All Vertigo Eve Postings Here, Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ramblin rose said:
I'm so tempted to drive to LA on Saturday afternoon to try and get into the rehearsal concert :banghead: :banghead:

i emailed 4 friends who live in L.A. and told them to win me tickets!

I have no idea how the GA thing will work. Probably people will line up across the street or something...I just hope someone takes the initiative to number people or create some kind of order.

For the last show in Miami the arena wouldn't let people line up outside until noon.

The line had been formed in the parking lot across the street since the day before the show.

The thing is, if the police or security are going to prohibit people from loitering in the neighborhood, that could be a problem.

ok, i'm live streaming KFOG tonight. the rules say you can't win unless you reside in the 9 county area, so i will have to assume the identity of a resident if I am caller 9! :evil:

ok folks..here's the full scoop from the Event Manager at the San Diego Sports Arena........

As stated:

1. No overnite camping. Security strictly enforced

2. No line up prior to 9am. (however I and others will probably be across the street). This area is seedy so there a lot of patroling by the SD Police---hookers in the area, strip clubs etc. I don't see how people are going to be able to camp out overnite because of this very reason..the police will send them away. The streets surrounding the arena are businesses. So no loitering is allowed.

3. The GA Line up is at the North Entrance of the Arena Only.

4. All entrances will be open but only GA ticket holders are allowed to enter at the north entrance. So, security will be at each entrance I guess.

A friend of mine is going to call the event manager and try and pry more info out of her. If she gets any other info I will post it here.

If anyone wants to call her, the number is 619.224.4171 x302. Her name is Sarah.

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
(however I and others will probably be across the street).

I think that this is what confuses me.

If you and your friends are lined up in a restaraunt across the street.

And me and my friends are lined up in a different retaraunt across the street.

And at a few minutes to 9am we both head over to the doors. At the same time we arrive so will everyone that spent the night in bed and are well rested.

And who will determine who is the first person in line?

It might be worth spending the night in a seedy area to guarantee a spot, but is it worth it to have your spot snapped up by someone else who didn't spend the night there?

spinninghead77 said:

And at a few minutes to 9am we both head over to the doors. At the same time we arrive so will everyone that spent the night in bed and are well rested.

It might be worth spending the night in a seedy area to guarantee a spot, but is it worth it to have your spot snapped up by someone else who didn't spend the night there?

This is why I hope the fans that first arrive create some kind of system--for the elevation tour people first in the informal line had markers and wrote numbers on everyone who showed up. People say this worked well.

Whew--I'm glad I have a seat for the first night so I can suss out how things come down when I have the GA the second show :crazy:

Amy, thanks for finding additional info :hug:

ramblin rose said:

It's right next to the coliseum.

3939 So. Figueroa, Los Angeles, CA

Thanks.....wonder why they are rehearsing there? Hmmm....I am gonna ask around tomorrow, I am gonna be in Manhattan Beach for the Joshua Tree's tribute performance at HarryO's hosted by LA staion STAR 98.7...I will ask if they are also giving tickets away. I wonder why KFOG, of all the radio stations ins Calif would be giving tickets away for the rehearsal? They are in the North Bay, San Francisco Bay Area?!!!!!

If anyone's in the Manhattan Beach area stop by.....lots of fun St Patrick's give aways and frivolity and Joshua Tree will be playing....then the band will be doing an extra set after the radio fun 3-7pm.

Karen

spinninghead77 said:

The thing is you won't be able to spend the nite anywhere on the streets there because of the strictly enforced loitering laws that SD Police will be pushing.
Also, I am sure someone (one of the first fans to line up and or get there- I plan on bringing one just in case) will have a pad of paper, sharpies.
I not real worried about chaos ensuing because of this rule, u2 fans are pretty courteous, respectful and organized.

I also think that the people who get there early in the morning will scope out the place and notice if there is a group of people hanging out in one or two areas and ask around. More than likely we will have the sense to combine the groups into one organized line and when its time to head to the north entrance we will all keep our places in line. I am sure the numbering will start well before we are let onto the property at 9am.

Have faith people! it will all work out fine. :wink:

11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
off topic (what else is new with me) but is anyone going to Phoenix? I'm 70% convinced I need to go...

ruffian said:
11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
off topic (what else is new with me) but is anyone going to Phoenix? I'm 70% convinced I need to go...
will b at both phx shows ruff.
have an extra tic for face value next to stage apr 14.

db9
:)

hey karen - i am going to Harry O's tomorrow too. i think i may be going alone but hopefully some friends will be meeting me there later so we must meet. can't wait!!:yes:

dgirrrly said:
hey karen - i am going to Harry O's tomorrow too. i think i may be going alone but hopefully some friends will be meeting me there later so we must meet. can't wait!!:yes:

Yes! We must meet! It will be fun, I can't wait. Still trying to decide what to wear. I'm heading out with friends from San Diego at noonish. I'll be with Melissa in the motorized wheelchair and hanging with the band group.....look me up and come say hi!

