Never again am i doing GA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did GAs for one show last tour and I didn't care if I was short (5'3") and couldn't see much (I did manage to get right up on the rail though) because I made a cheesy sign asking :larry: for his sticks and I managed to get one. Hooray for GA and as for seeing stuff...well that experience made me not give a damn. :rockon:

u2girlcj said:

Philly 2 is a Sunday, right? We lined up at just before 6am at Seattle1 (also a Sunday show) and were numbers 40 and 41. I don't think anyone got a rail spot who arrived after 50 or so (unless they got inside the ellipse). For Monday's show, people arrived later and still got good rail spots.

But "back in the day" for Elevation, we got an inside rail spot in Vegas when we lined up around 10am - number 160 or something (?)

If you can't get rail, but do get inside, stay towards the back so you can see better and have a chance at 'em when they're on the catwalk too. Otherwise, shoot for Adam's side (your right), since you'll get more play on that side of the catwalk.

Your best strategy?.... get to sleep early the night before!!! :wink:

So, Adam's side in the ellipse is a safer bet? Or outside, on his side? My thinking is that, most people will try to be as close to Bono...less crowded by Edge and Adam?

I must say..I had GA's last tour and loved them. I waited, got into the heart everything was cool. You did not have to be agressive in the heart to have a superb view.

Of course we did not get beeped at my only show so far in Denver. When we originally got into the Arena we were about four rows back. This was OK but as the night progressed and it got closer to U2 taking the stage we had more and more people pushing there way through in front of us.. By 9:00 I could not see the stage hardly and I am 5' 11"

I must say the show was incredible! but I was very distracted and disapointed with all of the pushing and pot smoking going on..I guess I'm just not agressive enough.

So how is the view form the back of the GA? I have GA's for both of the DC shows was just thinking about hanging out in the back and enjoying the show instead of being pissed at the jerks up front. Was thinking of trying to trade them for lowers also..

I'm hoping the band and management come up with a solution to this soon.. By the sounds of other posts it sounds like it got dangerous in Vancouver..

Pentz said:
We were just trying to keep things fair, I resent your "stupid" fan comment, not if you were meaning me personally , but becuase my 9 yr old granduaghter was also helping out. So sorry for being considerate and trying to teach my grands the same.

Pentz, Thanks a lot for coordinating the number system for VAn 2 (if it was you). It really helped a lot!

MysteryGirl said:
where were you in the crowd? You might have been near me. I'm the one who had the sign. :D Anyway, the girl to my right got weird about my camera flashes! Excuse me?? All the other cameras in the place, and all the flashing lights on the stage, how in the bloody hell did MY flash bother her? Maybe she was jealous because she didn't have a camera! LOL! Due to my vision and my not always being able to hold my hand steady, I take a lot so that *something* will turn out!! A security guy had asked me to "chill out with the flash" and although she denied complaining to him, I don't believe her.

As they say, there's one in every crowd! Other than her, everyone I ran into was friendly.

I dont care about the camera flashes flash all you want but the sign...... well the reason why i started this thread or one of the reasons that is is cos someone infront of us was holding up a sign and blocking our views for most of the show.. hope you didnt do the same!

madonna said:
there is a reason you only pay $50 a ticket for those GAs... cause they suck ass.

The problem is - GAs aren't $50 a piece anymore - they're like $150 a piece if you get them for a "second tier" city on e-bay. A lot more than that if you get them for like New York or Chicago.

I got all seated tix for the tour so far but have contemplated maybe getting GAs for one show. But just watching the GA crowd at the Denver shows I can't imagine the view was really that great for anyone past right along the railing in the group just outside the ellipse. Plus there was this one guy who was totally wasted and kept teetering over everyone - looked like he was about to puke over about 10 people at any time. And this other guy that passed out and had to be carried out of the crowd.

I just can't see paying $300-$400 to have to wait all day in line for a "chance" to be in the ellipse, then ending up with a crappy view. For that $$$$ I'd rather get good lower level seats where you can see for sure.

Imagine if they actually printed "ellipse" on the tickets. That would make things interesting...

matt_tx00 said:

The problem is - GAs aren't $50 a piece anymore - they're like $150 a piece if you get them for a "second tier" city on e-bay. A lot more than that if you get them for like New York or Chicago.

I got all seated tix for the tour so far but have contemplated maybe getting GAs for one show. But just watching the GA crowd at the Denver shows I can't imagine the view was really that great for anyone past right along the railing in the group just outside the ellipse. Plus there was this one guy who was totally wasted and kept teetering over everyone - looked like he was about to puke over about 10 people at any time. And this other guy that passed out and had to be carried out of the crowd.

I just can't see paying $300-$400 to have to wait all day in line for a "chance" to be in the ellipse, then ending up with a crappy view. For that $$$$ I'd rather get good lower level seats where you can see for sure.

Imagine if they actually printed "ellipse" on the tickets. That would make things interesting...

That would deffientely be interesting! Imaging hopw many elipse tickets would go on ebay and for what price.. i bet people would try to sell them for well over 1000 dollars!!!

I was lucky atleast for the GA i only paid 50 dollars for them but i would have gladly paid more for a seating ticket! Never ever ganna wait all day for a chance anymore when people bud infront of you. Plus i could smell the smeel of weed and beer cos these two ladies behind us were getting drunk as well. Ughh the more i think about my ga situation the more i am pissed!!!!

I had the worst experience at Audioslave @ the Aragon a few weeks ago. I'm hoping the Chicago crowd chills out.

Why do people have to get so damn greedy, selfish, zealous, vain & stupid! Your spot is your spot when you arrive, just chill, chat w/ folks and enjoy the show.

And what's with the pot and booze? I'd understand if this was the psychadelic Monster Magnet or Alcoholica (Metallica), but U2 have never been known for either nor do these substances enhance the experience, they create chaos. U2 is already an enlightening experience that doesn't need drugs.

And then I wonder what is the proper procedure when someone is pushing, prodding and elbowing you? Do I beat the sh*t out of him and risk security catching me? Do I just shove back "gently"? It's one thing if you can manage to squeeze or slip in closer to the front, its another if you're using your body as a bloody battering ram.

And trying to crowd surf while literally crushing my little sister (like at the Aragon) is a definite no-no. These are the fools I have to deal with.
:angry:

Therapy is over for today.
:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom