CANADIAN "I'm going to Van" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a 2-3 hour drive depending on how long it takes to cross the border - remember to bring your passport.

Things to see while in town:
Stanley Park
Chinatown
Gastown
Robson Street/Yaletown

There is lots more downtown and even more if you want to venture out of the downtown core :)

The drive is a llittle over 2 hours.

You take the I5 north and cross at blaine/white rock.

You then take the 99.

You will pass by the Vancouver international airport and then take granville st.

Following granville st, go over teh granville st bridge and take any number of exits.

If you take pacific you can follow it right to GM place. If you miss that you can hang a right onto Davie.

Email me @

catchinawave@hotmail.com and I can give you my number in case you run into trouble in town or whatever.

If you drive after the seattel show, expect to hit Vancouver in the early hours of the morning. One great thign though is that you'll have an easy time at the border.

the peace arch border crossing (at Blaine washington) can be long (i've been stuck there for 3 hours a couple of times. You might find it best to leave seattle in the early to mid morning if you want to ensure a spot.

Ticketmaster is sellign parking for U2 at GM place. it might be a good idea to check that out.

OK, I'm in if you guys want to get together since we are all visiting Vancouver except for Hank. I got GA for 28th so I will spend a fair bit of time in line that day.

Anyhoo, my info is in this thread plus check out my gallery for who I am or the first thread of pics in the Lemonade Stand.

I don't want to get arrested though,or stabbed.:wink:

C'mon guys, I'm just saying that if a few people hang out, I just wanna have some good clean fun and not be a bad boy.:wink:

what do you guys think the GA line will be like in vancouver? a lot of diehards showing up early?
i am not sure what my plan is.
it sounds like for the california shows so far, showing up a few hours before showtime gets you just a few rows back outside the elipse if you do not hit the "lottery" jackpot.
hmmm......

I saw the show in 2001 and got in line around 11am and was about 75th in line. It really picked up after 3pm. It is hard to say what it will be like this time IMO. Probably worse though because of having to get a good spot outside ellipse.

I got a GA for 28th too.Maybe I'll see you in line. I got my hotel booked across the street so I can go down to line whenever I feel like it.

I don't know the streets but last time the door we lined up against was on the right side in comparison with the loading doors in the back. Or when we got inside the stage was to our left. Oh, and their were steps along a short section leading to the rest of the stadium. And the parking lot was on the other side of the building away from the line. The tickets say Gate 7.

Hope it helps. I'm not from Van.

nice, Boriel's word getting out :)

but as nice as those shirts are, I REALLY think the website link should be on them

Hi everyone,

I wanted to fill you all in on the Official U2 pre-party and post-party being held at the Sky Bar in Vacnouver (from what I heard it is normally a pretentious night spot but not on these nights - it is reserved specifically for U2 fans...)

(http:/www.skybarvancouver.com)

PRE-PARTY 4-7pm on Thursday and Friday

POST-PARTY - 11:30-2am on Thursday *don't miss this - it will be great to keep the U2 spirit going after the show*

It is through ETS, U2's official our operator and includes dinner and the following entertainment:

BP Fallon will be doing a question and answer session (http://www.bpfallon.com) he was U2's DJ on Zoo Tv, toured with the band, wrote a book on them etc...quite an interesting man with alot of interesting U2 stories...

As well, direct from Toronto, ELEVATION (http://www.u2tributeband.com) will be performing (the majority of songs selected will be songs U2 isn't playing on tour to avoid overlap...)

You can get tickets through:

u2 concerts dot com

following the links for the pre-party...it will be a GREAT TIME!!

If you have any questions or if you are coming and have song requests please email: contact@u2tributeband.com

Cheers,

Brady

bradyvox said:
Hi everyone,

I wanted to fill you all in on the Official U2 pre-party and post-party being held at the Sky Bar in Vacnouver (from what I heard it is normally a pretentious night spot but not on these nights - it is reserved specifically for U2 fans...)

(http:/www.skybarvancouver.com)

PRE-PARTY 4-7pm on Thursday and Friday

POST-PARTY - 11:30-2am on Thursday *don't miss this - it will be great to keep the U2 spirit going after the show*

It is through ETS, U2's official our operator and includes dinner and the following entertainment:

BP Fallon will be doing a question and answer session (http://www.bpfallon.com) he was U2's DJ on Zoo Tv, toured with the band, wrote a book on them etc...quite an interesting man with alot of interesting U2 stories...

As well, direct from Toronto, ELEVATION (http://www.u2tributeband.com) will be performing (the majority of songs selected will be songs U2 isn't playing on tour to avoid overlap...)

You can get tickets through:

u2 concerts dot com

following the links for the pre-party...it will be a GREAT TIME!!

If you have any questions or if you are coming and have song requests please email: contact@u2tributeband.com

Cheers,

Brady

Hey Brady,

Thanks for posting this, had no idea you guys were gonna be playing as well. I'm coming over for the Vancouver shows so will definately try to catch the Elevation shows too. An already great few days just got even better :)

Cheers
Tanya
(Official UK branch of U2_GTA ;))

Right on Tanya! We are also catching the show on teh 28th via GA - but we won;t get there untul 8pm- let's hope the Ellipse lottery works out for us :)

See you there!!

Uk ---> Vancouver = a very LONG flight! Yikes!!

Travel safe...

Cheers,

Brady

Thanks for the info. I was not going to check out the ETS show but your info has piqued my interest.

I picked up a Thursday party ticket, :wave:

Hey Brady, how does one get into the post party or is that included with the pre-party for Thursday? Wondering if you know.

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
I picked up a Thursday party ticket, :wave:

Hey Brady, how does one get into the post party or is that included with the pre-party for Thursday? Wondering if you know.

I have a couple of Ga's for the Thursday show.....still trying to figure out where to go afterwards.

The post-party is at the SKY BAR

www . sky bar vancouver dot com

4 blocks from GM Place

It is not really associated with the pre-party - basically just show up! You don't need tix in advance - there may be a small cover at the door - I am still waiting to hear more and when I do I'll pass it along.

Thanks,

Brady

bradyvox said:
The post-party is at the SKY BAR

www . sky bar vancouver dot com

4 blocks from GM Place

It is not really associated with the pre-party - basically just show up! You don't need tix in advance - there may be a small cover at the door - I am still waiting to hear more and when I do I'll pass it along.

Thanks,

Brady

Thursday only? I won't be there til Friday :sad:

Back
Top Bottom