Miami Experiences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2FloridaFan

New Yorker
OK. Let’s try this again. I wrote a whole thing earlier only to get logged out when I submitted it so the whole thing was lost, so here’s my second try.

It’s hard to describe all the emotions I’m feeling right now, but let’s start by saying that I’ve just had the most awesome 2 days I’ve had in a long time. The whole U2 experience is more than just loving their music, it’s all the little things too.

When Bono, Larry, Edge and Adam took the stage Monday night, I can only describe it as an awesome finale to a just as awesome 2 day U2 experience. It was the only way to end 2 days of pure bliss (mixed with some nail-biting moments (like not knowing exactly how the GA lines would work (the security guy the second night was just awesome and there was no way of cutting, they checked everyone’s wrist number as we were going in, if you weren’t where you were supposed to be…back you went). So there was no stampede like Sunday night, when two lines (U2.com and reg GA) became one line, when we realized how much longer the U2.com line was than the reg GA line – go figure). Thanks Valerie for being so persistent with security and getting on the bullhorn for us and doing a bi-lingual explanation of the GA line just to make sure everyone understood the way it was going to work. You rule girl!!! …Then there were the exhilarating moments (seeing the guys drive by the GA line on Sunday night and Bono rolling down his window and smiling and giving the peace sign to everyone who had been waiting all day…quite unexpected…and the Monday meet and greet “Edge documentary” session that was just beyond words - having Bono 3 feet away videotaping us about Edge and getting to speak to Edge and tell him how awesome Sunday night’s concert was and having him shake my hand and say thanks,– see my post under the Did you get interviewed by Bono? thread.) On top of that, on Monday night to be scanned into the ellipse (after being on the rail, almost at the tip on the outside of the ellipse on Sunday night…which we thought was great) and end up right on the front rail between Bono and Adam with people you had just spent the day getting to know (Sarah - I’m so happy you got be in front of yer man, Adam -, and Carol, two really sweet Australian girls), and my GA buddy for both Miami nights, Ramblinrose, whom I didn’t know before Miami (thank you for getting my butt out of bed so early Monday morning to get a great spot on the GA line…it was tough getting up that early after the concert the night before) made this show all the more memorable. All the Interference people… Kellyahern, it was great to meet you (the photo posting legend here…sorry the GA ticket with Mark didn’t work out for Monday) and Hippy, another super U2 fan, and Toni, Carol, Dani, Lisa, Leslie, Babette, Sami, Fiona and Sheila, you all made time fly in the GA lines Sunday and Monday with your U2 tales and sense of humor. It was such a fun time.

Now, some thoughts about Monday’s show. First when Bono took the stage for COBL, he had the same video camera on his shoulder that he had at the afternoon meet and greet and he used it to film Edge during the beginning of COBL. The crowd was really loud right off the bat and it built through the remainder of the show. Vertigo was off the scale and then when I heard the first chords of I Will Follow, I about died (one of my favorites, just from an energy standpoint). Then Electric Co. brought back some nice high school memories and most of the crowd seemed to know the words, which was nice (the crowd drowned Bono out so many times during the show, it was incredible). Next surprise was OOTS, which was really beautiful with keyboards too. SYCMIOYO wasn’t as stirring for me last night as it was on Sunday night (Sunday happened to be Bono’s dad’s birthday, which made the song extra poignant that night). The crowd just went completely nuts when they played LAPOE (Larry had to hustle to get to the back of the ellipse for this. He couldn’t seem to get loose from his earpiece thing but finally managed to and kind of walk-ran back to the drum kit on the catwalk.) Bono hit all the notes in Miss Sarajevo (another beautiful moment appreciated by the crowd). After WTSHNN the crowd was so loud, Bono just couldn’t believe it, he came back from the tip of the ellipse and just stood and said “WOW, WOW” before stepping back onto the main stage. When he put the mic back at the mic stand, the crowd was even more deafening and he started to speak and just couldn’t even be heard. He tried to get the crowd to quiet a bit which just made them roar even louder and the band finally just accepted all the love and Bono stepped back and was like “thank you, thank you.” He was truly overwhelmed with the response and was just smiling and so appreciative. It was so great to be a part of that cause it was sooo what I was feeling right at that moment and the crowd just echoed it. Truly amazing. We thought we might get Zoo Station, but then it turned out to be UTEOTW (I would’ve preferred Zoo Station but…you can’t have everything). During WOWY Bono brought up a girl who was only about 3 girls away from me on the rail (sorry Babette, you only missed it by one…again). She seemed to be more interested in looking at her boyfriend and blowing him a kiss than making eye contact with Bono. She would look at Bono then look away. Maybe she was just super shy. From where we were, we could see her legs just totally shaking the whole time. Ramblinrose seems to think Bono was pissed that she wouldn’t play his game so that’s why he put her back over the rail early. He did come back a little later and reached over and touched her hand, blew a kiss and waved goodbye. I just started to really get emotional at this point thinking “we’re almost at the end here and I won’t see them until the next tour….whenever that is.” It was really powerful and totally unexpected. I’m still really bummed. Bad, of course, was one everyone was hoping for and the boys didn’t disappoint and neither did the audience. Sunday’s show was so great and loud we never thought U2 or the Miami crowd could outdo that night. We were wrong. Monday night was just an unforgettable show.

I just can’t believe how many great opportunites Ramblinrose and I had to get close to these guys (inside the arena and out), we just couldn’t have asked for more…well, maybe an autograph from Bono would’ve been nice but maybe next time. Thank you, U2!!

Here's a couple of photos too

Bonocenterstage.jpg

During Miss Sarajevo

ramblinroseandKellyahern.jpg

Interferencers KellyAhern and RamblinRose

GAlineMondaynight.jpg

Monday night GA line
interferencers ramblinrose, U2FloridaFan, Sarahcostanza (l to r) and Carol from Australia

man i sooo bummed i wasn't able to stay for the monday night show, it couldve been great, great review u2FloridaFan. You guys are soo lucky you finally decided to go GA moday night as well, well thought!!

PS: its rudy, the honduran fan from the GA line, sunday night.

great review! I have been telling people.. Miami 1 was a great u2 show.. Miami 2.. was a religious experience. There was just somthing in the air last night and the stars must have just lined up perfectly. The audience was on fire. It was louder in Miami than I have heard in Boston or Montreal (the cities that previously held the record based on my own experience). The band just seemed so happy to be playing.

What a night! Songs that made my day.. Original, acoustic Walk On, and Bad.

I am on cloud 9 right now.

If anyone wants to see my pics from last night.. drop my an email. I will send you a link to my snapfish account.

tofubeast "at" yahoo.com

cheers!
danielle

kellyahern said:
Miami 2 was the loudest crowd I've ever heard :yes: :hyper:.

After Streets, the crowd just kept on screaming and roaring :bow:.

Hey Kelly, I saw you waiting for the band outside the arena on Sunday, I was the one sitting behind you in the grass wearing a black/gray T-shirt(Don't know if you noticed me).:wave:

These were the 2 greatest days of this tour for me. I'm glad U2FloridaFan wrote it all out, so I don't have too.

Both shows were spectacular. We got to enjoy the rail outside the ellipse with the acoustic encore and the rail inside the ellipse with the rocking encore. Unbelievable setlists, the loudest crowd I've heard since Barcelona and there were only 20,000 of us there rather than 85,000. The Bono drive by, the Edge Documentary, the perfect GA line on Monday and a very fun one also on Sunday. Meeting some of the nicest people, I think U2FloridaFan has named many of them.

Some of the highlights of the show for me were; WOWY on Sunday when I saw the guy next to me start sobbing uncontrollably for the duration of the song, 40 when I saw everyone from the highest levels to the lowest levels of the arena with as much energy as when the show started, (something some of my recent shows had lacked), Streets on Monday when we roared so loud for so long that even Larry said to Bono "Wow, they're loud", the breathtaking version of Original of the Species whose location in the setlist took me totally by surprise. I could probably go on for hours so I'll just leave it at that.

U2FloridaFan, thank you for sharing this GA experience with me. rudybay, I was so happy when I saw you on the rail in the ellipse in the spot you wanted.

All I can say is the bar was raised in Miami.

kellyahern said:

:wave:

I did see some people sitting by the palm trees :). I didn't know you were interferencers though, I would have said hi :reject:.

Actually, there were two girls near you with bright red "PLEBA Girl" T-shirts on , I didn't want to risk getting too close to them:reject: :shifty: :wink:

U2 addict said:

Actually, there were two girls near you with bright red "PLEBA Girl" T-shirts on , I didn't want to risk getting too close to them:reject: :shifty: :wink:

Aww, that was bonolady and her friend from Holland :). They had won a radio station contest to see the U2 opener when it was originally scheduled for Miami. They finally got to go on the trip, 8 months later.

I was kidding of course-I'll see you again tomorrow at the show I guess, and this time no PLEBA girls will stop me!:wink:

P.S-Congrats to bonolady and friend , hope you're sticking around for a few more shows:wave:

U2 addict said:
I was kidding of course-I'll see you again tomorrow at the show I guess, and this time no PLEBA girls will stop me!:wink:

P.S-Congrats to bonolady and friend , hope you're sticking around for a few more shows:wave:

I think they went back the next day :(.

But if you see me tomorrow, do come say hi :wave: :). I probably won't be getting there until at least after 4:30 p.m. because my sister is going with me and she works in New Port Richey, so I have to wait until she can get home.

Miami was, indeed, incredible!

I feel very blessed to have hooked up with some other Interferencers! I'm looking forward to seeing you all again at future shows! (Like Tampa and Atlanta!)

I'm still stunned from these two shows... :drool:

U2FloridaFan said:
During WOWY Bono brought up a girl who was only about 3 girls away from me on the rail (sorry Babette, you only missed it by one…again). She seemed to be more interested in looking at her boyfriend and blowing him a kiss than making eye contact with Bono. She would look at Bono then look away. Maybe she was just super shy. From where we were, we could see her legs just totally shaking the whole time. Ramblinrose seems to think Bono was pissed that she wouldn’t play his game so that’s why he put her back over the rail early. He did come back a little later and reached over and touched her hand, blew a kiss and waved goodbye.

I know the girl he pulled on stage... her name is Lisette and she is an awesome chick! :) (She and I met at a Coldplay concert earlier this year... doing the GA thing and sweating our asses off all afternoon just to get front row center!)

She and her boyfriend Eddie (the really tall guy right next to her) share WOWY as a special song so she wanted to make sure he knew! I'm sure that Bono was intimidating her as well! lol

Perhaps Bono got pissed... but that didn't come across further back in the arena. It seemed like a really cool, appreciative fan wanting to share her time on stage with those around her.

Re: Re: Miami Experiences

hippy said:

but that didn't come across further back in the arena. It seemed like a really cool, appreciative fan wanting to share her time on stage with those around her.

Yeah, I didn't notice anything from the back either. Both WOWY girls on both nights were adorable :cute:. The girl on the first night was so stunned she sat on the ellipse for a little while after it was over :lol: :cute:.

rudybay said:
man i sooo bummed i wasn't able to stay for the monday night show, it couldve been great, great review u2FloridaFan. You guys are soo lucky you finally decided to go GA moday night as well, well thought!!

PS: its rudy, the honduran fan from the GA line, sunday night.

Hi Rudy, saw that you got into the ellipse on Sunday. We were on the rail on the outside of the ellipse and saw you and your dad and were so happy for you. Sorry you didn't get to play on stage:(

danielle said:
great review! I have been telling people.. Miami 1 was a great u2 show.. Miami 2.. was a religious experience. There was just somthing in the air last night and the stars must have just lined up perfectly. The audience was on fire. It was louder in Miami than I have heard in Boston or Montreal (the cities that previously held the record based on my own experience). The band just seemed so happy to be playing.

What a night! Songs that made my day.. Original, acoustic Walk On, and Bad.

I am on cloud 9 right now.

Of course you could be biased because you were on the rail right in front of Edge Monday night.:wink: :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Miami Experiences

kellyahern said:

Yeah, I didn't notice anything from the back either. Both WOWY girls on both nights were adorable :cute:. The girl on the first night was so stunned she sat on the ellipse for a little while after it was over :lol: :cute:.
That girl was staying at our hotel. Super nice/sweet. Her name is Sylvia and she came to the shows from Costa Rica. She didn't have a sign but her t-shirt said "I love Irish boys." She ended up buying an extra ticket we had for night 2 right down by Edge's side of the ramp. She had a Costa Rican flag with her that night, so at first I thought it was her flag Bono grabbed over there, but it was actually a Puerto Rican flag (u2tours is saying it's Chilean). Anyway, Bono held up the flag and said something to the effect..."Not yet, but coming to a stadium near you" and then turned and said "Right, Larry?" and stood there staring back at Larry and Larry just started cracking up. Great shows. Incredible crowds.

Anyway, this girl Sylvia gave me her email. Unfortunately I didn't have anything to write it down with, but I'm fairly certain it's sylgari@yahoo.com, so if anyone out there has pics or video of her on stage I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Silvia's email is actually:
silgari@yahoo.com

And yes, she is dying for pics of her with Bono.. so if you have em from Sunday night.. send them to her!!

She was super nice. I sat with her all day on Monday and she was still in shock. Ten years as a U2 fan, her first time seeing them, and a dance with Bono. Does it get much better than that? I am happy to hear she made it into the show on Monday.

I am still so on cloud 9 from Miami..that I have not sat down and watched the Chicago DVD. I don't want to confuse my memory. I will probably watch it this weekend sometime.

**I posted some of my pics on here. Some are also in my review on u2tours.com

danielle

Thanks for the correction, Danielle. I wasn't sure if it was with a "y" or an "i". She sat next to Otto on Monday night. She said he left at some point (to take pictures elsewhere?), but that it was cool because it gave her more room to dance. She REALLY wanted to hear IWF that night, so I'm glad she got her wish...not to mention the dance with Bono the night before.:D

Those are the most amazing and revealing photos of Bono in concert that I have seen from this tour!

I am speechless.

Thank you, Lila64, for finding those. :wink:

He takes such amazing pictures. Man, I want to hit delete on all mine after seeing his shots! I have to find out what camera Michael is using. Hope he write me back soon. I met him outside on the GA line monday. He has crazy tats as well.

Hi I don't know if any of you remember me im realy shy and don't post often but im on here all the time. I posted a thread about a month a go called “is it possible/tips on how to meet the band” and just wanted to say thank you agene to all the tips given 'cuz they worked I was at the second show and showed up with my friend at like 11:00am and were right in the front squished up against the barricades when Bono and The Edge came out for the whole “a day in the life of The Edge” thing. Bono was right in front of me talking about why he had the camera and some of the fans were talking back, but I was like drooling and stuttering the whole time then The Edge started to shake some fans hands and when he got to me he was like

Edge: hi how are you?
Me: duh... :drool:..Edgeee...

So it was like the best day of my life I have pics but do not know how to post them any ways sorry had to share every time I’ve told some one the story there like who’s The Edge the guy from Guns and Roses? And then a little pice of me dies and I have to yell at them ‘cuz they have the audacity of confusing The Edge with Slash… sorry ok I done

Back
Top Bottom