April 28th, General Motors Place in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bklynstevester

The Fly
Vancouver

A little early for this, but I will be in Vancouver for the marathon on 5/1, so I'll be at the show 4/28. Are there a lot of Vancouver people on this site? I may want to get into some sort of meetup!

urgent - calling all GM Place/April concert goers---an idea again

okay, so my last idea was okay, but not really doable. (it was the idea about selling 100 white ONE bracelets to GA lineup people). It wont work for three reasons:

-most people cannot afford to buy 10 bracelets even if they can sell them back and recoup the money
-all GA people get a wristband when they enter the lineup, so if Bono looked out, all he'd see is the lineup wristbands and not the ONE bracelets, or so he'd think anyways
-they would only be seen if the people were down on the floor - i'm not on the floor and many others here aren't either -we're in the stands in seats (and i for one want to be included in this)

SO....i think i have a better idea that might work, just not sure how to do it. I was thinking, what if everyone here reading this bought a white tshirt and used a black jumbo felt marker and put a big huge 'one' on the front? (not the number 1 but the word 'One') Most people have a white tee that they dont like anymore cause its worn out, or its turning yellow, or falling apart, or has paint on it, OR you can pick up a plain white tshirt from any Value Village or Salvation Army for about 1-2 bucks.

Now, what if we go one step further - we tell any of our friends who have tickets to the show to do the same thing.

And what if the people who are going to be in the GA lineup go one step further again, and what if they get a good deal on the shirts, like say 99 cents each, and they buy say, 5 shirts and take a felt pen with them. What if they leave the price tag on the shirt, and can convince other people in the GA lineup to purchase the shirt for the same cost, and decorate it with the felt pen as well? How many white shirts would show up in the crowd, all over the stadium?

The ONE would have to be high on the chest to be seen, and would have to be at least 1-2 inches thick on each letter to be seen from the stage..might take alot of felt pen :D

only one thing i cant figure out - do we wear the shirts from the first song to the last, or do we spring it on the band during the song One? and if we spring it on them, we have options - put the tshirt on over top of what you are wearing already, or wear it under another shirt and take the outer shirt off. Imagine how much 100 white shirts would glow in that light!

you and your wild ideas...

that's possibly even better than the first one ... and I think I just might do this even if nobody else does..

make sure you write the website address somewhere on the shirt too :)

korczykp said:
you and your wild ideas...

that's possibly even better than the first one ... and I think I just might do this even if nobody else does..

make sure you write the website address somewhere on the shirt too :)

they are wild arent they? they always come to me when i'm half asleep so in the morning most of them seem too strange to follow through on :D

i'm seriously thinking though, that this is not the best forum for this thread....i think most people wont even come here until after the shows. wonder if we can get the mods to move it somewhere else for maximum exposure to the rest of the people on these boards....what do you think? It seems to be kinda out in the middle of no-man's land.

as for the website addy, it could go on the sleeve near the shoulder, or it could go on the back (although my hair would cover it up i think and the sleeve is somehow more cool)

There is a HUGE thread on u2.com with this same idea. They have emailed radio stations and stuff to try and get the word out.

amarks86 said:
There is a HUGE thread on u2.com with this same idea. They have emailed radio stations and stuff to try and get the word out.

LOL...yep. that would be me over there with the same idea! just have a different user name over there so i know which place i'm at.

glad you saw it though! and thanks for adding the info here too.

the idea on the thread is here:
http://www.u2.com/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=u2&Number=481870&page=0&fpart=1 (free part of the site so you should be able to access it)

pics of the shirt (sketches really) are on page 8.

we need to find a way to get as many people as possible to know about this, and we are trying to get the radio guys at Rock 101 to agree to put it on the air, but have not heard back yet.

4/28 vancouver

i am coming from regina for the two vancouver shows but i am goin the first night alone, GA... it's gonna be my first u2 show and i need someone to go with, anyone out there who would wanna rock out with me for my first show?

Re: 4/28 vancouver

jeffschmid said:
i am coming from regina for the two vancouver shows but i am goin the first night alone, GA... it's gonna be my first u2 show and i need someone to go with, anyone out there who would wanna rock out with me for my first show?

I hope you found someone or someone found you :)

Back
Top Bottom