All Vertigo Eve Postings Here, Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ramblin rose said:
I need that supposed high speed internet badly. I might even call the hotel today and get that straighted out.

Well if you do, be sure to post here, or PM me.
So I'll know what I have to do. I also just sent them off an e-mail.

Hey people whats up. I'm leaving on Monday morning to see the two shows in San Diego. I'll probably head back to Texas on Thursday. So whats happening in San Diego. Any parties to go to?

I wish I could make it that night.....:sad:

I'll have to settle seeing JT performing on a flat bed truck...:wink:
b94dccb3.jpg

757c1309.jpg

9a6b2a08.jpg

That should be pretty exciting too!!!...I can't wait!!
:hyper:

bono_man2002 said:

Well if you do, be sure to post here, or PM me.
So I'll know what I have to do. I also just sent them off an e-mail.

I spoke with a woman at the Holiday Inn and she said they have both wired and wireless complimentary high speed access in the rooms. I asked her if I needed to bring an ethernet cable and she asked someone who said all I needed to bring was my laptop.

(I might bring the eternet cable anyway).

Here's hoping it works.

ramblin rose said:

I spoke with a woman at the Holiday Inn and she said they have both wired and wireless complimentary high speed access in the rooms. I asked her if I needed to bring an ethernet cable and she asked someone who said all I needed to bring was my laptop.

(I might bring the eternet cable anyway).

Here's hoping it works.

I have used Holiday Inn wireless internet several times and they have their own network, no ethernet cable needed...all you need to do is create a new connection and get a generic username/password from the hotel...sometimes its on a little card in the room, sometimes the front desk will give it to you. Other hotels I've stayed at have provided the ethernet cable in the room or at the front desk.

But if you have your own ethernet cable, it won't hurt to bring it just in case.

I've never experienced lost or slow connections either so you shouldn't have any problems.

My friend and I are very much looking forward to this. I think we'll try to drive by the HRC to get some Video of the outside and a peek at that gig, but We'll be doing interviews at this one. :)

Bono's American Wife said:

I have used Holiday Inn wireless internet several times and they have their own network, no ethernet cable needed...all you need to do is create a new connection and get a generic username/password from the hotel...sometimes its on a little card in the room, sometimes the front desk will give it to you. Other hotels I've stayed at have provided the ethernet cable in the room or at the front desk.

But if you have your own ethernet cable, it won't hurt to bring it just in case.

I've never experienced lost or slow connections either so you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks. I'm panicking a bit less now.

bono_man2002 said:
Just Got this back in e-mail to compare notes :)

We have Ethernet cards to use just in case.
Sounds Good.

Don't know if this helps but there are a couple Starbucks nearby and many of them have access.....you could check their website where I believe they list their locations that offer ethernet or high speed....

you really shouldnt have any problems getting internet access in the room, i have done that many times

Can someone please give me some advice? I made a hotel reservation weeks ago for a place downtown - now my travel plans have changed and I'd really like to be within walking distance of the Sports Arena. Fat chance getting anything now, huh? I tried the Holiday Inn and The Ramada Inn and they are sold out (well the Ramada does have a smoking room). Are there any other hotels besides those two which are within distance?

Not counting today . . . 6 days:dancing:

Re: Not interested in "Vertigo Eve?"

yoshitownsend62 said:
Hey,

For all San Diego concert goers....

I don't think I want to see a cover band right before the concert. Plus I'll want some sleep before waiting in the GA line all night, and Hard Rock Cafe's event can go until 1 am.

I don't think we'll really get to converse together with a cover band playing. I think I'll be satisfied to see the real U2 twice in a row.

So some of us are meeting at a pub in the Gaslamp district instead. It'll be more "San Diego-ish" than the chain restaurant, overpriced Hard Rock Cafe.

How many out there in Interference world are interested in an alternative to the Hard Rock's Vertigo Eve?

fyi...the Vertigo Eve event is not about the Hard Rock in and of itself, or its menu choices or the tribute band.......but about raising funds and awareness for Bono's African Well Fund charity.

In my opinion if we all can throw down between $80 - $1000 for U2 tickets (which I gladly will do again and again).....the least we can do is drop a few quid in to help those who are much less fortunate than us.

hotpepper said:
Can someone please give me some advice? I made a hotel reservation weeks ago for a place downtown - now my travel plans have changed and I'd really like to be within walking distance of the Sports Arena. Fat chance getting anything now, huh? I tried the Holiday Inn and The Ramada Inn and they are sold out (well the Ramada does have a smoking room). Are there any other hotels besides those two which are within distance?

Not counting today . . . 6 days:dancing:

Hiya hotpepper,

Yeah, there are at least a couple or so. Hampton Inn San Diego-Sea World/Airport Area, GoodNite Inn San Diego Seaworld-Sports Arena, Howard Johnson Seaworld.
Just look for hotels that are on midway drive, rosecrans street or Sports Arena Blvd. Also check the map for the property and see the location of the hotel in relation to the Sports Arena.

Here's a link to yahoo travel: http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel...0A1EACFD7598AE.p0272?SEQ=11115380073072222005

The Holiday Inn Mission Bay Seaworld which is the one across the street from the sports arena looks available to me according to yahoo travel with the dates of march 26-28. Not sure what dates you need.

Hope this helps.

Where the hell are we?????? This is now the Vertigo's Eve thread? I don't think so!

ok, i guess the tour opener/vertigo's eve are all the same now...nothing like a little confusion when everyone's trying to finalize meet-up plans!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom