Just got back from Europe and thought I would share some.. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747
Ok. Before the Americans come on and flame me even more, ill just agree with u guys.
I think there's an element of me being in a bad mood that's made me post all this anyway. It aint something I would normally do!
its not that mate, surley you understand he is human? and maybe dosent want to pose for a photograph every single day,

he deserves days of like any of us

Old 08-04-2005, 08:24 AM   #22
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:40 PM
Re: Re: good on you!

Quote:
Originally posted by LuvandPeace1980

Yeah I know what ya mean, what pisses me off is more from my side, because I neither explained that I am a huge fan and I really respect him and shit..
But I just didn't say any of the stuff I thought I would say when I met him. I felt uncomfortable because 1 it was a big chance meeting and 2 because he was in a pathology.. eh. So I stumbled.
Ah well next time I will be ready!
hahahaha
I dont know that it gets any easier!? I have met a lot of my hero's and every time i just turn into a bumbling mess! I dont know what it is, i mean they are just people right? Its interesting...anyway i wouldnt feel bad about it just enjoy it for what it was....

Old 08-04-2005, 08:25 AM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 07:10 PM
The Cardiff one was the best one for sure, it felt like more energised that the others!
I am glad I travelled to that little Cardiff town for it, I must say the organisation for Standing room entrance was pathetic. They just let everyone in at once, they didn't stagger it and it became dangerous when entering the pit. Especially with Drunk fuckfaces yelling push as some kind of sick joke!

About the rest of the discussion I must say:
Yes very diplomatic in here tonight, well done!
I honestly thought I was going to get a few.. yeah sure you met him type people
Old 08-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
The Cardiff one was the best one for sure, it felt like more energised that the others!
I am glad I travelled to that little Cardiff town for it, I must say the organisation for Standing room entrance was pathetic. They just let everyone in at once, they didn't stagger it and it became dangerous when entering the pit. Especially with Drunk fuckfaces yelling push as some kind of sick joke!

Can u remember which gate u went thru? U might have been stood next to me!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:27 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

am just jealous you got to shake the mans hand, it would be a pleasure to meet him or any of the band
Old 08-04-2005, 08:30 AM   #26
War Child

Local Time: 07:10 PM
I have it on my ticket, let me check
gate 7, entry A3.. I can't remember if A3 was relevant when we entered, I didn't get there til 3.30pm and I still made it in the pit. Which I think showed how badly organised it was.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:33 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I have it on my ticket, let me check
gate 7, entry A3.. I can't remember if A3 was relevant when we entered, I didn't get there til 3.30pm and I still made it in the pit. Which I think showed how badly organised it was.
Yep - gate 7 for me too! Was it u I was pushing then?

Just kidding!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:34 AM   #28
Acrobat

efc

Quote:
Originally posted by KUEFC09U2
its not that mate, surley you understand he is human? and maybe dosent want to pose for a photograph every single day,

he deserves days of like any of us
I know what EFC stands for but what about KU?
I guess you know we just signed Neville!?
(sorry folks private scouse conversation this one)
Old 08-04-2005, 08:36 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Re: efc

Quote:
Originally posted by reptile

Phil's left us?!

A sad day for UTD....

TILL WE GET OWEN OF COURSE!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:48 AM   #30
Acrobat

Re: Re: Re: good on you!

Quote:

I dont know that it gets any easier!? I have met a lot of my hero's and every time i just turn into a bumbling mess! I dont know what it is, i mean they are just people right? Its interesting...anyway i wouldnt feel bad about it just enjoy it for what it was....
Yeah I know what you mean. I met Ewan McGregor in my local pub (can you believe that?) and I think I was probably a bit goofy at first. I was about to ask "Aren't you...?" (I know - dumb!) and anticipating the question he laughed and said "Aye, it is me." I guess he gets that rather a lot.

Having said that, I had been there a while and had several pints of liquid comedy, so the bravado kicked in and I asked him for the photo/autograph thing - which he was kind enough to do. I now have a great shot of us blowing kisses to the camera together.

He's a really nice bloke actually. We chatted for about an hour or so, then he bought me a pint and left.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:49 AM   #31
Acrobat

Re: Re: efc

Quote:

Phil's left us?!

