Miami Experiences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge vs. Slash?

Well one has a lot of hair...and the other....

I :wink: think there are bigger differences between the two of them than hair! hehe. glad you got to meet them out there!

danielle said:
He takes such amazing pictures. Man, I want to hit delete on all mine after seeing his shots! I have to find out what camera Michael is using. Hope he write me back soon. I met him outside on the GA line monday. He has crazy tats as well.

Hi Danielle! It is "Magic Ticket Matthew"! Mike (Bonobaltimore) uses a Sony DCS-H1 digital camera. He sets the camera on shutter priority for most of his shots. And he sets his shutter speed for most of the shots from 1/60th-1/250th for most of the photos that he takes. If you look in the latest issue of Rolling Stone (the one with Billie Joe on the cover) you will see a photo of his - it is the one that features Bruce Springsteen from Philly 2.

Matthew
the_mudman@yahoo.com

I already posted some pictures in PLEBA but I thought I could post my entire review here.

First let me say sunday was my first U2 show ever and it had been my dream for a long time to see them in concert and see Bono really close . Planning this trip wasn't easy and since I live in South America I had this goal to travel to Miami because I might never get to see them live. Now that it's almost confirmed they're coming here I'm thinking about making a trip to Argentina.

I got back yesterday from Miami and my mom and I had an incredible time, I can honestly say these were the best 2 days of my life.

We had GA tickets for sunday so at 11 we went to check out the line and got numbers 171 and 172, and we met some really nice people in line. Later in the afternoon, a crowd of people waited for the boys to arrive but we had no luck. Bono passed by in his car waving at people in the GA line, this was the first time I saw him in person and I freaked out! :love:

The line for presale tickets didn't really work but it was fine. So we entered the arena and didn't get to the elipse so I thought well, at least we'll be somewhere in the middle of the floor. I nearly fainted when we got right in the center, second row.:dance:
My feet were killing me but I kept thinking that my dream was finally coming true and I had the perfect spot.
The concert was completely amazing, I loved every second. They played some of my favorite songs like COBL, Mysterious ways, Wild Horses and Beautiful day. I could see everything and Bono was soooo close I couldn't believe it was all real. I have this dream of dancing with Bono but it didn't happen, he choose a girl from the left side. The people around us were super nice and told me it was going to be amazing and I will never forget that night. They were completely right.

On monday I was like crazy hurrying my mom because I wanted to go again to the gate where the boys came inside the arena. We got there at 4 and the crowd was pretty big. We took a good spot and 10 min. later everybody went nuts when we heard sirens and Bono and Edge got off of their cars. It was so surreal and I was shaking like a leaf. Bono had a camera and was interviewing people about Edge. I wasn't interviewed but it was incredible and Bono seemed so happy. He was right in front of me.:drool:

We also had tickets for monday night in the third level next to the stage. The show was also great and we had a diferent view from the night before. The setlist was different and very good. I loved the fly, original of the species and walk on.

Something I really liked was that there were people from all over the world, from Brazil, Venezuela, Holland and other places. It was like a big reunion of friends.

Those days were so great I'm still on a high. And I think it'll be a long time before I get back to reality.

Here is a link to some of my pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/viviana13

And some more
100_0075.jpg

100_0080.jpg

100_0145.jpg

100_0211.jpg

U2 addict said:

Actually, there were two girls near you with bright red "PLEBA Girl" T-shirts on , I didn't want to risk getting too close to them:reject: :shifty: :wink:

hi, that was my friend bonolady and i. we came from holland to miami as kelly said.
i hope we didn't scare you:ohmy:
it would have been nice to meet other people from interference, that's also why we wore those pleba-shirts, so you would recognise us.:)

anyway, miami was great !!!!
and just before we had to go back to the airport, we bumped into bono on the beach:happy: :happy: :happy:
we have pics of this meeting, we will post our story and these pics in pleba soon:camera:

Were you the one whose ticket would not scan at the door on Sunday night. I was right behind you, or maybe it was your friend (you had on white and yellow shirts). I felt bad for you but the girl at the door kept trying and trying to get your ticket to scan and she kept holding up everyone else in line trying to get your ticket to work. I guess you must have gotten in cause I later saw you in the ellipse (and I was on the outside :( :( ). Good for you...bad for me. But the next night I was in the ellipse right on the rail in front of Bono and Adam. Did you go to the 2nd show in Miami?

My friend had a problem whith her ticket(she was wearing a white t-shirt), i was inside of arena waiting for her( wearing a yellow t-shirt), whith my Ellipse Ticket!!!!!!:crazy:
I was so nervous, cause i just got the tickets at Will Call Box!!!!!:rant:
The Crew guy were so sweet taking care of me while my friend was fixing the problem, thanks guy, i don't know your name!

When my ticket was scanned, the girls shouted " Vertigo, Vertigo, Vertigo, you are in!" and me: " God, my friend is outside", the Crew guy took care of me and asked me: "Where is your friend?" and me: " She's outhere whith the lady who is scannning the ticket, she has a problem!" and the Crew Guy: "Stay here by my side, and let me know about your friend, take care whith the door!"
And the people were going inside the Ellipse and we lost ours goods spots:sad:we traveled only to see the concerts.

I was at Miami 13, and Tampa 16 shows, in Miami 14 we waited for them outside of arena and met Bono and shook Edge's hand!:drool: :dancing:

Danielle, were you and Elijah ours Ellipse Buddies?:wave:

Re: hey again

largoedge said:
Hey U2FloridaFan, remember me. i stood next to you on sunday to meet the band when the guy was seling picks and the setlist. i got some pics online too. one is when bono interviewed me. drop a line this way. http://community.webshots.com/user/largoedge

bye

Are you the guy in the white shirt? I remember the pick selling guy too :lol:. I didn't know you were from Tampa too, cool :).

:wave:

angelofdublin said:

hi, that was my friend bonolady and i. we came from holland to miami as kelly said.
i hope we didn't scare you:ohmy:

:wave: I was just joking around, I really wanted to meet you guys (and Kelly as well) but my friend was hungry and he forced me to go to a resturant with him, at about 5:30pm.
Turns out we missed Bono driving by due to that, and I think you guys left as well:(
Oh well, maybe we can finally meet on the next tour.Hope you had a great time in Miami:)

yep, we also missed bono driving by on sunday:(

but...... we met him on the beach on monday:hyper: :combust:
we have pics of that meeting, just uploaded them, we will post them tomorrow in pleba

Back
Top Bottom