Happy St Pat's everyone!

I agree that U2 fans can be very respectful and courteous. I hope you're right but I also think people will be very excited and emotionally charged. This is the biggest band on the planet and this is their first show in 4 years. The hype and excitement are enormous, even two weeks prior. This combination of circumstances to me increases the chances of people ignoring their better instincts and making a mad rush to the door at 8:59am. This is a safety risk and one that in my opinion will be increased by this security policy. (then again, I don't know San Diego ro the neighbourhood.) If they have the security resources to patrol the arena and surroundings to discourage people from hanging around, I don't see why they can't put those resources into arranging a safe GA line-up situation and avoid chaos, pandemonium and injury the next morning.

Strict enforcement may not always be the safest route, especially when reasonable alternatives can be arranged.

Further, I wonder if the people arriving at exaclty 9 will have any interest in joining an unofficial numbering system when they can just run to the door? They will be the ones with the most to gain by starting a charge and it only takes one.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jon

Last edited:
Klink said:
I agree that U2 fans can be very respectful and courteous. I hope you're right but I also think people will be very excited and emotionally charged. This is the biggest band on the planet and this is their first show in 4 years. The hype and excitement are enormous, even two weeks prior. This combination of circumstances to me increases the chances of people ignoring their better instincts and making a mad rush to the door at 8:59am. This is a safety risk and one that in my opinion will be increased by this security policy. (then again, I don't know San Diego ro the neighbourhood.) If they have the security resources to patrol the arena and surroundings to discourage people from hanging around, I don't see why they can't put those resources into arranging a safe GA line-up situation and avoid chaos, pandemonium and injury the next morning.

Strict enforcement may not always be the safest route, especially when reasonable alternatives can be arranged.

Further, I wonder if the people arriving at exaclty 9 will have any interest in joining an unofficial numbering system when they can just run to the door? They will be the ones with the most to gain by starting a charge and it only takes one.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jon

Hi Jon,
While I agree that there could be a "worst case scenario" I'm hoping (along with everyone else) that it won't be the situation. If security are on the scene, then we should ask them to assist in recognizing a "pre-line." Regarding the fans who are unruly and rush the door--not much that can be done about that other than to insist that security recognize those who came first. The first people to show up on the scene should organize themselves (someone bring a marker) and ask others who show up to join them. Really, in the absence of more detailed information we'll just have to be flexible. Whether you are 20th or 60th in line shouldn't make that much differerence in light of 2500 people in the GA. Good luck, everyone!

Karen - i will definitely come over and say HI, as i will be by myself, my friends can't get off of work that early. I get out of work at 3 so i should be there by 3:30...cant wait. i will be wearing a green tank top jeans and black shoes w/ pink flower on the front. if you see me please come and get me!!:cute:

So someone posted on Wire that that regardless of the line-up permitted to start at 9am, the SD venue will be instituting a lottery at 4pm. Why people will line up if there`s a lottery is beyond me.

If someone is ringing the venue back, could you please get clarification regarding this? Thanks!

ruffian said:

Hi Jon,
While I agree that there could be a "worst case scenario" I'm hoping (along with everyone else) that it won't be the situation. If security are on the scene, then we should ask them to assist in recognizing a "pre-line." Regarding the fans who are unruly and rush the door--not much that can be done about that other than to insist that security recognize those who came first. The first people to show up on the scene should organize themselves (someone bring a marker) and ask others who show up to join them. Really, in the absence of more detailed information we'll just have to be flexible. Whether you are 20th or 60th in line shouldn't make that much differerence in light of 2500 people in the GA. Good luck, everyone!

That's a great idea. I'm thinking someone might contact the SD Arena management and inform them of the potential consequences of not recognizing some sort of "pre-line". I think this could go a long way in helping to protect the safety of fans that will be using their facility.

Jon

ladywithspinninghead said:
So someone posted on Wire that that regardless of the line-up permitted to start at 9am, the SD venue will be instituting a lottery at 4pm. Why people will line up if there`s a lottery is beyond me.

If someone is ringing the venue back, could you please get clarification regarding this? Thanks!

A lottery at 4pm on the 27th? How does that work? Won't that just encourage people to line up long before the 4pm lottery start?

Jon

Back
Top Bottom