UPDATE!: (worst of seven shows I saw)... SD2 was one of the best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

romi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
GLORIA!
The crowd was in it!
Kings of Leon acknolelged that U2 fans think they suck...but were better than before.

Streets was still a downer though... it should not be about africa!

romi said:
GLORIA!
The crowd was in it!

And so they should have been! HOORAY FOR THE RETURN OF GLORIA!

Kings of Leon acknolelged that U2 fans think they suck...but were better than before.

:lmao: Classic!

Streets was still a downer though... it should not be about africa!

Yeah, how dare a song be about its inspiration ... :rolleyes:

was the overall performance tighter? Did the long-forgotten lyrics of ZS/Fly resurface?

I just talked to a friend about the show and she said the crowd were sooo into it. It was her first U2 concert and she said she cried it was so good. She was overwhelmed with "40" she said.

The band completely messed uo 40,m but it was OK. KOL kept thanking the crowed for the respect they were getting the second time around..... They said they knew mpst U2 fans didn;t even know who they are...they said OK, we arte just the warmup band, nothing else.. (something like that). RTSS was awesome both nights!

theu2fly said:
What did Kings Of Leon say?

"... So we played here the other night. I've got to say you guys are much better than they were."

Fuckers. Too bad they still sucked :| Does the drummer not know any other rhythms than the one he uses with just about every song?

I made sure I wasnt at the Venue until 8:15.
So I missed most of the Kings Of Leon.

ALSO!, I wasnt patted down, or metal detected, or anything, so I could have brought my Mini Disc in , if I'd brought it into the country.

bono_man2002 said:
I made sure I wasnt at the Venue until 8:15.
So I missed most of the Kings Of Leon.

ALSO!, I wasnt patted down, or metal detected, or anything, so I could have brought my Mini Disc in , if I'd brought it into the country.

Was Gloria played well? Tempo wise and everything. Very strange that in september last year I had a discussion with my brother about a future setlist. I called Gloria and the Elec Co. and The unforgettable fire as 3 songs they were gonna play. The first 2 they now have..mmmmmm U.F.

the hands that... was it linked to Bullet??
Hope they not gonna give up ZOOst until they hit Europe......

Well it seems this show is better than the opening night........

I wanna know how Bono sings........

Can u help me??????

Running to Stand Still was amazing. It truly captured the whole arena. Bono's voice was great. He was off key in forty. Way of, he said something to Adam (I I think) "Are you playing in the right key" He apologised and went on singing.:wink:

u2valleygirl said:
Bono's voice was great. He was off key in forty. Way of, he said something to Adam (I I think) "Are you playing in the right key" He apologised and went on singing.:wink:

That was a horrifying "Ashley Simpson" type moment. Bono said Adam and Edge were playing "40" in different keys. Once Adam got the right key ("A"), his voice was dead on.

nbcrusader said:

That was a horrifying "Ashley Simpson" type moment. Bono said Adam and Edge were playing "40" in different keys. Once Adam got the right key ("A"), his voice was dead on.

no, the ashely simpson moment would be when bono starts lipsyncing Wake Up Dead Man over 40. :huh:

The Kings of Leon were the Kings of Torture. The bass player spent most of his time playing to his amp and I think he was by far the worst one in the band. They played and looked like the "polyester-white-trash made in nowhere" kids that they were. I've heard Holiday Inn lounge acts in some back-water southern town on a Wednesday night sound better than those misfits. They actually made me groan out loud. The crowd was too hyped to notice or care that they were awful if truth be told. See my thread under the bitch section.

As for U2, Bono struggled to hit a few of the high notes and yes he (not Adam) was (singing) off-key during during 40 but in time, as he said, they will tighten up and sound and perform much better. Rumor had it that they let us in late last night because the band was rehearsing again. So by the time they hit the east coast you Yanks will give Thanks. Peace!

Back
Top Bottom