18 November 2006 Melbourne Telstra Dome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i warning to you all, the bridge to spencer street (southern cross) station has construction on it so will bottle neck real badly with the 50 odd thousand people attempting to cross it

I'll be there for both Melb shows in the GA queue :wave:

I'm not sure if this is a silly question, but I just thought of it now .. I've never been to any event at the Telstra Dome, and I was just wondering, will only one gate/entrance be open for GA ticket holders??

Just curious :)

dazzlingamy said:
Hola!

I shall be in the line for this date and the next Melb date! I might possibly even sleep in the train station (not really) hahaha

But yes, who else is coming to this date GA?

Me Too :wave:

I'll be at both Melbourne shows, both Sydney shows....and uhm both Auckland shows...all GA :drool: :hyper: :combust:

nice Ms Giggles!!! You will have the best time!!!

TE....in most of the other times ive been there for a concert the only GA gate is gate 6, round the other side of the stadium. I'm pretty sure this is where it will be for u2 as well!

Oh GAWD i am excited! :D

3 months and 9 days to go!!!

dazzlingamy said:

Oh GAWD i am excited! :D

3 months and 9 days to go!!!

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: heehee, me too!:love:

Thanx for the info .. personally, I like to break it down into days :) and now it's only 109 days to go!! Woo hoo!

I'll be there - gold reserve. I initially got reserve because i was going to have to fly in on the day of the show, so no time for lining up! Now I'll be there the day before, but that's ok, I will probably still have sore feet from GA in adelaide on the thursday ;) - and maybe from the rumoured free gig in melbourne on the friday too! Its all so exciting!! :)

I will be at the 2 melbourne shows, i got level one seats. I will be tired after comming back home from sydney, second concert over there is GA so i might be still a bit tired..

It sure will be hard trying to catch a train back home, we have trouble with crowds at the football, which is only about 35,000, everyone seems to want to catch the same train..

dazzlingamy said:

TE....in most of the other times ive been there for a concert the only GA gate is gate 6, round the other side of the stadium. I'm pretty sure this is where it will be for u2 as well!

Thats the opposite end of spencer st right???? i bloody hope so.... staying at new quay so good for me

arrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!:hyper: :hyper:

13 *lucky* more sleeps to goooooooo! :wink:

Hey, so I know it's been mentioned a million times over before, but what time are you guys thinking about getting there on Saturday?!?!?!

Is it slightly mad to get there at the crack of dawn?!?!?! :wink:

I was just thinking about getting the first train into town :)

We'll be spending the morning at the Make Poverty History Festival in the Alexandra Gardens then moseying on over to Telstra Dome in the afternoon. We don't expect to be at the front though but I guess if I was younger I'd probably be catching the first train! :) Have a great day!

Here is the lineup for the Festival in the morning with - interestingly - "Special guests" ?? :hyper: well- you never know...

World and acoustic music by:

* David Bridie & Telek
* Bad Boys Batucada
* South of the River Gospel Choir
* Vox Congo
* +Special Guests

http://www.makepovertyhistory.org.au/melbFestival.html

oooooooh, interesting :hyper:

nah :) .... I'm just young ... at heart! And it's been 13 long years (or something like that!) since I've seen U2 ... so that combination makes me act like an over-excited puppy at the moment :wink:

I'm going GA at both shows! First U2 concert for me... yay!

I know I haven't posted around here for bloody ages, but I'll probably have my Interference t-shirt with me. :) I'll be queueing up all day with a bunch of people from the U2Australia email list.

See you there! :-D

Alison

no lining up before 9am according to Coppel.com.au, the promoters. hey, is anyone planning to line at the band entrance at the beginning or end to get autographs, if so, where do line up?

I'm gonna be there as early as I can get myself out of bed and walk the two blocks from my hotel.

Maybe 11am :uhoh:

So who's gonna be linin up nice and early Sunday! :wink: I need to find some people to hang with because my dad wants to rock up at 5 and there is no way I am gonna get there at the time. So I'm gonna go in by meself early and his gonna come later. :D Anyone?

-Nikki

Back
Top Bottom