the end was as fun as the start!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coach

War Child
Ok, during the summer i caught a total of 6 vertigo shows, I went to london, dublin, vienna, paris and milan.

I'm from Mexico City, but I lived in Turin, in Italy for six months since january. So I planned ahead my whole summer for catching U2 live.

The first 2 shows in London where ok, not too much exhilarating, because I already new part of the setlist and had seen photos of the stage. And then there was some disappoinment in hearing vertigo TWICE! I have too say, I'm not very fond of that song.

Then I went to Dublin, to the first show, I cued up very very early, I was impressed at the security and organization in London and Dublin, cheers to the event staff at both places. Anyway, I managed to get right at the tip of the left catwalk, and bono sang who's gonna ride your wild horses there!!! AMAZING!!!! I was thrilled and blown away beyond recognition!!

For vienna, I got closer to the stage, but security and the staff at the stadium were not very organized, I was crushed trying to get in, because basically there was no cue, just a bunch of people oustide the gate. Vienna was great but pretty standard, no surpirses on the setlist, no special moments.

In paris I had a seat, but it was an obstructed view, so I was pretty pissed of, but the show was great, and when everyone took out the white balloons during Running to stand still I wanted to cry, it was beautiful, aslo bono singing a snippet of Mystery Girl but a very big smile across my face.

But on wednesday, in Milan , I found what i was looking for: the crowd, the venue, the lights where different; literally, the stage was set up in the long end of the stadium, making the venue look short, kinda weird, not sure how to describe it, plus de meaza stadium is brillant. The lights where different, due to the dvd shoot i imagine.

But then the real magic began, everything was so much vibrant, 11 'clock blew me away, miracle drug had different graphics , better than the originals. But then they played miss sarajevo, and let me tell you, I went crazy couldn't handle it!!! Amazing amazing rendition, and bono hit the notes to the italian part perfectly.

But the real climax of my u2 summer was hearing original of the species with a string section. I waited all summer for that song to pop up, and everytime it didin't show I'd be a bit sad, but hearing it with edge on guitar and the orchestra just blew me away, I shed tears of joy to hear this song, what and ending to the most amazing six months of my life so far. I will be forever grateful.

Thanks U2.

coach said:

But then the real magic began, everything was so much vibrant, 11 'clock blew me away, miracle drug had different graphics ,
Thanks U2.

Uhm...sorry to say, but 11 o'clock wasn't played...:ohmy:
Or maybe they played it after I left, 2hrs
after Mr.V...
Anyhoo, you're really really right:
Milan II was absolute MAGIC:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

jejeje
meant to say electric co. , my head is still spinning, I hope Original of the Species will be the next single.

cheers to all.

Back
Top Bottom