April 14th, Glendale Arena in Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

echothomas

Babyface
Zoo Station AZ

My New U2 Tribute - Phoenix

Zoo Station ////The U2 Show//// will be playing Friday night at Midnight at the Martini Ranch in Scottsdale. In old town Scosdale.

Thomas...

ZOO STATION

Thomas. Hey man, I saw you guys play at Martinin Ranch and must say you guys are awesome! Keep it up my friend.
Justin

Anyone up for tailgating on the 14th? Sounds like we wont have to wait in line all day for GA so we might as well make a party out of it during the day.

I've only been in Arizona for about a year now. Seems like everyone I've met here has one of two opinions on U2
1. Yeah, their "alright"
2. "Oh those guys, I'm not into them"
It kills me!
I’m sure there are avid U2 fans in the area, it be cool to meet some. My place is serving as a home base for my out of state U2 junkie friends. Since we won’t be in line all day, we are looking for a replacement fix.

P.S. Extended forcast predicts a high of 84 :huh:

Seems like some of the local rock radio stations (KDKB) soured a bit on U2 during the Pop album so I have always thought they havent gotten enough radio exposure since then. But there are a few of us diehards still left trying to spread the gospel in AZ.

U2fan05 - I am sure there is someone that will pair up with ya - early next week we can do a roll call and maybe get a bunch of people together and people who need too can pair up. I am still working out the personal logistics for Thursday even tough I have taken the day off.

Desert Dog said:
latest forecast for Thursday - 90 degrees - ouch

the GA audience ought to smell really *great* that night, when everyone's pressed into the crowd with their arms over their head after standing in 90 degree heat all day :laugh:

Traffic update as promised in the other thread. Glendale Avenue (The street the arena is on) and Northern Avenue (the next major street North) are all messed up at the Grand Avenue intersections. So if you're coming from someplace East of 59th Avenue on either of those streets, I'd suggest using Dunlap/Olive Avenue on the North, or Camelback Road on the South. Bethany Home Road is actually the next street South of Glendale Avenue, but it does not go all the way through to 91st Avenue (the North-South street the arena is on).

For those of you in the GA line: The nearest facilities for food and bathrooms (assuming there will be no available portable toilets, or other on-site facilities abailable) are going to be about a mile away. A mile to the North (91st Avenue and Northern) you've got a Target and Kohl's, as well as 3 gas station/convenience stores for bathrooms. There's a Carl's Junior, Applebee's, Coldstone Creamery, Quizzno's Subs, Panda Express, and a pizza place. A mile to the East (83rd Avenue and Glendale Avenue) you've got a Walgreens, McDonalds, Mexican Food place, a Subway, and a Circle K. There's also a cocktail lounge, but it pretty much looks like a dive in every sense of the word. About a mile West of the arena you also have an AM/PM convenience store.

Who's showing up for GA on Thursday? I will be but probably wont arrive till late morning or early afternoon. With the random scan for the Ellipse, doesnt sound like it is worth showing up real early. If anyone wants to meet for breakfast on that side of town, let me know.

Phx27 said:
A mile to the North (91st Avenue and Northern) you've got a Target

is this target in glendale? :hyper:

this is great news. i did a search on their website earlier and couldn't find one listed there.

bonosgirl84 said:

is this target in glendale? :hyper:

this is great news. i did a search on their website earlier and couldn't find one listed there.

Yep, I believe it's still technically in Glendale. I don't think Peoria starts for another few miles up the road.

Ugh, they just keep raising that temp up. I checked on Saturday and they said 88. So much for that. But the fountains in front of the arena are functioning now, so bring your swimsuits ;)

that would be awesome

a GA line swim party at the fountain in front of the arena

I will be in the GA line in the afternoon. I made an interference luggage tag necklace so come and say Hi to me if you see me. I don't know what anyone looks like so, come say Hi.:wave:

be sure to join us at the GA line swim party in at the fountain on friday :wink:

I have a pretty nice pop canopy that I could bring for shade - anybody think the Arena would hassle me if I set it up for the GA line?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom