Pictures from September 11th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YusufZ

The Fly
Does anyone have any pictures from September 11th outside the ACC when Bono opened his car window to briefly talk to the fans? He was leaving the stadium after rehearsal around 11:30 pm. I briefly got to speak to him - I told him a phrase in Swahili that I had told him back in LA about 5 months back, and he grabbed my hand and said, "right on, man." I was wondering if anyone had pictures of it.

I met a lot of cool people that day - hopefully I'll run into some of them again soon.

i have about 3 of them...clear shots of Bono...give me your email address.

No photos of you, but I took about 30 sec. video and I know you are in it (I remember you)..... I am pretty sure I have your e-mail at home... I'll try and send it to you!

YusufZ said:
Does anyone have any pictures from September 11th outside the ACC when Bono opened his car window to briefly talk to the fans? He was leaving the stadium after rehearsal around 11:30 pm. I briefly got to speak to him - I told him a phrase in Swahili that I had told him back in LA about 5 months back, and he grabbed my hand and said, "right on, man." I was wondering if anyone had pictures of it.

I met a lot of cool people that day - hopefully I'll run into some of them again soon.

He spoke about an African saying during Wednesday night's show....can't recall it now, but it was a very beautiful one....I wonder if he borrowed this from you?

Re: Re: Pictures from September 11th?

angelordevil said:

He spoke about an African saying during Wednesday night's show....can't recall it now, but it was a very beautiful one....I wonder if he borrowed this from you?
Do you know what the saying was that he mentioned during the show? The saying I told him translated to "drop by drop, you can fill up a river." Anything similar to that?

Also, chyland and BGD75, my e-mail address is yusufzakir @ gmail . com (no spaces, of course!). I'd appreciate it if you could send me any pictures or movies you might have. It's GMail, so it will be able to hold large files. Thanks so much!

Re: Re: Re: Pictures from September 11th?

YusufZ said:
Do you know what the saying was that he mentioned during the show? The saying I told him translated to "drop by drop, you can fill up a river."

that's beautiful!

Re: Re: Re: Pictures from September 11th?

YusufZ said:
Do you know what the saying was that he mentioned during the show?

It was a word that he said means "I am because we are".

Wasn't Bono at the One x One dinner/party during the evening of Sept 11?

Did anyone here get to go to that after party?

"Ubuntu" is the word which means "I am because we are".

Bono has been using that word in his speaking engagements for DATA/ONE for several years.

Good to see him bringing a bit of his "other job" into the concerts.

( btw - jamila is a swahili word which means "beautiful". It was given to me over twenty years ago by a friend of mine from the Continent which thought it best described me. ;) )

Back
Top Bottom