotels to stay at for out of towners

I'll be at 1,2 and 3 (GA!!!!) and possibly 4

looking for a good hotel right now

continue

I have seats ($165) for the May 7th show. I would love to meet some fellow interferncers and maybe have a drink before the show. I'm flying in from San Antonio TX (maybe Austin, I'm moving) and can't wait for U2 to take stage.

zoopop said:
I have seats ($165) for the May 7th show. I would love to meet some fellow interferncers and maybe have a drink before the show. I'm flying in from San Antonio TX (maybe Austin, I'm moving) and can't wait for U2 to take stage.

I will be there for the May 7th show.

Would also love to meet up with fellow interferencers since this will be my only Chicago show.

zoopop, I also will probably hang out around the United Center entrance to catch a glance of the band. Maybe Dallas will give out guitar picks like last time (I didn't get one though!)

I am! :wave: Seats on the 12th

would love to meet up with some interferencers, but I don't arrive until the night of the 11th. I'm actually going to catch The Killers show that night. Anyone else going?

starsgoblue said:
:hyper: Me! Me! Me! :hyper:

Seats on the 9th and GA for the 10th!

(grabs a brown paper bag before she hyperventilates)

I'm a little excited, sorry!

(wonders if he remembers mouth-to-mouth)

(yes . . . yes, he does)

nurse chrissi said:
okay - we need a Chicago head count - who is going to which shows/good hotels to stay at for out of towners

continue

Whoooo -- guess I'll see you in line on the 10th :) Where are you sitting on the 9th and 12th?

Last edited:
lol, there's another thread on chicago.

anywho, if things work out, i'll be there. i'll update y'all later.

nurse chrissi said:

continue

Congress Plaza Hotel! Really nice... 2.3 miles away from the United Center and it's 87 a night. WOOT!

I'll be at the 7th, 9th (GA), 10th (GA), and 12th shows....can't wait to see you all there!! I live in Chicago so i'll definitely be hanging around their hotel.......The Killers are actually playing a Chicago show on the 11th, so I wouldn't be surprised if U2 turns up there. And Snow Patrol are playing a Chicago gig on the 12th but obviously that's the date of the last U2 gig....

Doing GA on the 9th, with good seats for my sis. Will be coming in on the 8th hoping to go to any fan gatherings...at the Hard Rock? Staying at the Palmer.

Cant wait!!!

4 Chi Reserved Seats 5/07
4 Chi Reserved Seats 5/10
4 Chi Reserved Seats 5/12

Don't know what happened....wasn't able to get tix for the 9th.
( but, 3 out of 4 shows....that's still good enough for me..)

Re: Re: Chicago - who is going?

U2Girl1978 said:

Congress Plaza Hotel! Really nice... 2.3 miles away from the United Center and it's 87 a night. WOOT!

glad to see u stuck with it, did u book it already? thinking of doing the same that sunday and monday. I'll be there for the 9th show.

I'll be there. May 7 seats.

Are there any fan gatherings before the show? My gf and I are getting into Chicago on May 6th and leaving May 8th. Damn work! Let me know!

Take care,

Robert

Re: Re: Re: Chicago - who is going?

RademR said:

glad to see u stuck with it, did u book it already? thinking of doing the same that sunday and monday. I'll be there for the 9th show.

No I haven't booked it yet! :huh: But I am booking it on Wednesday when my checks go through....Yeeehawww!

GA for the 9th. may go to the party on the 8th, and stay somewhere, not sure though.

:lol: u2girl1978 :)

i'll be there: GA for 5/7. 5/9, 5/10. Would love to meet everyone!

I will be there on May 7th GA. I am skipping my Friday finals to go. :reject: I haven't been to Chicago in years. I grew up right outside of there, in Rochelle, Ill. I am kind of nervous about going, of course I am completely excited, but I am also nervous. Chicago is a big place, compared to Paducah. I booked plane tickets the same day as I bought the concert tickets. They were only each $112.00 roundtrip, $224.00 for two tickets is not all that bad. I didn't book a place to stay...I ran out of money. I guess I will be camping out at the airport. If a group of you are planning on getting together, I would love to tag along....if I could? It would be great to meet all of you!

I've got GA for the 10th. Not sure what if any other shows I'll be able to see. I did come across something very interesting on the UC website, however....hour long building tours for $20 that includes lunch for groups of 15-40 people. Think we could get in for a tour while U2 are in town ??:eyebrow: Of course we wouldn't let on why we're really there...Bulls fans of course.:wink: If anyone wants to look into this...please count me in!
Here's a link: http://www.unitedcenter.com/pagetemp.php?copy=arentours

Back
Top Bottom