Maddy's Story (This is Maddy!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosLil'Pal94

ONE love, blood, life
Hey everyone! It’s Maddy! My mom said I earned my name on Interference lol :happy: Soo……here’s my story!

On Friday, we arrived in Hawaii. My mom and I met up with Zoney, Schmeg, GotPhilk, Liesje, No spoken words, and our friends Mark and Carla. We went to have dinner at a Mexican restaurant. It was really fun! We took a picture with sombreros on heehee. I’m sure my mom will post the pic soon.

On Saturday, we went to line up around 7:30-8:00 AM. It was already packed, and I was worried we’d get a bad spot. I met soooo many people!! I would name them all but it would take forEVER! You guys kept me occupied all morning, so, thanks for that! Finally around 3:45, they let the first section of GA people into the second area behind the stadium. At 4:15, our group (the 3rd group) was let into the second area. It was a really long line. I was surprised how many people there really were!! The line reminded my mom and I of Disneyland- lots of walking and a curvy line area. We stood in line with Karmic_Postmark and Cleasai. That line took about 15-20 minutes of waiting. We kept ourselves busy by texting people farther up in line *coughcoughgotphilkcoughcough* :laugh: good times…good times :wink: So by the time we were let into the stadium, it was around 5:00 PM. The GA area was already really full, sadly. We found ourselves a spot with GotPhilk and Liesje in about the 3rd row back on Adam’s b-stage. Around 6:30 I think.. Rocko and the Devils came on. They were pretty good; Rocko was enjoying himself more than the fans LOL. After they were done playing, a man named Daryl (I don’t know how to spell it) came up to me and asked if when U2 started I’d like to come up and stand in front of him on the rail!!! I was sooo excited! I accepted and then Pearl Jam came on. They ROCKED THE HOUSE!!! I need to download them onto my ipod soon, lol. After PJ, we sat down for a rest for about 30 minutes. When Wake Up began to play, Daryl motioned for me to come over. The whole show I had my arms rested on the step that Bono could lean on from the b-stage into the crowd. I was next to a girl about my age who had been to a lot of shows and that I recognized from my first LA show. Her name was Lily. During Angel of Harlem, Bono was holding up a peace sign, and me and Lily held one up as well. He looked right over at us, then pointed to one of us..or both! He may have pointed to me because he remembered me from the Edun event at Nordstroms in LA, or maybe he recognized Lily from all the shows she’d been to. Well, at the beginning of Sunday Bloody Sunday, John the security guy came up to ME! and asked if I wanted to go on stage!!! Lily and John and the people around me were convincing me to go up. I was really nervous at first! The first thing that came out of my mouth was: “Can she come up with me?” pointing to Lily, LOL. But they persuaded me and I went. John led me through the security aisle and to another GA area right next to the catwalk onto Adam’s b-stage. He explained what I was going to do and what Bono was going to do. The people around me were asking me if I was excited and stuff like that. Bono started to sing the part with the Father and Sons of Abraham as he walked to the catwalk. He then said, “Are you a daughter of Abraham?” as John lifted me up onto the catwalk. Bono took my hand and led me to the stage. I looked over at the Edge and smiled and he smiled back :cute: Bono said, “Sit here,” pointing to one of the speaker/monitor things at the front of the stage. He sat on the other one and asked me my name. I said Maddy but he couldn’t hear me with his earpiece thing in so he had to take it out. I repeated my name for him. He stood up and told the crowd something along the lines of, “We have Maddy up here…” or something like that. He sang the line, “Wipe your tears away..” as he put his finger to my face and “wiped a tear from my face.” (That is shown in one of the pics posted somewhere) Then we did the ‘No Mores.’ We did about 3 of them then he did it with the crowd. After that he took my hand again and lifted me up and walked me to the end of the main stage. From there John took me down and led me back to my spot. I was on cloud 9 for a long time after that!! People were congratulating me on my way back to my spot. John put me back in my spot and I could see my mom screaming like heck in the crowd :laugh: After the show, at least 20 people came up to me congratulating me and telling me what a great job I did! They say I’m famous now, lol. That’s all folks! :dancing: :dancing:

Lots of Love,
Maddy :heart:

http://forum.interference.com/out.php?http://www.flickr.com/photos/u2logcom/318962318/in/pool-u2log/

maddyandbono.jpg

What a wonderful story, Maddy!!! So many people here are so happy for you!!! And welcome to the wonderful world of Interference!! :hug:

BTW, what do the kids in school think of all this? Not everybody can say they've been on stage with Bono!!!

OMG! Congratulations!

That's really fabulous. What a great story to tell your friends! :happy:

Maddy, I KNEW I should have asked for an autograph the night before!!! Congratulations, I cannot tell you how my jaw dropped when I realized it was you up there. I'm happy you have such an amazing story to tell. You got an early XMas (Channukah) present!!! :)

Finally I got to read your story! So awesome Maddy! I am so happy for you I am in tears!:sad:--tears of joy! Words escape me... Only that I wish I was there with you guys! Let tell ya Darryl Long is the funniest, nicest guy there is. I hit it off right away with him in Vegas and have been buds ever since.. And Lily is sweet girl too.. Her mom, Lynn is pretty cool too.

I hope you will still IM me even though ur famous..lol :wink:

Hi Maddy! I'm the lady who stood behind you when John moved you closer to the front. I just posted some pics for you & a message on the "December 9th Honolulu Pictures" thread... check it out!

MADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so happy to see your black and red Santa hat that I started hitting Zoney. :lol:

You are a really cool kid and you deserved to have an awesome experience like that! We couldn't even tell you were nervous at first...cool as a cucumber.

:applaud:

Hey Maddy! :wave:

:up: for (you earning) your own username!

Congrats on making it on stage and thank you for sharing your amazing story with us!

Really great!!

Congratulations Maddy! :hug: Sounds like it was a wonderful experience for you. The girl who held the cell phone for those of us at the setlist party to hear said it was Lila's daughter. That was so exciting to hear! I'm so glad you got to experience this!

I hope you're feeling back to normal again soon! :hug:

congratulations maddy! =) hahah and a very warm welcome to inference! <3 i'm so happy that you had such an unforgettable experience at the last vertigo show! you go girl! ;]

Re: Re: Maddy's Story (This is Maddy!!)

gr@cie said:
Congratulations Maddy!!! I think it was the highlight of the setlist party when someone said you had been asked up on stage :applaud: well done

I bet she was :)

:wave:

I saw one foreign text message on my phone, and I was pretty sure it was you :hug:

The only reason Maddy hasn't signed up here before is because I thought there was an age limit. But I thought that after her experience, she earned it :yes:

I wonder who the source was over at the Zoo. I did see a couple of zoopeeps there. I saw Servo (Sharon) and AngelEyes. In one of the photos of the fans online, I saw AngelEyes(Debbie) on the rail. I still have to type up a little story & load more photos... Not enough hours in the day!

Back
Top Bottom