Philly/NY/Pitts/Detroit/Miami/Tampa/Cleveland/Buffalo/Montreal/Ottawa PICS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is from outside the times square virgin mega store the night the new album got released, also the night of the brooklyn bridge show.

virginnyc.jpg

i don't look drunk... i am... but i don't look it :wink:

I think I missed you by 5 minutes at that store...

I got there and some dude was all excited that he had JUST met Bono at the store! Hated to break it to him that he hadn't. And if you were with Tony in Brooklyn then I saw you a bunch of times... he kept faking me out as I would catch him out of the corner of my eye :madwife:

Miroslava said:
I think I missed you by 5 minutes at that store...

I got there and some dude was all excited that he had JUST met Bono at the store! Hated to break it to him that he hadn't. And if you were with Tony in Brooklyn then I saw you a bunch of times... he kept faking me out as I would catch him out of the corner of my eye :madwife:

:ohmy:

yes that was an unfortunate wine induced moment...

:sigh: we went up to virgin to get the cd when it got released at midnight.

the first time tony went in with his sunglasses on and people started swarming him thinking he was bono... so we left and ended up at a club around the corner for a few, waiting until around 11:45 when we made our way back to virgin.

so it's right before midnight and tony goes back inside, but this time he promised me that he'd leave the sunglasses off. so he's inside and i'm outside talking to "ladywithspinninghead" who i had met earlier in brooklyn. and tony bumps into someone who goes to UF shows all the time inside the store, and she wants to take a picture with him... so he agrees, and puts the sunglasses back on... big mistake.

the crowds started swarming thinking that he was bono... which led to a fairly awkward situation where we didn't really wanna say that he wasn't 'cause people might get pissed off... so myself and pat bremer of u2mart.com acted as tony's "body guards," rushed him out of the store as fast as possible... there was a crowd waiting outside, including some dude with an accent who kept asking tony, thinking he was bono, for a picture and wouldn't give up... luckily i was able to flag down a taxi right away and get the hell out of there.

lol i never ended up getting the cd.. but it made for quite the story.

I think the guy with the accent you mentioned was my guy I had to let down :lol: He was Polish or something...

But I mean, seriously people. Tony passes for a decent Bono if you take a QUICK look out of the corner of your eye. But for any fan that is there at freaking midnight on the day of the release to be fooled. :tsk:

the DJ in the store was fooled, too... as i was pulling tony out of the store he came over the PA and asked what song off the new album bono wanted to hear. i flashed a 3 and he put on Sometimes...

silly gooses.

haha sweet a found another pic with me in it... once again, from philly 5/14, which seems to be the only date of all of the ones i went to that i can find pictures of me (rockin' the green hat)

47054011_015-med.JPG

Back
Top Bottom