Oakland #1 Ellipse Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

R8drgurl

The Fly
Here are some pics from the first Oakland show. Luckily we made it into Ellipse, in the front row, and Bono pulled one of us up. Fantastic night! I'll post video clips soon...

adam_small.jpg

edge_small.jpg

bono_blind2.jpg

adam_small2.jpg

bono_small3.jpg

Here's Irene! You go girl!
irene.jpg

bono_small4.jpg

adam_bono.jpg

Oakland Ellipse pics

Hey,
Thanks a whole lot for the picture you have of me...WOW...its really AWESOME...and thanks for being happy for me...I lived every girl's dream and I hope I lived it well...it was the best experience of my life....
LOVE AND PEACE...IRENE

Wow, those pics are awesome, R8drgurl, really professional-looking. Did you use a flash?

I was just to the left of you guys, closer to Edge, but the security guy in front of me told me to turn off my flash -- that pretty much finished my photo safari, so I just concentrated on jumping up and down for 2 hours instead, which turned out to be a bit more fun anyway.

Irene, you were so great, your smile and enthusiasm made everyone so happy for you (watch that step!).

Hope you guys can make it up to Portland in December!

Nick

Hey akenyanbaby! It's me Nicole. I'll give you the pic of you and Bono next time we hang out. Hope you have recovered and your eyes are back to normal! Ha ha Rodney was pretty funny!

Nick, yea I wasn't going to use a flash but everyone in our section was and staff weren't saying anything so I did as well.

new_craic_girl said:
R8 - between the awesome pics and video, did you get to enjoy the concert??? Did I mention I love you for sharing these? :hug: Thank you so much for those awesome shots.

Yea I got to enjoy the concert! I took alot of photos the first night because I thought that there was no way we would be in front again. But then we got our same spots the second night and I could relax!

R8drgurl said:

Yea I got to enjoy the concert! I took alot of photos the first night because I thought that there was no way we would be in front again. But then we got our same spots the second night and I could relax!

Thanks for sharing the great pictures! Irene was so cute up there. Love that she got a piggy back ride from Bono!

R8drgurl, I think my friend and I were right behind you in line. Were you in line the second night with your friend Irene and an English(?) guy?

bratty_cat said:

Thanks for sharing the great pictures! Irene was so cute up there. Love that she got a piggy back ride from Bono!

R8drgurl, I think my friend and I were right behind you in line. Were you in line the second night with your friend Irene and an English(?) guy?

Yeah I was with Irene and Lee (English guy) - you must have been behind us. Cool! Did you guys get into the Ellipse??

No, not this time! But we ended up front rail, center at the tip of the ellipse so I really can't complain. I think my friend got some great shots from there.

The setlist in Oakland that second night was just :drool: . I was hoping to hear Gloria at least once and I couldn't believe it when they started playing it. Then to end the show with Bad and Fast Cars. I was in Vegas and thought they wouldn't be able to top Saturday night's show, but I think they got close.

bratty_cat said:
No, not this time! But we ended up front rail, center at the tip of the ellipse so I really can't complain. I think my friend got some great shots from there.

The setlist in Oakland that second night was just :drool: . I was hoping to hear Gloria at least once and I couldn't believe it when they started playing it. Then to end the show with Bad and Fast Cars. I was in Vegas and thought they wouldn't be able to top Saturday night's show, but I think they got close.

Front rail, center gave you great spot for LAPOE! Plus they seemed to use the Ellipse a bit more on the second night which was good. Yea I LOVED the second night setlist and the crowd seemed more into it as well (at least in the Ellipse they were pushing and jumping around alot more than the first night).

Back
Top Bottom