A sad day for UTD....

TILL WE GET OWEN OF COURSE!
everyday is a sad day for utd
Old 08-04-2005, 08:53 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Re: Re: efc

Quote:

everyday is a sad day for utd
http://forum.interference.com/t133625.html

Footy thread my friend!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:54 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Re: efc

Quote:

its just my name kevin underwood,

personally great signing for us, play at tha back or midfield, now lets just get someone pacy up front before the deadline
Old 08-04-2005, 08:58 AM   #34
Acrobat

Re: Re: Re: Re: good on you!

Quote:
Originally posted by stevec

Yeah I know what you mean. I met Ewan McGregor in my local pub (can you believe that?) and I think I was probably a bit goofy at first. I was about to ask "Aren't you...?" (I know - dumb!) and anticipating the question he laughed and said "Aye, it is me." I guess he gets that rather a lot.

Having said that, I had been there a while and had several pints of liquid comedy, so the bravado kicked in and I asked him for the photo/autograph thing - which he was kind enough to do. I now have a great shot of us blowing kisses to the camera together.

He's a really nice bloke actually. We chatted for about an hour or so, then he bought me a pint and left.
oh yeah a bit of the old 'liquid amber' can do wonders for the old confidence. I met Christy Moore a few years back at a secret gig and i had had a few and got talking with him quite easily, he ended up dedicating a song to me! The moral being, if you meet your idols, make sure you are drunk!?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:02 AM   #35
Acrobat

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: good on you!

Quote:
I met Christy Moore a few years back at a secret gig and i had had a few and got talking with him quite easily, he ended up dedicating a song to me! The moral being, if you meet your idols, make sure you are drunk!?

Now THAT is cool! Looked for a dedication at the end of Phantom menace to me, but alas...

Beer - ya gotta love it!
Old 08-04-2005, 09:04 AM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 07:10 AM
Quote:

Actually, it's a very cool story. Thanks for sharing it. . And no one else has one like it either .

I'm sure you didn't stumble like you thought you did. He probably came away with thinking you were a very nice guy by being okay when there was no photo .

Plus you got a smile from Ali .
Old 08-04-2005, 09:04 AM   #37
Acrobat

Re: Re: Re: Re: efc

Quote:

[
Footy thread my friend!
thanks mate
im new to this place
its 1.30am here but next time i log on i will spend some time on the footy thread.
Cheers
Old 08-04-2005, 09:13 AM   #38
Acrobat

Re: Re: efc

Quote:
Originally posted by KUEFC09U2
its just my name kevin underwood,

personally great signing for us, play at tha back or midfield, now lets just get someone pacy up front before the deadline
Hey Kevin,
How many hours left until deadline?!
We probably shouldnt take over this thread discussing the Blues.
Maybe we can catch up on the footy thread sometime.
Im from Skem by the way. Was back in Liverpool last in 2002/3. (at arsenal game when he whom we no longer speak of got the winner)
Old 08-04-2005, 10:59 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie

eh?
Old 08-04-2005, 12:17 PM   #40
War Child

Re: Re: Re: Re: good on you!

Quote:
Originally posted by stevec

Great story!
Ewan McGregor
The first and only time I've been on a 'fan line' of some sort was to see him, at a film festival in NYC, and I couldn't bring myself to say anything to him as he stood right in front of me. Not that I had more than a couple milliseconds before the pouncing began, and it was lowkey pouncing compared to some scenes I think, but still...it all made me feel funny about asking *anything* of him. Once he was a couple feet away and about to face a gauntlet of photographers (and he had great technique with that) I mumbled something inaudible like 'thanks for all your lovely film work' or somesuch. Then I was afraid I was disturbing when I just stared with a dumbass smitten-seeming smile on my face as he did some tv interview down the carpet, but I'm guessing he's used to that.
I'd like to think in a more casual setting like a pub I'd be brave enough to do a "aren't you...?" deal, especially after a pint or two!
but who knows...

Great that you got to shake hands with the b-man, LuvandPeace1980, and totally reasonable I think that he wasn't in a mood for photos at the doctor's office...
cheers all!