Phoenix 2: Photos of "Mysterious Ways" girl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
hey everyone! :)

if you have photos of the girl who was pulled onstage for "Mysterious Ways" during the 2nd Phoenix show, could you please post them? she is a dear friend of mine, and would be eternally grateful to have pictures of her incredible experience... THANK YOU!!!

btw, she was at the show last night with her Mom- yup, her mom waited out all day in GA with her, and then rocked out on the front rail of the ellipse... it was truly a very special moment for both of them. :wink:

thanks once again!!! :wave: :heart:

Last edited:
i almost took a great picture as they were running around the circle right at me

but i accidentally left the lens cover still on

:huh:

tourpictures

this is the best one.:)

it kinda captures and characterizes the event.

db9

Ally - I can't really tell just from this one photo, but was this also the friend you were with in San Diego (and NYC in 2001)?? I could be off maybe not...Very cool stuff!

ladywithspinninghead said:
Ally - I can't really tell just from this one photo, but was this also the friend you were with in San Diego (and NYC in 2001)?? I could be off maybe not...Very cool stuff!

yes, indeed it is! we always go to U2 shows together, since we're both total fanatics! :wink: unfortunately, i did not attend the one in phoenix; it's her hometown, so she went to see U2 *and* visit her family... i could not justify flying across the country, and taking time off school. so i missed her onstage. :( but i am enjoying seeing these photos- thank you, everyone, for posting them!

:up:

My God!! You and your U2-going buddies have been lucky!
She gets pulled up by Bono, Ruth got to jam with them in 2001, I guess you're next!!

*makes mental note to stand close to them at next show* ;)

She gets pulled up by Bono, Ruth got to jam with them in 2001, I guess you're next!!

heehee... yes, they are both very lucky girls! i do not seem to share in their good U2-fortune, but i am blessed to have such wonderful friends- and to be able to live vicariously through them! :wink: :love: moreover, there is nothing better in the world than seeing U2 live with your best friend standing next to you!

thanks for your kind words, ladywithspinninghead! and i'm glad you're feeling better and back to posting here... :)

And I just read that this is the SECOND time your friend got pulled up!! Wow!! Only time before you're pulled up too!!

As for me - feeling muuuuch better thank you - am going to work tomorrow for the first time in 25 days!!!! Eeks!

:lol: My thoughts exactly, wherever you all are standing, tell us all so we can get the benefits:wink:

U2ElevatesMe415 said:
What a lucky girl! I would have done anything to be her!:drool:
Tell her that she was amazing and everyone loved her :wink:

i will be sure to pass on your message- thank you so much for your kind words! i would have killed to be her, too... :wink:

and as for me being next, there's absolutely no way! lightning rarely strikes twice, but NEVER strikes 3 times! nevertheless, i am so fortunate to be able to share in their joy- just seeing them up there and hearing their stories makes me giddy! :applaud:

thanks everyone, for the wonderful photos! i can't wait to see who gets their lucky dance with bono tonight in Denver... :up:

hey ally, were you standing next to this girl along the front rail of san diego 1?

because i got the dvd of that today, and when bono is doing his drum thing out at the tip you can totally see you and her jumping up and down during the whole thing. its awesome.

ok i made a little clip of it from the dvd if you dont have it and want to check it out

http://s40.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=3TZI01H7M5RR91UWM0BCE7FA92

you should have worn a white shirt, would have stood out better :wink:

Last edited:
*Ally* said:

i will be sure to pass on your message- thank you so much for your kind words! i would have killed to be her, too... :wink:

and as for me being next, there's absolutely no way! lightning rarely strikes twice, but NEVER strikes 3 times! nevertheless, i am so fortunate to be able to share in their joy- just seeing them up there and hearing their stories makes me giddy! :applaud:

thanks everyone, for the wonderful photos! i can't wait to see who gets their lucky dance with bono tonight in Denver... :up:
:dancing: Can't wait to see who gets to dance with the B-man either! :love: I'm glad you get to share in their stories and fun!:yes: :hug:

Chizip said:
hey ally, were you standing next to this girl along the front rail of san diego 1?

because i got the dvd of that today, and when bono is doing his drum thing out at the tip you can totally see you and her jumping up and down during the whole thing. its awesome.

OMG... yes, that is me and khelia!!! hahaha... i can't wait to check it out!! my copy should be arriving tomorrow!!! :up:

thanks for the heads up, Chizip!!! :wink:

http://s9.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=0QK7R2D66Z3QV22IPYNT8RQTWS

i actually ended up uploading a full clip of lapoe from that show if you want to check it out a little early :wink:

Last edited:
Chizip said:
ok i made a little clip of it from the dvd if you dont have it and want to check it out

http://s40.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=3TZI01H7M5RR91UWM0BCE7FA92

you should have worn a white shirt, would have stood out better :wink:

OMG... that is awesome!!! so embarressing, too!! i don't want to see what i'm doing during the show... lol!

thank you so much for making that clip! :bow: i am really looking forward to seeing this DVD... it looks like it's great quality!! :up:

Last edited:
supposedly there will be a 4 cam mix of this show coming out, im reallllly looking forward to that :drool:

Ohhh, how lucky!

Ally, I think I may have seen you and Khelia(?) years ago in NY at one of UF's (the cover band's) shows. :D

Chizip said:
supposedly there will be a 4 cam mix of this show coming out, im reallllly looking forward to that :drool:
Of PHX 2??!
And what is 4 cam..?
sorry to interupt your conversation but "cam" and the topic being phoenix got me interested:wink:

dizzy said:
Ohhh, how lucky!

Ally, I think I may have seen you and Khelia(?) years ago in NY at one of UF's (the cover band's) shows. :D

yes! i definitely remember meeting you, dizzy! that was a loooong time ago... are you gonna be at the MSG show in may? i don't have a ticket yet, but i'll be sitting out by the box office the day of the show, hoping to get lucky. i hope to see you there! :up:

U2ElevatesMe415: "4-cam" means that it will be an edited version, combining footage from 4 different cameras, positioned at various spots around the arena... i have a "2-cam" of Miami 12/2/01, and it's great- i can't imagine how fantastic a 4-cam version of Phoenix 2 will be!

side note: khelia and i look completely :crazy: in that clip from LAPOE... lol! :wink:

*Ally* said:

yes! i definitely remember meeting you, dizzy! that was a loooong time ago... are you gonna be at the MSG show in may? i don't have a ticket yet, but i'll be sitting out by the box office the day of the show, hoping to get lucky. i hope to see you there! :up:

U2ElevatesMe415: "4-cam" means that it will be an edited version, combining footage from 4 different cameras, positioned at various spots around the arena... i have a "2-cam" of Miami 12/2/01, and it's great- i can't imagine how fantastic a 4-cam

Yes, I'll be at the 5/21 show (nosebleeds, but what the heck), and I'll be at the MSG in Oct. and Nov. as well. Hope to see you too! :)

Speaking of Miami 12/2/01, I think the one I have is a 3-cam. I saw it at one of the stores (yes, I bought it after getting tooo excited :uhoh: ...after all that show was my first GA experience) at St. Marks Place in NY. I think the store has been closed for some time.

Back
Top Bottom